• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Boating at night would be fun. underwater lights, snorkeling...might see something interesting :)

Boating at night would be fun. underwater lights, snorkeling...might see something interesting :)

I have boated between North and South Bimini at night. Without the plotter on I found the buoys to be confusing as it was difficult to determine which were the closest. After exiting that channel two boats behind me had the same issue. They did not have plotters so I went back and led them out.

I also have been out in rough water in the ocean at night. That was no fun as it is difficult to handle waves that you can not see.

We are planning to arrive on Bahama's Independece Day. There will likely be fireworks at midnight. I expect that some of us will take our boats to North Bimini to see the fireworks while others will likely go by the water taxi to enjoy the parade and music that accompany them. Bimini Sands has a large pontoon shuttle that we may be able to use as transport.

anyone dive here? bringing your equipment? I'm thinking about it... need to hydro test my tank but maybe do shallower reef dives

Bimini is famous for diving. Most reefs are in 20' or less of water so snorkeling is sufficient. I plan to take a group to the 50' deep reefs around Cat Cay which are great to look at snorkeling but I am sure are even better with dive gear.

http://www.biminiscubacenter.com/, has info on dive options and renting gear.

More info can be found in the Preparing for Bimini Thread

Bimini Twist and Mackeys (pizza) have closed. The entire South Bimini Beach Club facility is for sale. There are offers that include reopening by May. Hopefully that will happen and the pizza will return before we do.

That makes me sad The owners of Mackeys were so nice too!!

Another thought is to bring a crock pot and stuff that can cook all day while your out on the water
After a long day out we were always starved when we got back and wanted something before we even got a shower

I had marine leds across the bow and sides of my ski, lost a good amount on the way over but there were still enough to light my way to roll out of the marina before sunrise I will have to post the video

@Valerie, The South Bimini Beach Club was a multi story hotel complex including the resteraunt and bar. I understand it was a hangout for drug runners and pirates while more civilized folk chose North Bimini. The hotel was destroyed in a hurricane and Rupert Roberts who owns Bimini Sands purchased the property. In 2014 the property was well maintained including the pool as slips which were in use. In 2015 the marina was closed and the pool was disgusting. I understand that the closure was due to air conditioning costs. I hope that they will reopen with the same staff but if Bimini Sands can not make it profitable I am not sure how anyone else would.

Great idea on the crock pot.

I can't post any of my photos or videos I think because they are stored in google photos :-(

I can't post any of my photos or videos I think because they are stored in google photos :-(

Save (download) them to your device first.

@Valerie, The South Bimini Beach Club was a multi story hotel complex including the resteraunt and bar. I understand it was a hangout for drug runners and pirates while more civilized folk chose North Bimini. The hotel was destroyed in a hurricane and Rupert Roberts who owns Bimini Sands purchased the property. In 2014 the property was well maintained including the pool as slips which were in use. In 2015 the marina was closed and the pool was disgusting. I understand that the closure was due to air conditioning costs. I hope that they will reopen with the same staff but if Bimini Sands can not make it profitable I am not sure how anyone else would.

Great idea on the crock pot.

It's too bad it's closed down. We went there for dinner on the 2013 trip and spend a couple nights at the bar too (the Square Grouper). It was a pretty neat place.

Do the videos have YouTube links? You can embed YouTube content in posts using the "Media" icon. You may be able to embed images using the "Image" icon. But I am unfamiliar with Google photos.

Here is an example of an embedded YouTube video

Just got an email from Marci that they do not have PayPal account, and need CC for reservation.

Just got an email from Marci that they do not have PayPal account, and need CC for reservation.

On the positive side that shows they are working on our reservations this morning. Do you have the PayPal linked debit card? If not you could send them a check.

Augusto David Rodriguez has registered to captain "Per -Diem" with a crew of 2 adults and 2 children. They hail from the home port of St Agustine, FLorida.

The crew is described as: Wanda( wife), Valerie(daughter 16), Christian(son 8) and myself

You can register for the event using the form at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2017-registration.6/respond

Looks like unit 7D for us. Close enough to the infinity pool.

Do the videos have YouTube links? You can embed YouTube content in posts using the "Media" icon. You may be able to embed images using the "Image" icon. But I am unfamiliar with Google photos.

Here is an example of an embedded YouTube video

Good idea I forget about Youtube

This was my other ski with red leds

This was one of a big group that had outrageous systems in 2015
Turn down the sound Just realized the music isn't kid friendly

Not something you see everyday

Leaving Bimini

This was an open invitation party at the Hilton 2015 They definitely know how to put on the festivities

I have added unit numbers for everyone who has reported them to the first post of this thread. Please report them as you receive your confirmation emails. Thanks

Back