• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

We spent 2014 and half of 2015 in 21M. 21 is one of the newer condos. You will likely be assigned a slip on the NW corner of the marina which is fairly close to building 21. There is a very nice beach in front of building 21. Every unit I have been in in that building was nice. The only ocean front 1 bed with lofts that are available are in 21. The only negative is the distance from the infinity pool. Another positive is that the loft access in 21 is via stairs instead of a ladder.
Thank you!

I always wondered how it feels like to jet ski long distances. I used to have a motorbike cruiser that I drove for long distances (early sunrise to late sunset) and it used to be an amazing feeling. I was completely at peace with myself during those rides.

Now that I have gotten old with kids and responsibility, wife gave me a choice between a boat or a motorbike and here I am
Good choice! Never too old to ride the waves! Did the Bike stuff too, many moons back, but the consequences of accidents and falls, always due to others faults, hit a lot harder on a well experienced body! ;-) So my natural progression was to the water scooter. ;-) Now thousand or so hours and 18k or so miles later it is still one of my passions!

We just got a confirmation from Beth and assigned to building 21. This is our first trip and not sure if this is good. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Ryan
It all depends on your preferences. My crew & I stayed in that building last year & it was great for ocean view. I ended up spending a lot of evening & mornings out watching the waves, boat traffic, sun set. You can see the boats coming into the Sands & into the channel between the North & South island.

The only negative was the walk to the infinity pool. The walk would have been a lot easier had I have had a cooler with wheels on it. Our room didn't have Internet, but it's a shorter walk to the office to use their WiFi connection.

Hope this helps & sure you'll all have a blast.

Did I miss a section on insurance coverage for the boat if anything happens outo there? Im with progressive

There are a lot of posts regarding insurance and coverage areas. The easiest thing to do is to call your provider and find out if you have coverage for the Bahamas or if you can add a rider. Many members have been able to find coverage, but some have been quoted crazy amounts.

Did I miss a section on insurance coverage for the boat if anything happens outo there? Im with progressive

@Andy S's and @kthrash's experience is that Progressive does not cover Bimini. See this post #36

Allstate and BoatUS do. I have insurance through Allstate which covers up to 100 miles from the US. BoatUS, SeaTow and other companies offer tow policies to tow your boat to the nearest port if disabled.

@SAGERFLY, I pay a little over $300 a year with Allstate and we should be in similar geographic insurance groups.

So, here we go down the rabbit hole... I called Boat US to verify my coverage and was told that I have coverage for the coastal areas, but not for the Bahamas. In fact, they said they don't even offer coverage for the Bahamas for boats less than 26'.

I plan to get a quote from Allstate (my home and auto insurance provider) and State Farm.

@Speedling noticed that the customs forms are no longer available on the Bahamas.com website. I have contacted them to ask about the forms.

I also added a blank copy of the form we have used in previous years to the first post and uploaded it to PDFfiller.com where it can be filled in. If anyone is in a hurry to fill out their forms I would like to know how PDFFiller works out for you. This is the link to the fillable form http://pdf.ac/6pQ8gY .

I also have a completed version of the form attached to the first post as an example.

PS, I understand that Bimimi Customs is requiring that the forms be printed on legal sized (8.5x11) paper this year.

Last edited:
LMAO....I don't have a boat oven!!! FOOL....lol
I know -- your boat is way too f'ing small! LOL.
And if you decide to join us this year, please observe USCG small craft advisory.

--

Thanks for posting the form @Bruce! It makes it very easy to fill out, especially with the redundant data (Name, Registration Number, Address....) It remembers what you have typed in and provides an auto-fill option. There was only a couple things that tripped me up at first.

When you create a text box, all you have to do is click about where you want it and start typing. After you fill the box, you can click and hold on the little arrow right above to drag it into position. Also, after the first text box is placed, there are alignment lines that show up.

A few hints for newbies like me (Thanks Bruce).... Our port of departure is Port Everglades, USA. Our port of arrival is Bimini. Our next port / country is Port Everglades & USA.

Thanks @Bill D I added your information to the first post.

Did I miss a section on insurance coverage for the boat if anything happens outo there? Im with progressive[/QUOTE

I just renewed my Progressive boat insurance which cover up to 75 miles coastal, not offer small boats with 125 miles.

Back