• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

I agree I have not to Nassau but I would only fly there as an end destination. We spent three days while in the Navy at port there and I would only want to stay on a resort or away from the main town as it isn't the best place to be out and by yourself in.

@robert843 let me know about 2019. I was planning next year but I do no think I can do Exumas with a career change and all. So we may push a year.

I hope to get enough exprience to do Exumas in 2019. Right now focusing on Bimini. Waiting on the reservation confirmation so that I can plan my trip accordingly.

My wife wants to desperately see the underwater piano, but we both agree that accomplishing Bimini in 2016 will not not be a small fit. Especially given our unexisting level of experience.

In 2018/2019 I will be delusional enough to think that my middle name is Cousteau, so I will most likely attempt Exuma. Or a 10 Bimini at the very least.

My perspective on the Exhumas is that yes they are awesome but the distance, cost and lodging availability are huge negatives. It can be done in our size boats by small experienced groups where everyone pulls their weight. Crossing the Gulf Stream to Bimini is dangerous on its own. Boats have been lost and people have died crossing to Bimini. Boating to Nassau or the Exhumas adds hundreds of miles and the potentially more dangerous Tongue of the Ocean to the trip. For our five day Bimini trip we know the forecast for our departure and return. For a longer Exhumas trip there is a much greater chance that the weather will change while you are on the trip. Some have had to leave their boats or skis in the Bahamas with plans to retrieve them in the future. Damaged vessels have been abandoned or sold. So if you do decide to go someday please be very careful about your preparedness as well as everyone traveling with you.

Do you guys know that Isaac shook the starters loose from his engines on the Exhumas trip last year? Andy had a number of issues with his new boat after returning from the trip. The guy who tried for a single Yamaha trip to Nassau retreated back into Chub Cay with quite a bit of water in his boat where he and the two young men with him boarded a plane for the rest of the trip.

Isaac did not highlight that in the video. LOL

Finally got my confirmation Room 3A :winkingthumbsup". Now I can plan accordingly. :Welcome:

Where do I update my room details in this Forum ?

Isaac did not highlight that in the video. LOL

Yes we were snorkeling one of the plane wrecks in Bimini and as we were preparing to leave one of his engines would not turn over. We went through all the basics that would cause this issue I then suggested we go old school and lightly tap on the starter motor when we went to do this we noticed the bolt holding it to the engine had come loose and it was dislodged from then engine. It was a simple fix but a sign of things can go wrong.

@Andy S boat had run a ground on one of the many sandbars in Exuma and months later back on his home lake his boat started having problems. When he took it to his dealer they found white fine sand in his fuel pump somehow of course the dealer in Columbia South Carolina was a little baffled by this but we knew where it came from. The sandbars down there are very tricky the water is so clear that you really can't tell depth.

How on earth do you get sand in your fuel pump from running aground?

Sorry I had to go back and look it was caked in the fuel pump cooling lines so the fuel pump was not getting sufficient cooling thus frying the fuel pump.

We got the confirmation Bimini Sands. 7F.

We got our confirmation - 15L! Is it July yet?

Finally got my confirmation Room 3A :winkingthumbsup". Now I can plan accordingly. :Welcome:

Hello neighbor. I am curious, what size is 3A?

I added your condo number the to first post.

Got our confirmation @blacksapphirez ... we're in 16J. One bedroom w/ loft, marina view.

@Bruce I'm in 16J also with Bill D

@upperdeck unquestionably won the food contest in 2015 when he brought a chef and served grilled seafood appetizers from the back of his boat.

I would not be surprised if @swatski is harvesting conch and serving fresh conch salad this year.

It helps when the chef is your brother in law!

I hear 7 is the building for the cool kids. LOL

Good Evening! I sent our reservation form in Friday, after I spoke with them on the phone. I was tentatively penciled in for unit 12a while they were awaiting our form submission. The form was sent in within minutes, on Friday, and today I have a $800.00 charge for my room. I have not yet received an email confirmation. Has this happened to anyone else, as of late? Thanks

I understand that your overcharge was voided and confirmation letters have been sent out for all reservation's that were submitted before today.

I keep losing the map of the property... can we get it on the first page :)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Back