• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm game, if we make it.

--
Great Isaacs may have particular appeal so some that makes it a worthwhile trip or even just to say you have done it. Personally I would venture to the light house on Gun Cay, the reefs SW of Cat Cay and the sandbar SE of Cat Cay before heading to Great Isaacs which I would save until you get bored of closer and sandier options if that is possible.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I am not getting any emails from this thread even though I m watching it. Anybody else experience the same issue ? I guess I am doing something wrong and need to catch up on a lot of conversation :)

One question.... is it recommended to get inflatable kayaks for the trip ? I am thinking the kids would love exploring the shallow areas. Your thoughts ?

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you miss checking this thread once after and email is sent, you won't get a new email till you check this thread again.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thanks @2nazt I will keep it in mind. Still a lot of preparation required my side. Never operated a radio before so have to do a crash course on it. Also seriously debating to take a week off , go to Florida and get some offshore experience before the trip.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Radio is simple no cursing and just say station your calling first than your name then you message. Ie Amar this 2nazt everything okay back there? I also don't think you need to do a crash course. You will be following someone so just don't run into them and do what they do. After 5-10 minutes you will get a feel of what to do with a wave and how your boat reacts. Usually the lead boat will cut most of the wave down anyways or you will see how they react and follow suit. Just don't stop suddenly and keep on plane to let water exit and not swamp the boat.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am not getting any emails from this thread even though I m watching it. Anybody else experience the same issue ? I guess I am doing something wrong and need to catch up on a lot of conversation :)

One question.... is it recommended to get inflatable kayaks for the trip ? I am thinking the kids would love exploring the shallow areas. Your thoughts ?
At one time you could rent kayaks at the office of Bimini but with the new management I'm not sure.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last year we took @Emma's inflatable kayak and never inflated it.

@Rana's inflatable stand up paddle board gets a lot of usage.

Much of the time that we are anchored the water will have current and waves that will require careful attention to kids in their own vessels.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thanks @Bruce Will get busy on it this weekend

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @Bruce Will get busy on it this weekend
The reality is that you are going to have your radio tuned to your group channel for the crossing and 69 while we are in Bimini. If you want to call one of us you will pick up the radio and say the name or forum name of the person you are calling one to three times followed by this is Amar and your message. If you have a serious problem you will push the DSC button and switch to channel 16.

Technically you should monitor channel 16 or 9 while in US waters. I and I imagine the other group leaders will be monitoring those channels. I do not see any reason for everyone to do so and if there is too much chatter I will stop monitoring. I have found that channel 16 is quite busy around Miami. We heard several Pan Pans during our single boat crossing in 2015.

During the crossing if you stop please immediately radio the reason for stopping to your group leader. If it is likely to be a quick stop the group will likely continue allowing you to correct your issue then catch back up. In general we want to keep the boats on plane.

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@Bruce For the second year in a row I would not be able to go. This time uncle Sam send me on a paid vacation to the sandbox for 1 year. I whish you all the best of luck during the crossing and great weather during your stay in paradise. I will be waiting for the wonderful pictures and videos.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce For the second year in a row I would not be able to go. This time uncle Sam send me on a paid vacation to the sandbox for 1 year. I whish you all the best of luck during the crossing and great weather during your stay in paradise. I will be waiting for the wonderful pictures and videos.
Thank you for your service and please be safe out there!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We will post as much as we can (internet dependent) and hope that you have the time to read and follow along from the sandbox! A friend of mine is supposed to be deploying in June to Afghanistan (Apache Pilot). Thank you for your service and come on back soon and safe!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sounds like the vacations you pay for are more fun. Thanks for being there so we and our families are not and are safe!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a video from the skis trip no crossing footage though :(

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Shirts are getting closer. @Julian and @Island Jay almost have them ready for order. We recently learned that the sublimation printing process which provides the high quality print on these quick drying and sun protective shirts does not allow for printing white. So the print will look much better on a white shirt than any other color.

Jet Boaters Long Sleeve Bimini 2017 Back White.jpeg