• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Well, we took it to the ferry the one night and to the pizza place and to the restaurant that had the bar that has the big metal fish statue out back (I cant remember the names)

Unless the South Bimini Beach Club (pizza place and the restaurant that had the bar that has the big metal fish statue out back) reopens there will be no reason to go there.

We may be able to get Bimini Sands barge to make some trips to North Bimini. The barge is supposed to start making trips to Resorts World several times a day. Otherwise we can hike to the ferry or take our own boats.

@Valerie

I'm not 100% sure what unit I was in last year and I haven't looked back at the old thread, but if so it was completely fine. It was clean, close to the pool, and very close to the docks. I'm getting my years mixed up but I don't remember the kitchen being stocked well if you're going to do come cooking that might be a small disappointment. For me, I enjoyed watching the boats come in and out of the marina so I would have definitely requested the same room again.

As far as food is concerned am I allowed to get eggs , bread and milk (lots of them) as I assume the kids will be ravenously hungry with all the playing and swimming all day. Does Bahamas allow it? Or it's easier to buy them in Bimini ?

As far as food is concerned am I allowed to get eggs , bread and milk (lots of them) as I assume the kids will be ravenously hungry with all the playing and swimming all day. Does Bahamas allow it? Or it's easier to buy them in Bimini ?

There is nothing to buy in Bimini. In 2014 my family was very careful to only bring food that would typically be allowed through customs. Since then we have taken whatever we wanted to eat.

This is covered in the Preparing For Bimini Thread.

@ACrews is the only one I know who has had Bimini Customs check the food on his boat. I believe the only issue there was a $100 per person per week limit that he had surpassed. They looked at his boat and let him pass.

There is nothing to buy in Bimini. In 2014 my family was very careful to only bring food that would typically be allowed through customs. Since then we have taken whatever we wanted to eat.

@ACrews is the only one I know who has had Bimini Customs check the food on his boat. I believe the only issue there was a $100 per person per week limit that he had surpassed. They looked at his boat and let him pass.
It's hilarious that Customs picked @ACrews. He's such a nice guy.

It's hilarious that Customs picked @ACrews. He's such a nice guy.

I hear rumors that he kept talking about how many steaks he had on his boat while in customs.

I hear rumors that he kept talking about how many steaks he had on his boat while in customs.

I bet they heard his south GA accent and thought for sure there would be a boat full of venison or at least a few lbs of deer jerky the could confiscate.

@Speedling,

Maybe we can convoy down to FL together

@Ramblin Wreck great! Thanks for the heads up with the kitchen!

I have been over to north Bimini both time to visit 3 daughters restaurant, super affordable, great people and the food is really good. We walked from the ferry over to big game down there It was interesting, people watching as we went.
https://www.facebook.com/ThreeDaughtersRestaurant/info
we have been to Joes conch shack too, its a huge amount off food, you can get to it by boat, anchor far though because theres a ton of wasted conch shells. Some people may be turned off by the flies that are there,
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/restau...h-shack-sherris-beach-bar-and-stuarts-6603895

Last edited:

It was due to a communication issue between myself & crew chef. We had talked earlier on way to Ft Lauderdale that she had spent $400-$500 at Walmart shopping. I had assumed it was only for groceries.

Fast forward to our customs interview & the officer sees that I'm claiming "brought in" food to cook ourselves for the week. It prompts her to ask what that approximate dollar value of such claimed groceries may be & being that I didn't really know, other than the value listed above, I said the $400-$500 number.

Althoughshe probably could have went ahead & charged me the tax on the overage, she inspected the boat instead & realized there wasn't as much as what I had said. That's when she explained the $100 per person, per week rule.

Come to find out afterwards, when we got everything cleared, I was explaining to my sister in law what happened & her response was, "you didn't ask what I bought, you just asked how much I spent at Walmart." Apparently she had bought some things for their house, & gift cards for daughter's gas while she was gone too. Haha.

@Valerie you mentioned a pizza placed owned by an American couple. Was that The Thirsty Turtle which is a large blue and yellow metal building that is NE of Bimini Sands. I believe it has changed hands again but should be serving food while we are there.

I just got an email from Silver Airways about discounted airfare to Bimini. I haven't followed closely to the rates before, but right now you can fly over from Fort Lauderdale for $88. The flight back looks to be $130. Personally, I think I would take advantage of that price if you have to ferry or fly someone over as I don't see you getting a much better deal. My wife and daughter flew into Bimini from Nassau last year and she said the shuttle from the airport to Bimini Sands was super quick and easy. Flights from Miami are even cheaper but they look like they maybe sold out. You might want to jump on these flights if you have someone not riding over on your boat as the plane will fill up fast and there's not that many seats.

upload_2017-1-31_19-45-22.png

Last edited:
@Valerie you mentioned a pizza placed owned by an American couple. Was that The Thirsty Turtle which is a large blue and yellow metal building that is NE of Bimini Sands. I believe it has changed hands again but should be serving food while we are there.
YES!!!! That place was awesome and the people were so nice!! Even the other patrons were a lot of fun! I hope the new owners do well over there

YES!!!! That place was awesome and the people were so nice!! Even the other patrons were a lot of fun! I hope the new owners do well over there

How large was their eating area? How many of us could squeeze in? I want to try it out this year. I communicated with the owners about some of our group staying there but they only offer long term rentals.

Did you ever ride in the van / taxi that runs around South Bimini? It can be hailed on channel 68 and wants a few dollars per person.

We just got a confirmation from Beth and assigned to building 21. This is our first trip and not sure if this is good. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Ryan

We just got a confirmation from Beth and assigned to building 21. This is our first trip and not sure if this is good. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Ryan

We spent 2014 and half of 2015 in 21M. 21 is one of the newer condos. You will likely be assigned a slip on the NW corner of the marina which is fairly close to building 21. There is a very nice beach in front of building 21. Every unit I have been in in that building was nice. The only ocean front 1 bed with lofts that are available are in 21. The only negative is the distance from the infinity pool. Another positive is that the loft access in 21 is via stairs instead of a ladder.

Back