• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I think the Yamaha trident is upside down

captedit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
This is my 2023 Yamaha 195S. Got 5 hours on it so far and it's awesome...EXCEPT, I just noticed the other day I think the factory installed the Yamaha trident badges that are on the stern upside down. On the Yammy website the points of the tridents are 12, 4 and 8 o'clock, mine are flipped. I'm not sure what to do, it's almost kind of unique, no one will notice I don't think, and I'm frightened that if I ask for a warranty fix that the dealer will scratch up my gelcoat getting the upside down badges off and re-gluing them back on. I have enclosed pictures, are these really upside down? Does it matter? What would you do?
Screenshot_20230619-215909.png
Screenshot_20230619-215838.png

They're tuning forks, they work the same no matter what direction they point ;)

There was a woman with her young son at the sea shore, the son was playing at the waters edge when suddenly a big wave crashed onto the son and pulled him into the water and he disappeared. The woman cried to God to bring her son back, suddenly a giant Albatross appeared and dove into the ocean then emerged from the water carrying her son and set the boy down in front of the woman. The woman looked to the sky and said, but he had a hat.

Take it back.

Its will be an oddball collectable someday, lol

2023 Yamaha AR195 here. Quality is not up to par for sure. Wake tower is chipping and is supposed to be powder coated....yea, right. Motor is solid and bulletproof, but other areas of the boat I am not happy with re: quality.

So, to answer your question, the upside down badges most likely will be the least of your issues moving forward. I'm very meticulous re: how I care for things, and I'm pissed when I see short cuts or simple mistakes that should have been caught by quality control at the factory. I'm also hearing that Yamaha customer service sucks even when dealing with much larger issues. So, I suggest being prepared to do some of the simple fixes yourself like I'm doing.

Hate to say it, but I think this example of quality control is our new normal in everything for a while.

After reading the replies here I'm convinced I will ignore it. If they cannot get a logo correct, the odds of them scratching the crap out of the gelcoat to remove then reapply it are high.

captedit. I have not looked at my boat, but I believe you can easily remove it yourself as I did this similar move on my Dodge truck. It should be installed with double sided tape. What I did on my truck was this to remove/ de-badge it.
- Use a hair dryer or heat gun to lightly heat the area.
-Then use fishing line starting at top and work back and forth between emblem and fiberglass.
- The emblem should come right off.
- Remove remaining glue residue with "goof off" or similar product.
- Before re-installing old emblem, or new one, wipe the area with alcohol to ensure a good bond.

Back