• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Infinity 6100M Mic Replacment Fix

sbarger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
BTW, with the plug, the amp does make a sound when running that I never heard before. It does not come through the speakers so no worries just wonder if anyone else experienced the same thing.

Tidbits

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bob, I purchased your plug on amazon (thanks for the link). My problem now is the the tower speakers were controlled by the mic. Without the mic I can't turn on the tower speakers. I've spoken with Crutchfield and Car-Toys, they both say I need to replace the amp, receiver and forget the PA system. Lots of money when everything works fine except the handheld mic. Has anyone run into this problem and if so would love to hear how it was solved. Thanks!!

Bob Saget

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good news, with the help of sbarger I've been able to make a working replacement cord prototype. With this development I've made orders for all the parts that are needed to build and produce the replacement cords. The down side is that a few of the parts are coming from china so it'll be two weeks to a month at the soonest. Still this is good news.

Bob Saget

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bob, I purchased your plug on amazon (thanks for the link). My problem now is the the tower speakers were controlled by the mic. Without the mic I can't turn on the tower speakers. I've spoken with Crutchfield and Car-Toys, they both say I need to replace the amp, receiver and forget the PA system. Lots of money when everything works fine except the handheld mic. Has anyone run into this problem and if so would love to hear how it was solved. Thanks!!
Tidbits, a few questions. So when you say that you controlled the speakers with the mic, what aspect are you referring to. The Mic controls the PA system, PA volume, Amp Volume, Auto mode, Off and On. What my plug does is bypasses the mic, and allows the sound signal to go strait back to the amp at full volume. It also turns the sound system on, the way you can tell is when you plug it in, the fan on the amp turns on. If thats not happening I would check the power connections to the amp first. Second, I would look for a kink or fray in the cord that goes to the mic plug. If it's something else then tell me in detailed terms whats going on with your sound system, I would be happy to help.

Brunski37

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’d be very interested in the mic replacement cord! I also clicked the link to the bypass plug and it shows out of stock. Will you be making more?

Bob Saget

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll order some more parts and get them back in stock.

Brunski37

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll order some more parts and get them back in stock.
Thanks for the reply! I actually had the boat out yesterday and realized that when i disconnected the transom remote the Infinity system started working again. Now I’ll just wait on the cords you’re making since my cord is ruined like the rest.

joelubie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My infinity speaker system is also not working and the cord to the mic is disintegrating. Interested in any and all solutions you come up with. Thanks for your help on this.

Bob Saget

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My infinity speaker system is also not working and the cord to the mic is disintegrating. Interested in any and all solutions you come up with. Thanks for your help on this.
The Bypass plug is a quick fix that is back in stock. The replacement cords are on their way and should be available soon.

joelubie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Bypass plug is a quick fix that is back in stock. The replacement cords are on their way and should be available soon.
Thanks for this. I’ll be looking for the replacement cords for my first attempt.

Bob Saget

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, I've got the replacement mic cords in and made an ad for them on Amazon. Unfortunately, making small orders of custom made cords aren't very cheap. I bought just 7 on my first batch and now have bought 5 more as I see more people want the bypass plug. So depending on how fast these go I'll make another order. Sorry again for the price, after the custom job in small quantities and amazon takes it's share it starts to add up, but hopefully these can start getting people back up and running with their sound systems. I'm going to start a new thread with the same amazon link so it's easier for new comers to find it but feel free to keep posting to this one as well for any questions. Last thing, this is an easy to install yourself cord so I assume that most people will opt for that. I will be making a video on how to replace it so you all can see how easy it is. If some of you would rather send me your mic and I do the switch for you then that's ok, but my time is expensive so message me and we can go over it. Otherwise I hope this helps and message me with any questions. Here's the link.

joelubie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, I've got the replacement mic cords in and made an ad for them on Amazon. Unfortunately, making small orders of custom made cords aren't very cheap. I bought just 7 on my first batch and now have bought 5 more as I see more people want the bypass plug. So depending on how fast these go I'll make another order. Sorry again for the price, after the custom job in small quantities and amazon takes it's share it starts to add up, but hopefully these can start getting people back up and running with their sound systems. I'm going to start a new thread with the same amazon link so it's easier for new comers to find it but feel free to keep posting to this one as well for any questions. Last thing, this is an easy to install yourself cord so I assume that most people will opt for that. I will be making a video on how to replace it so you all can see how easy it is. If some of you would rather send me your mic and I do the switch for you then that's ok, but my time is expensive so message me and we can go over it. Otherwise I hope this helps and message me with any questions. Here's the link.

Ordered- thanks for this

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love it when somebody in the know helps me solve an issue so easily like this.
im assuming that it will be self explanatory on how to attach the cord to the mic once the mic is opened up?

Bob Saget

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love it when somebody in the know helps me solve an issue so easily like this.
im assuming that it will be self explanatory on how to attach the cord to the mic once the mic is opened up?
No problem itsdmg,
And yep, it should be pretty easy, and if its not then here is the link to the instructional video that I made.
Its really a matter of opening up the case, unplugging the old plug, putting in the new plug, make sure the cord is secured in the case, close the case, and put the screws back in. Then it's ready for the boat!

joelubie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bob - once again thanks so much for doing this. I ordered but just tried to cancel the order. My boat burned up today when our rack storage building caught fire. Bad day!

3D01AD0B-252E-4127-A956-9A590A0C90CD.jpeg

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh
Bob - once again thanks so much for doing this. I ordered but just tried to cancel the order. My boat burned up today when our rack storage building caught fire. Bad day!

View attachment 134921
Oh man. So sorry to hear that. Hopefully everybody is ok.

joelubie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh

Oh man. So sorry to hear that. Hopefully everybody is ok.
Yes - story so far is mechanic was working on a boats fuel system and it caught fire and exploded. He has burns on arms but not life threatening. Over 140 boats burned.

Bob Saget

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 134921
Geez Joe, you didn't have to go and burn down a whole boat storage just to get out of buying my cord. I would have canceled the order. But seriously, sorry for your loss. I'm glad everyone is mostly okay.

joelubie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Geez Joe, you didn't have to go and burn down a whole boat storage just to get out of buying my cord. I would have canceled the order. But seriously, sorry for your loss. I'm glad everyone is mostly okay.
Funny - I was super excited to get that cord too. Had the boat for all of 6 weeks and couldn’t wait to get those speakers working properly.

Tidbits

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Tidbits, a few questions. So when you say that you controlled the speakers with the mic, what aspect are you referring to. The Mic controls the PA system, PA volume, Amp Volume, Auto mode, Off and On. What my plug does is bypasses the mic, and allows the sound signal to go strait back to the amp at full volume. It also turns the sound system on, the way you can tell is when you plug it in, the fan on the amp turns on. If thats not happening I would check the power connections to the amp first. Second, I would look for a kink or fray in the cord that goes to the mic plug. If it's something else then tell me in detailed terms whats going on with your sound system, I would be happy to help.
Bob, thanks for your help. I took my boat to CAR TOYS, the amp, swim deck remote & majority of speakers need to be replaced so I'm going to replace/upgrade the whole system. Can hardly wait to hear how it sounds...