• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Closed...AGAIN!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ok, this is getting ridiculous! We had two big "train rain" events over the last month, and it pushed at least our lake and probably a few other N Texas lakes out of bounds again. Lake Ray Roberts ramps were closed again for the second time this year just last week. They don't appear to be letting much water out either. So the warm weather is inviting but not only can I not boat, I can't use the state park on the lake, because the RV sites are closed again too. Ugh.

That lake is managed by the Army Corp right? They don't do a good job managing them here in Ga!

All of the lakes in Florida are open and plenty of RV parks to be had! Come on...the sun is shining!

It would be the perfect time of year for a Florida vacation! If I only had time off now...Feb and Sept are my vacation months, not so much by choice, but by what I can hold in a seniority system. The coach is almost all repaired from the saga. Just waiting on body shop to finish final stuff and that last a/c unit to be replaced, as if they couldn't do it in the two weeks they have had it. Could have had 6 days to go somewhere, but missed out. I would have enjoyed the state park beside us but it is closed too at the lake.

Yes, it is a Corp lake. It's nice and they do a pretty good job. It just wasn't designed to have water in the parking lots and camp sites!

Grapevine went up 14 feet over that Thanksgiving rain event. Lewisville went up 8.

It seems like it's feast or famine in Texas lately

Hey Texans, Lake Ouachita is at its normal level.

Forecast thunderstorms here this weekend and back to colder temps next week. I'm trying to get a new roof put on and want warm temps to let it seal.

Lots of water! I saw Texoma went up about 7 ft. Our local lake in Edmond only went up 3ft.

Beautiful weather to boat on lake Conroe, but I've been out of commission for three weeks. Boat is in for warranty repairs... Biggest problem being that it leaks like a siv. Port side drive shaft.

That's a bummer @txav8r sorry to hear about your lake closure.

On a side note: when I read your original post I read it as you being upset about the closure of the lake and "skate park". For a minute I had visions of you wanting to work on your board flips and half pipe tricks. ;)

Ha ha dennis, @itsdgm I'm beyond the half pipe...ill just have to give em the full pipe!

We have the opposite problem out here. Folsom Lake needs to come up at least 55 feet to be useable. It is 115 feet below full. Sure wish we could get some of that Texas water up here! Maybe if we all string our garden hoses together we can siphon some of it!

@OrangeTJ We were flying across the country in the vicinity of AZ out of Reno back to DFW, and the stark difference from west to east is mind boggling. We were wondering why there wasn't a 6' diameter pipeline across the entire country just to transfer overages of water to drought stricken areas. I guess it wouldn't be that simple, but it could be!

Back