• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Go to page 1, and grab something to drink...

thats what was done previous year(s) but wasn't sure if there was any planned trips in smaller groups

thats what was done previous year(s) but wasn't sure if there was any planned trips in smaller groups
Other than the group Beach Bash, the thing to do is each morning listen to the VHF to hear what others are doing and then tag along with what sounds best to you. Also, the nightly hangout in the infinity pool is a good way to make plans for the next day.

We have always planned the crossings and one pot luck event then let small groups form organically on the other days. We will have radio calls every morning to discuss where people are going so others can join in. Additionally many of us will be at the pool in the evening where we can swap stories about the days adventure and plans for the next.

Other than the group Beach Bash, the thing to do is each morning listen to the VHF to hear what others are doing and then tag along with what sounds best to you. Also, the nightly hangout in the infinity pool is a good way to make plans for the next day.
ahh gotcha.

anyone here crazy enough to boat to Nassau or Exuma?

not that I would... or anything... maybe ?

ahh gotcha.

Not while we are in Bimini. That would require a longer trip and significantly limit participation. @Andy S led an experienced group to the Exhumas last year. In 2014 a single inexperienced Yamaha tried for Nassau and had to turn back.

ahh gotcha.

Im crazy enough, my wife really wants to see the swimming pigs don't think Id try that trip alone though it looks far. but definitely Nassau on the agenda

Im crazy enough, my wife really wants to see the swimming pigs don't think Id try that trip alone though it looks far. but definitely Nassau on the agenda

You would need to cross the Tongue of the Ocean on the way to Nassau. The tongue is no joke!

For me Nassau is way to commercialized, the out islands are the place to be. We only stopped in Nassau to pick up friends and refuel.

You can go to No Name Cay and see swimming pigs also a little closer in the Abacos

You can go to No Name Cay and see swimming pigs also a little closer in the Abacos

I AM DOWN! wife wants to see the pigs :)

ahh gotcha.

I will lead by saying I do not recommend anyone doing this while on the Bimini trip. I was on the trip with @Andy S @1948Isaac @Ramblin Wreck and @JROD last year to Exuma and if you planed it as a day trip or even two you will just be disappointed there is too much to do there and you won't get anything accomplished. Also I'm going to be the biggest party pooper every the pigs are a big let down you are excited to get there and see them but once there you realize crap they are just pigs. The iguanas were a more unique experience on one of the prettiest beaches you have ever been on. Nassau is a possible two day trip but if you get to Chub and there is no fuel your time is messed up once again don't recommend this as a day trip while in Bimini. Stay enjoy Bimini and have a good time and if you really want to do Exuma plan a trip focused on Exuma. We spent 4 nights there and that was no where near enough.

Last edited:
I will lead by saying I do not recommend anyone doing this while on the Bimini trip. I was on the trip with @Andy S @1948Isaac @Ramblin Wreck and @JROD last year to Exuma and if you planed it as a day trip or even two you will just be disappointed there is too much to do there and you won't get anything accomplished. Also I'm going to be the biggest party pooper every the pigs are a big let down you are excited to get there and see them but once there you realize crap they are just pigs. The iguanas were a more unique experience on one of the prettiest beaches you have ever been on. Nassau is a possible two day trip but if you get to Chub and there is no fuel your time is messed up once again don't recommend this as a day trip while in Bimini. Stay enjoy Bimini and have a good time and if you really want to do Exuma plan a trip focused on Exuma. We spent 4 nights there and that was no where near enough. I plan to go again but it will be 2019 for me as I have plans this year already and I plan to enjoy Bimini again next year but in 2019 I plan to spend the whole week there.

I agree I have not to Nassau but I would only fly there as an end destination. We spent three days while in the Navy at port there and I would only want to stay on a resort or away from the main town as it isn't the best place to be out and by yourself in.

@robert843 let me know about 2019. I was planning next year but I do no think I can do Exumas with a career change and all. So we may push a year.

and a call come on the radio that someone's oven was not working. Yes, I dreamed that we were crossing and someone on VHF was complaining that his boat oven was not working. I think I have very clear idea of whom I was thinking of.
Must have been @latitudeadjuster, he does that a lot.

--

I send my form within 15 of Bruce's post on Friday and called to confirm. They also charge my card too, but still no confirmation yet. I would not lose sleep over it.

As matter of fact, last night I slept so well that I was dreaming of us crossing and a call come on the radio that someone's oven was not working. Yes, I dreamed that we were crossing and someone on VHF was complaining that his boat oven was not working. I think I have very clear idea of whom I was thinking of.

How did you hear about Rana's cookies she bakes on the crossing in the oven next to @Bruce fridge on his boat that they hand out at the half way point that is supposed to be a surprise.

I had no idea, but this is very good info to know. Now I feel confident about installing an espresso machine on the Yonder.
Tea party on the Gulf Stream anyone ?

@Betik, @Rana does have a portable expresso kit that she takes to Bimini.

Bimini would be a perfect setting for using a solar oven. Baking cookies on the crossing might be a little much though. Bahia Mar is a DoubleTree so they hand out fresh cookies on arrival. That is the easiest way to get cookies for the crossing.

I see, you dont want to share you cookies with me. :sorry:

Back