• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is Multiple starts normal? 255

Bimmerbri

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hello All..

First boat, specially 22 255xd just hit 10 hours and from day one every time I go to start the engines it takes several push button ‘starts’ before the engines will stay running. Like 4-6 cranks sometimes. Once it’s warmed up it’s fine. Is that normal for a boat that’s sits in a climate controlled shop? Batteries are on chargers and always show good volts.

Thanks

Attachments

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Does not sound right. I have a 252 with key start but never had to hold the key in the start position for more than about 1 second before the engines start.

Bimmerbri

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Does not sound right. I have a 252 with key start but never had to hold the key in the start position for more than about 1 second before the engines start.
Thanks

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hello All..

First boat, specially 22 255xd just hit 10 hours and from day one every time I go to start the engines it takes several push button ‘starts’ before the engines will stay running. Like 4-6 cranks sometimes. Once it’s warmed up it’s fine. Is that normal for a boat that’s sits in a climate controlled shop? Batteries are on chargers and always show good volts.

Thanks
Mine does exactly the same thing especially in cold weather. Not worrying about it, it’s consistent with both engines so I figure it’s mainly due to the tight engines with less than 25 hours on them…

Bimmerbri

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I had the dealer fix a seat issue and they also said the long or hard starts was a known issue with no solution from engineering yet. Something with the back flow of gas when when the boat is at an angle.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m not familiar with the push button start system on the Yamahas, when the start button is pushed does that initiate a computer controlled start sequence where the starter motor operates for a certain amount of time, or does the starter motor only operate while the start button is pushed?

I want to understand what you mean by 4-6 cranks, can you please explain?

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine has keys but I usually have to crank for a while or start at least one of my engines twice after it’s sat for a while. Never 4 times.