• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JBP Lateral Thruster MOD - Feedback PLZ

DO you have the JBP lateral thruster Installed

• YES - I love it!

• YES - Not worth the money

Results are only viewable after voting.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
To @biffdotorg's point,

I would say - it depends on the particulars.
Let me give quick two examples to illustrate:
  1. Pulling off a dock lift, I often sit a bit high on the bunks with the floaters fully submerged as they sit on top of muck/silt - it's like there is no hard bottom; the less RPM I use (when pulling off) the less I disturb the muck under; in other words - the more directed the reverse thrust the better
  2. Launching from shallow ramps, available strait reverse thrust can make a difference between being able to launch or not

I value @Seadeals review and the actual "metrics" he provided - for the first time here.

Without thios kind of empirical testing it is impossible to know, or theoretically predict, what these mods do.
That's because we are dealing with TURBULENCE (opposite of laminar flow), one of the last unsolved problems in classical physics.

--
I’m in total agreement, even though you may not have thought I was agreeing with you. Yes, you need to have low RPM reverse in many situations and the LT’s do cut down on straight line reverse. We have noticed this in our low water situation on our lift. I have to power off the lift and yes, the extra RPM needed is tearing up the bottom around my lift.

What I was getting at is the lack of reverse at full lock. I love the ability to move the stern side to side with minimal reverse. I can line up the boat for launch of a boarder and not risk sucking up the rope. This lock to lock reverse is not usually used during an off load on a lift or trailer.

That being said, I have used the LT’s to shimmy the hull free off our lift, and it would be nice to have more reverse thrust along with the LT side to side movement. Of course that would not be needed if we had full reverse thrust.

So Yes, I agree with what you are saying. And as soon as our lake comes up 3”, it will be a non-issue once again, as our boat floats right off the lift and trailer with very minimal thrust.