• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

I keep losing the map of the property... can we get it on the first page :)

It is an attachment to the first post now.

Beth says we have 19 units reserved so far.

I hear 7 is the building for the cool kids. LOL

Building 7 is great its close to the pool and doesn't have any of the sun issues making it easy for the unit to stay cool. Only down fall to building 7 is the docking situation sucks compared to other building as its one long dock over there. Not bad enough to change as the building location makes up for it but if they put a couple 40+ foot fishing boats over there with you guys and they decide to spread out it makes docking interesting later in the day. Also that dock has fish cleaning stations on both ends try your hardest to not let them put you at either end of that dock or you could come out in the morning to the unpleasantness of fish guts on your hull or in your boat from someone trying to carve up fish and doing a poor job no need to ask me how I know :mad:

Anybody have info on building 17 Just got my confirmation

Anybody have info on building 17 Just got my confirmation

Marina view, good slips, close to the ship store and cafe. All units are supposed to have DSL and WiFi this year. In the past 17 has been close to the communal WiFi making it useable.

@Bruce Do we need to do anything for the slips at the Sands, or will those come later?

Hello neighbor. I am curious, what size is 3A?

I added your condo number the to first post.
It is a 2 bedroom 2 bath with ocean view. At least that's what the reservation agent in Bimini said

It's my family of 4 and a couple. I figured if my friends can't make it, the kids can use the 2nd bedroom.

JROD has registered to captain Jet Ski Dream Rider with a crew of 1 adults and 0 children. They hail from the home port of Oak Island, NC.

The crew is described as: Juan and Trudy, but I am riding alone and she will meet me there.

You can register for the event using the form at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2017-registration.6/respond

JROD has registered to captain Jet Ski Dream Rider with a crew of 1 adults and 0 children. They hail from the home port of Oak Island, NC.

The crew is described as: Juan and Trudy, but I am riding alone and she will meet me there.

You can register for the event using the form at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2017-registration.6/respond

I always wondered how it feels like to jet ski long distances. I used to have a motorbike cruiser that I drove for long distances (early sunrise to late sunset) and it used to be an amazing feeling. I was completely at peace with myself during those rides.

Now that I have gotten old with kids and responsibility, wife gave me a choice between a boat or a motorbike and here I am

@Bruce Do we need to do anything for the slips at the Sands, or will those come later?

My understanding from Bimini Sands is that we will be assigned slips close to the time of departure. In the past they were assigned by the dock master after we arrived in Bimini.

Robert is correct about the lack of slips in the corner by the infinity pool. There are no slips in front of buildings 4 to 8, 13 and 14. There are boardwalks in this area where slips were planned but have not been constructed. We will have to parallel park in this area. I suspect it may get busy enough that ropes may sometimes be involved in docking. I will post of videos about docking techniques later. You can see the area in the picture below. The four boats shown in front of building 7 are 40+ feet in length.

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 2.40.39 PM.png

Now that I have gotten old with kids and responsibility, wife gave me a choice between a boat or a motorbike and here I am

I think I need to get my wife flowers or something. I got a boat, a truck and a motorcycle. :D

I am speculating that crossing on jetskis is more like going from Paris to Dakar than cruising on highway 66.

I can't stop looking at the pictures from Bimini Sands website!

31150d_ffce5727d4ae46d6b72ec19dba715fe2~mv2_d_3981_2990_s_4_2.webp

31150d_cc5414e1264346bab28bdf974d83c0d2~mv2_d_3936_2950_s_4_2.webp

31150d_ffce5727d4ae46d6b72ec19dba715fe2~mv2_d_3981_2990_s_4_2.webp

31150d_e2da764bc78f4f80bd2cb5932c502256~mv2_d_3965_2977_s_4_2.webp

Building 7 is great its close to the pool and doesn't have any of the sun issues making it easy for the unit to stay cool. Only down fall to building 7 is the docking situation sucks compared to other building as its one long dock over there. Not bad enough to change as the building location makes up for it but if they put a couple 40+ foot fishing boats over there with you guys and they decide to spread out it makes docking interesting later in the day. Also that dock has fish cleaning stations on both ends try your hardest to not let them put you at either end of that dock or you could come out in the morning to the unpleasantness of fish guts on your hull or in your boat from someone trying to carve up fish and doing a poor job no need to ask me how I know :mad:
Close to the pool was my request for the kids mainly. They can swim after swimming all day. Momma can chill in the pool. I can get the good ideas for the next days trip. Being by the fish table isn't all bad if my kids see a shark!
And if i have to walk past a yacht i will just admire it and take my long walk on the dock because lets remember... it's Bahamas baby!

Doyle
80 4 seater
50 deposit
m-f
This is who we rented 2 gold carts from last year I think we were able to get the price down to $60 a night, we rented 2 but only for 3 days
Does anyone know someone else who does rentals at a better price?

Doyle
80 4 seater
50 deposit
m-f
This is who we rented 2 gold carts from last year I think we were able to get the price down to $60 a night, we rented 2 but only for 3 days
Does anyone know someone else who does rentals at a better price?

Was Doyle on South Bimini just a little north of Bimini Sands? If so I believe he is the only option on South Bimini.

@Kevin Sargent, I believe this is the guy I was looking for contact info for.

he wasn't far from the sands he works out of a little grocery store. He also took people too and from the airport (incase anyone has someone flying in)

@Valerie what will you use the golf cart for?

he wasn't far from the sands he works out of a little grocery store. He also took people too and from the airport (incase anyone has someone flying in)

That is him. Previously he worked as a dock master at Bimini Sands. One of his relatives works at the Bahamas Tourism office in Fort Lauderdale.

Well, we took it to the ferry the one night and to the pizza place and to the restaurant that had the bar that has the big metal fish statue out back (I cant remember the names) and to the grocery stores
We had a group of tired jet skiers that didn't wat to walk and two buff guys who needed eggs every day
;)

Back