• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hurricane prep for boat rv

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I anchored my rv using boat and anchored boat in the fence post. The RV only exposed on the wind (west side), east side block by house, south block by garage. In my area the is no exposure to north wind unless hurricanes on the east/Atlantic side. I did not tighten it yet cause I may not need it but if it veers toward Sebastian I can quickly tighten. I also have the camper attach to tow vehicle for added stability. E2D9EC1F-0EF1-411F-8893-9EB89C39B1B1.jpegD633207D-7493-473A-A431-044B5E76ABB2.jpegC73E235F-8176-4040-9E9E-D24FEB6FD2EF.jpegHow do you guys prep for RV and boat?

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I take the T-top windshield and leaning post off and stuff her in the garage.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I anchored my rv using boat and anchored boat in the fence post. The RV only exposed on the wind (west side), east side block by house, south block by garage. In my area the is no exposure to north wind unless hurricanes on the east/Atlantic side. I did not tighten it yet cause I may not need it but if it veers toward Sebastian I can quickly tighten. I also have the camper attach to tow vehicle for added stability. View attachment 188812View attachment 188813View attachment 188814How do you guys prep for RV and boat?
FWIW, you may want to take the T top canvas off to remove any lift that it could provide.

Fill all of your holding tanks up to the top, water is heavy! You could probably easily add 1000# to your RV. And, by filling the potable water tank that will give you some drinking water if the potable city water becomes polluted.

Can you throw a line over your TV antenna? That should keep it from flapping in high winds.

Good call on hitching the RV to your truck

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have everything filled in the rv I will fill the boat too. I will check if I can remove t top canvas

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have everything filled in the rv I will fill the boat too. I will check if I can remove t top canvas
There is a ratchet strap on the starboard side inside of a nylon flap that Velcro’s together.. once the strap is loose, take it off beginning at the rear. Super easy, I do it all the time before I hit the interstate.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Your self bailing cockpit will drain the torrential rain off no problem, leave the drain plugs out too as you may get water going into the bilge around the storage pod doors..

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2F67BD96-E929-4669-B634-C10F9452148B.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I took off my Bimini, speakers, and strapped down the boats with ground anchors/ratchets.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I didn’t get chance to remove ttop canvas it was raining hard here I manage to fill bait well with water for extra weight. I woke up and pool overflowing I am draining using garden hose D311C7A1-D1F2-4C9B-82EC-3DA8E31CE7D5.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I didn’t get chance to remove ttop canvas it was raining hard here I manage to fill bait well with water for extra weight. I woke up and pool overflowing I am draining using garden hose View attachment 188852
is there any benefit to draining the pool? I hear people say it…. But it doesn’t make sense to me. Once at ground level any extra water just becomes run off like it was the ground around it?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
is there any benefit to draining the pool? I hear people say it…. But it doesn’t make sense to me. Once at ground level any extra water just becomes run off like it was the ground around it?
It was leveled same as the house it could flow to my lanai area I’m not even sure it’s working looks like I removed an inch of water and it’s raining hard again lol

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your patio drain isn't going to keep up with the rain. If your pool is high, you're increasing the cha ces your patio floods into your house. If you drain the pool some, the rain has to fill that up first before it can flood.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Your patio drain isn't going to keep up with the rain. If your pool is high, you're increasing the cha ces your patio floods into your house. If you drain the pool some, the rain has to fill that up first before it can flood.
You can damage a pool if you drain it too much in saturated ground.

Good luck to those of you out there.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You can damage a pool if you drain it too much in saturated ground.

Good luck to those of you out there.
I managed to get 4" out, I will only do about a foot so I can stop draining tonight while i sleep. Dont want to wake up with an empty pool lol

neighbor having fun already
9D24FAA1-2851-4287-84A9-C4DD5923493F.jpeg

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My pool drains via the pump. So it can be made to not drain lower than the skimmer if you set it to only pull water from there.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My pool drains via the pump. So it can be made to not drain lower than the skimmer if you set it to only pull water from there.
Not sure if I have that feature but likely not, its an older pool, I turned off pump cause water level will be below skimmer when im done tonight

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had that on my pool as well. It would move a lot of water. I also had a little electric pump which kept up well with the ran and I didn't have to worry about it pumping too fast. I have always had a hand pump as well for any kind of water issue. I always kept the pool level down below the top during a storm to prevent damage on the decorative tile set across the top (actually the mortar would start to have issues). I still have a vacation home in St. Augustine so a little concerned about it. In Jacksonville the biggest issue was flooding especially from St. Johns river when the storm comes across Florida like it is. No place for the water to go. I hope everyone get through with no issues.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I woke up pool almost full again and still raining so probably fill up on it’s own later I will check on adding drain in my pump 38686D33-51A8-4990-A92E-983E1DEAFA1F.jpeg
Casualty from Ian 20 ft section of my fence and my moringa tree i will send drone later for closer look on roof but from ground looks ok. Not bad for my first Hurricane I would think lol. The boat and RV rig is so secure when the eye passing nearest to me I check and it’s not even shaking at allE58A6BFC-153D-4A95-B220-ACC0406867D4.jpeg 481FD4FB-3032-48C3-9921-723939F5B4ED.jpeghope everyone is safe!

Last edited: