• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's a great day.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Beautiful boat...my wait is about another six weeks.

On that center cushion, the only time we used it on the 232 was when we were on an evening cruise to watch the fireworks on the lake, or while having a lunch on board. Otherwise the cushion was in the helm compartment and that area was used as a step. I'm thinking that I'd like to get the matching seadeck for this step space, but will not put it on the engine cover. What I found is that most people step over the engine cover and if there's a pad to step there...they will step.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Beautiful boat...my wait is about another six weeks.

On that center cushion, the only time we used it on the 232 was when we were on an evening cruise to watch the fireworks on the lake, or while having a lunch on board. Otherwise the cushion was in the helm compartment and that area was used as a step. I'm thinking that I'd like to get the matching seadeck for this step space, but will not put it on the engine cover. What I found is that most people step over the engine cover and if there's a pad to step there...they will step.
Are you getting a 242X also? So excited for you and can't wait to see it!! You just echoed my thoughts on the SeaDek on the engine compartment hump. I'm struggling because I don't want to encourage people to step there and it might be saying "step on me."

We went out last night and tempted fate again and left the cushion in and snapped. It was just the two of us for the sunset. Can't resist posting a pic right. Now. ;) (The cushion was removed because I/we were hanging out on the swim platform for the first time.)

Almost went for a dip at 71 water temp. J/K!

Thanks for your .02!

IMG_0775.JPG

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep. I'll pick mine up about the first of June. So excited to be upgrading from the 232-242...it'll be a whole new world.

My thoughts exactly on the step....if I put a pad there, people will think it's OK to step there. In my 5 seasons with the old boat, the only thing that stepped there was the 10 pound dog...there were however, several skinny-butted people who would sit there occasionally.

For fenders -- and I'll have to play with this once I get the 242 -- on the 232, I had six on board and used 4"Fender Tender" clips. these are basically made to clip over a hand rail or window frame. Of the 6, 4 were white and two were blue. I set the blue ones up to hang off the window (about where the seam is) mid-ship. Two white ones were without a tender and were used while docking, and two white ones with fender tenders were used at the stern. I found this color differentiation helped the crew know where the correct fenders are to go...and it's an easy visual for me to verify as they are setting it up.

The other trick I did was I have different lines in different colors. I have 15' braided lines for the stern cleats, and 25' blue-braided lines for the bow cleats. On the blue ones, I trimmed them down by 1-2' so if they happened to dangle overboard from the bot cleat, I KNOW it can't get sucked into an engine. Now I only have to really worry about those stern lines getting sucked in...as least I managed to cut my worry point down by 50%.

anyway, just some things I found to make docking a little easier...

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Matt Phillips Awesome!! Tell me which color unless you're keeping that a surprise. And excellent advice re: fenders - we are looking to re-do our fender setup and routine and I'm sad that it can't start tonight when we tie off at our closest Mexican restaurant - the rain is going to dash those plans (and probably all boating until, like, Wednesday).

euro_e30

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat LooHoo! where are you on SML? I will be heading up there to stay at a family friends 4th of july weekend! would love to possibly meet up and check out the new boat!