• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

157 days from now at about this time in the morning everyone should be finishing their cup of coffee, shots of Patron, bourbon or what ever it takes to get you going and about to start engines ...... but who counting.
Screenshot_20170202-065232.jpg

I am pretty sure your engines better be going earlier than that time, I would bet most groups might be a good bit off shore by 7! But I'm betting most won't sleep to much the night before either haha.

157 days from now at about this time in the morning everyone should be finishing their cup of coffee, shots of Patron, bourbon or what ever it takes to get you going and about to start engines ...... but who counting.
View attachment 50695
I'm usually down at the Marina at 5:30, engine's cranked over by 5:45 or so. I believe Bruce has a roll call at 6 a.m. at 6:05 we find out who forgot to put their plug in this year!

I'm usually down at the Marina at 5:30, engine's cranked over by 5:45 or so. I believe Bruce has a roll call at 6 a.m. at 6:05 we find out who forgot to put their plug in this year!
Lol thats not a good start

Is the marina parking for $8 including using their ramp? and I suppose we can use their hose to rinse the boat

Jack, where is your registration at? I can't believe you are going to skip the land of rum this year?
unfortunately not available for those dates....unless something changes. :(

I know -- your boat is way too f'ing small! LOL.
And if you decide to join us this year, please observe USCG small craft advisory.

--
The Boat is the only thing of mine that is smaller than yours......just sayin....LMAO

Is the marina parking for $8 including using their ramp? and I suppose we can use their hose to rinse the boat

The parking at Harbor Towne includes use of their four ramps. There is a hose in the SW corner. I believe they may increased the price to $10 per day.

There are signs about shallow water and rocks across from the ramps and some of us have discovered that there really are rocks there so please be careful.

Bathrooms are available in the community center at the North end.

IMG_0461.PNG

Last edited:
The parking at Harbor Towne includes use of their four ramps. There is a hose in the SW corner. I believe they may increased the price to $10 per day.

There are signs about shallow water and rocks across from the ramps and some of us have discovered that there really are rocks there so please be careful.

Bathrooms are available in the community center at the North end.

View attachment 50699

gonna be a long line for that hose! lol

gonna be a long line for that hose! lol

I don't believe that I have seen more than 4 or 5 boats in line for it. I have never used the hose. I go home and spend a day flushing in a very clean lake which helps to clean the salt from the boat as well as the engines.

I don't believe that I have seen more than 4 or 5 boats in line for it. I have never used the hose. I go home and spend a day flushing in a very clean lake which helps to clean the salt from the boat as well as the engines.
I thought about finding a lake in Georgia tostop at and run around for an hour or two on Sunday or something.

It would be about 20min detour but i do have a lake in mind to flush the salt out

I thought about finding a lake in Georgia tostop at and run around for an hour or two on Sunday or something.

My first salt water experiences involved copious amounts of flushing scrubbing and cleaning. Now I spray things that might corrode with protective oil and condition the vinyl before heading to salt water. Enjoy the time we are there without worrying about the salt. Then I trailer the boat 3+ days home. We often get some rain on the trip which helps to wash it. Then put her in a clean lake where I run the engines for hours to flush them out. Then I clean, condition the seats and spray things that might rust again. I have left her in salt water for close to two weeks at a time am without any issues beyond the need for additional cleaning.

We could plan a Silver Glen Springs day after for everyone to stop at on the way home! Nice 3 hour flush and relax in crystal clear spring water!! I know trying to add an extra day will not work for most but it would be awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_1060.JPG
    IMG_1060.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 19
We could plan a Silver Glen Springs day after for everyone to stop at on the way home! Nice 3 hour flush and relax in crystal clear spring water!! I know trying to add an extra day will not work for most but it would be awesome!
@Bill D ?? We coulddd :)

My first salt water experiences involved copious amounts of flushing scrubbing and cleaning. Now I spray things that might corrode with protective oil and condition the vinyl before heading to salt water. Enjoy the time we are there without worrying about the salt. Then I trailer the boat 3+ days home. We often get some rain on the trip which helps to wash it. Then put her in a clean lake where I run the engines for hours to flush them out. Then I clean, condition the seats and spray things that might rust again. I have left her in salt water for close to two weeks at a time am without any issues beyond the need for additional cleaning.
those showers while we slept at night washed the boats off nicely.

Back