• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn't realize so many folks from VA make this trip! If i wasn't going to OBX I'd get in. On my 'bucket list' for next year! I'm assuming my SX210 can bounce across with the 23/24'ers.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn't realize so many folks from VA make this trip! If i wasn't going to OBX I'd get in. On my 'bucket list' for next year! I'm assuming my SX210 can bounce across with the 23/24'ers.
You can. We need to look into the fuel efficiency of your engines but your hull can handle the crossing as well as a 212.

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can. We need to look into the fuel efficiency of your engines but your hull can handle the crossing as well as a 212.
Thanks Bruce - that makes me feel better! Though my wife did say "so we'll have the littlest / oldest boat in the crowd?.. maybe we should upgrade". After I just bought her last summer and dropped 4k in stereo, seadeck and other mods.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@vxooxv upgrade before she changes her mind! Never say no to a newer or bigger boat! LOL

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Bruce - that makes me feel better! Though my wife did say "so we'll have the littlest / oldest boat in the crowd?.. maybe we should upgrade". After I just bought her last summer and dropped 4k in stereo, seadeck and other mods.
There is a 2006 going this year and we always have 19 footers so you better get signed up to go this year!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boattest shows that a 2007 SX210 get over 4 MPG around 30 mph assuming the same is true for your boat you may burn the least fuel in the group.

http://www.boattest.com/oem/403/boats/1042/0/on/640x360

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It appears they had a good cruise back as well if I'm seeing it correctly on my phone. What's the little island north of Bimini they went too?

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Outstanding! All I gotta do now is convince the wife to come along... We've only ever had the boat on Lake Lanier.
My first year I took a buddy.

Family schedule was tight that year and figured I'd make a recon trip, before adding the family-

Recon not necessary, but not a bad option either ;-)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It appears they had a good cruise back as well if I'm seeing it correctly on my phone. What's the little island north of Bimini they went too?
Great Isaac's cay I think it's called it has a light house and some old abandon buildings

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Weather dependent, we are going to try to make a trip up the Great Issac's this year.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dude (Greek Dude),

We will be hanging out with the dolphins. It is even on the agenda.

My family spent a day of 2014 searching for the dolphins. After gathering intel at the infinity pool after the group went home we managed to find them in 2015 and they were the main event in 2016.

Was the dolphin recon lead last year ('16), based on @Bruce's intel, and found them w/in minutes. Brought the Yammie group right to them-
Have a google map plot of the area, if necessary. Pls PM me as we have been asked to not make public the 'intel' we have been collecting. (fishing, diving, swimming,..., spots. Some collected from locals who make this info their livelihood.)-

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Absolutely. 19's did just fine last year-

14 hours from Fredericksburg. 7 hour stop point is around Savannah, GA.

Believe there will be 3-5 VA Yammers heading to Bimini this year-

Look forward to you joining-

glen

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Roughly 30 miles one way from the Sands.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was the dolphin recon lead last year ('16), based on @Bruce's intel, and found them w/in minutes. Brought the Yammie group right to them-
Have a google map plot of the area, if necessary. Pls PM me as we have been asked to not make public the 'intel' we have been collecting. (fishing, diving, swimming,..., spots. Some collected from locals who make this info their livelihood.)-

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843 @Bill D do you know the rough distance to Isaacs?
We previously discussed visiting the Great Isaacs Lighthouse. I prefer it as a 54 mile day trip to a 94 mile return crossing. But with the near perfect seas that they had adding it to the return would be easy.

IMG_1587.PNG

IMG_1588.PNG

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 @Bill D do you know the rough distance to Isaacs?
Here is a little back story for you @Ramblin Wreck

Great Isaac Cay is a small Bahamian island located about 20 miles (32 km) NNE of the Bimini Islands. It is accessible only by boat.

Lighthouse[edit]
The most prominent feature of the island is its lighthouse, which was erected in 1859, and stands about 151 feet (46 m) tall. It has been claimed that a full moon causes unusual sounds to be heard on the small island. In the late 19th century local lore tells of a ship wreck on the island with one survivor, an infant. The child’s distraught mother, known as the Grey Lady, is said to haunt the island to this very day, wailing in sorrow during the full moon.

On August 4, 1969, the station was discovered to have been abandoned by its two keepers, who were never found.[3] Many believers in the Bermuda Triangle claim that the keepers were two more victims lost to its mysterious forces.[4] however, the hurricane record from 1969 indicates that Hurricane Anna [1], the first hurricane of 1969, on 1–2 August, passed close enough to Great Isaac Island to cause dangerous weather for the tiny rock island. By the 4th of August, the hurricane was well into the Atlantic Ocean.

The grounds are open to the public, although the lighthouse itself has had stairs removed to block access to the interior of that structure. The keepers’ house, cistern, and assorted buildings are crumbling into ruins. The derelict collection of abandoned buildings make Great Isaac Cay a popular destination for boaters.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@2nazt discovered that the Bimini Sands Marina increased their dockage rates April 1st. This is not publicly documented so he suggested I post the new pricing here for anyone going outside of our group to see. The reservations people quoted our group $50 per boat per night this year. Unfortunately the reservations people work for the POA (Property Owners Association) and the marina is operated by At Your Service Property Management for the developer. Our exact docking rate is to be negotiated right before we go but I have assurances that it will be less than quoted.

BSSlipRates.png

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Weather dependent, we are going to try to make a trip up the Great Issac's this year.
I'm game, if we make it.

--