• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JBP Lateral Thruster MOD - Feedback PLZ

DO you have the JBP lateral thruster Installed

• YES - I love it!

• YES - Not worth the money

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is the only pic I have of that area at the moment. Hard to see the thrusters, but they're in there.
20180414_105632.jpg

ceehike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m a fan of my LTs on my AR195. In my situation, reverse maneuverability was more important than maximum reverse thrust. In actuality, I’ve not noticed much, if any loss in reverse thrust. I’m sure there’s some, just noticeable for me.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Coming from a prop boat, the lateral thrusters made a huge difference in reverse steering control. I'm happy with my purchase. Installation was pretty quick, despite having an issue. JBP videos were easy to follow and addressed the problem I ran into. I also installed the thrust vectors at the same time.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m a fan of my LTs on my AR195. In my situation, reverse maneuverability was more important than maximum reverse thrust. In actuality, I’ve not noticed much, if any loss in reverse thrust. I’m sure there’s some, just noticeable for me.
As mentioned in another thread, the only reason we saw a slightly bit less reverse thrust was that we just moved our lift out to gain a couple inches of depth. We had to power off the lift prior, and were just able to pull off easily. Then I installed the thrusters, and had to use more power again.

Honestly, it was so small, and other variables could have caused it (fat kids in the boat) But 98% of users will probably not notice it. Once off the lift, the reverse thrust feels as normal as any other day prior to the install. (that should tell you how critical our low water condition is)

Great product, don't wait for a group buy to save a few dollars, do it now and save your marriage. PS: price out the cost of 2-3 deep gel cote repairs!

Larkintx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I finally got my Lateral thruster from JP. All I can say is WOW what an amazing product. Don’t walk but run to JP and get yourself some.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Amen! Yesterday, when picking up boarders and surfers, I could easily pass my rider, and back up to them with ease. Amazing to have so much control for the rear end of the boat. Way better than stock.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm super excited to hear this level of support for the product! This means a bright future for JBP and for additional products that we have in the pipeline!!

Stay tuned, even more great stuff coming in the next two years!!!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These are some seriously good reviews!
I like the way that @Scottie and @ttzz run, too (linked earlier in the thread).

--

Larkintx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
JBP you gotta give us a hint

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Too many things to list right now, but all very very necessary!

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last weekend my oldest daughter made the comment "every upgrade you've done has really improved the boat"
The lateral thrusters were added before the start of this boating season. We've had numerous docking experiences now, and the LT's really make docking in wind easier.
On one episode, my wife missed the cleat with the stern line and panicked as it was pretty windy. I told her to chill and used the LT's to push the stern easily against the dock. No stress! My wife is now a huge believer also.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome write up @PeterB

I'm pumped to hear that they're making a difference!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Amen! Yesterday, when picking up boarders and surfers, I could easily pass my rider, and back up to them with ease. Amazing to have so much control for the rear end of the boat. Way better than stock.
I think I have to post some drone footage of what I am explaining here. Yesterday, we took a hooky day for Wake Wednesday. We surfed for hours.

Anyone who has surfed with new riders, knows that having the surfer on the right side of the wave to start is very important. An experienced surfer can launch from any location. So having the ability to move the stern of the boat with minimal forward or reverse is HUGE!! I can literally just move the stern to port or starboard with the rope slack or tight. At that time the surfer is lined up for the perfect launch every time.

It's safe for the rider, and I can manage the rope and not have to worry about sucking it up. Just line the rider up with the Lateral Thrusters, put it back in forward and let 'er buck. Amazing difference from circling to get the right launch angle or fighting reverse and possibly sucking up the rope to get the right angle.

Thanks!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
And the reviews keep getting better and better! You guys do so many different things than I could have during testing and planning! So glad to hear all the ways this product is helping people to enjoy their boats more! That is our mission statement and I'm proud to know that we're accomplishing the mission!

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I think I have to post some drone footage of what I am explaining here. Yesterday, we took a hooky day for Wake Wednesday. We surfed for hours.

Anyone who has surfed with new riders, knows that having the surfer on the right side of the wave to start is very important. An experienced surfer can launch from any location. So having the ability to move the stern of the boat with minimal forward or reverse is HUGE!! I can literally just move the stern to port or starboard with the rope slack or tight. At that time the surfer is lined up for the perfect launch every time.

It's safe for the rider, and I can manage the rope and not have to worry about sucking it up. Just line the rider up with the Lateral Thrusters, put it back in forward and let 'er buck. Amazing difference from circling to get the right launch angle or fighting reverse and possibly sucking up the rope to get the right angle.

Thanks!
100% agree, I love this aspect of the thrusters to keep new riders in the line you need them with the boat by pushing the stern back and forth without forward or backward movement. Both surfers to the side and new skiers and wakeboarders behind. You can keep the rope tight and them in position without dragging them at all. I find sometimes a little dragging helps but sometimes not, depends on the rider so nice to have the option. Not needed with experienced riders but really nice with newbies.
As I’ve always said, it’s really about having two more thrust vectors at you disposal to use in conjunction with the other vectors that stock gives you as you see fit.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice, keep these comments coming! I'm learning too!!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@ttzz yes I like the fact that you are proving the cobra steering system is totally compatible with the lateral thrusters like others before you who dare to swim against the current lol!

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@ttzz yes I like the fact that you are proving the cobra steering system is totally compatible with the lateral thrusters like others before you who dare to swim against the current lol!
I swear by this combo of AK Fins / Single Original fangs / JBP Lateral Thrusters. I love it more every time I'm out. Many Kudos to you for supporting user choices through compatibility. I'd NEVER give up my JBP Lateral Thrusters, but personally I also need my fins "always down".