• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I am going to try electric drum brakes on my trailer.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not having that klunky feeling when stopping or starting would make the investment in time and money worth it. Trailer brakes should be powerful enough to stop the trailer and not rely on the TV to stop the trailer.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not having that klunky feeling when stopping or starting would make the investment in time and money worth it. Trailer brakes should be powerful enough to stop the trailer and not rely on the TV to stop the trailer.
That clunky noise and jerk was is not something I miss and when I have to tow a surge brake trailer I always get surprised for the first few traffic lights. Not sure if $2k is worth it for everyone, but for me and our family we are quite happy with it

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My is electric over hydrolic disk brakes and I have them on two axles of the trailer. Despite the $2k upgrade I will be doing this on our future trailers. I am not sure that the price is worth the benefit, but I am defiantly very happy.
One thing to point out is that I went from surge disk brakes on a single axle to EOH disk brakes on both axles. So it is possible that main gain on my stop king power could be coming by adding extra brakes on the second axle. But one thing is unquestionably true. In the past I could feel the trailer presence of the trailer when braking. Now it almost feels that truck and trailer stop better or the same as if there is no trailer. Kidding you not that is how it feels and I only crank up the gain to 3.5
My new trailer has EOH on one axle and I feel the same way! So so much better than the surge….now my surge brakes on my MFI was not in good condition so I went from the worst situation to about the best.
The actuator is louder than I expected, on a stop during one of our trips this summer my wife was pulling the boat and I was pulling our fifth wheel, she parked beside me. As I walked around I kept looking around my camper trying to figure out why the water pump or something was running, then I realized she had her foot on the brakes and it was the actuator/pump whatever it is that creates pressure for the EOH brakes.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Wayloncle that is a true story, as soon as I put my window down on the truck I can hear it when my foot is on the trailer. Especially when I back up the boat in the garage. I often times turn the gain to 0.0 when I am backing up in the garage so I dont have to hear to weaning noise.