• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Leaning post riser 210FSH

JakeTJCJ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've read all the threads on coolers and fitting them under the leaning post of my 2020 210 FSH. Everyone seems to say just get a smaller cooler.

Well, my girlfriend bought a 45 yeti for me and I am really trying to squeeze that sucker under there. I contacted JBP about if their risers will fit the 210 instead of the 190 and they were not sure.

Has any one put the JBP risers on a 210 and are they the same? My next option will be to make my own set of risers out of starboard.

Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated.

Jake

Jet Boat Okie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I haven’t, but interested as well. It’s time for an upgraded cooler.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would make the risers out of expanded PVC board, starboard seems a tad soft for that. Or, depending on how much height you need you could pick up a cutting board / Aka slippery white stuff from Sams and use that. I don’t know how tall you are, I’m 6’1” and wear 34” length pants, and I don’t think I’d like the seat being any taller than it is now.

How about just putting it on the helm mat for a foot rest?

I get it, youd like to use the cooler your GF bought you, she sounds like she could be in the wife zone!

Although not asked for this is my opinion, I have found the oem igloo ice chest works great for my day trips and overnight two day trips on the water in 90-100° days. If I know it’s going to be hot I put some frozen water bottles in the cooler the night before, and I make sure all the stuff that’s going to go into the cooler spent the night in the fridge. When I pack the cooler in the morning I pull out the water bottles I put in the night before, put them back in the freezer then put my pre chilled beverages in the cooler and put some new frozen bottles in and amongst them, most of my beverages are water, but there are a few sodas in there. Then I empty the ice maker bin from the freezer on top, if it’s going to be Africa hot, if it’s not going to be super hot it’s just frozen water bottles. Then a plastic bag with sandwiches and snacks lays across the top. If I want to take it a step further I’ll lay a towel across the top before the bag with sandwiches and snacks. I’ve still had plenty of ice in the cooler and things are still cold after three days in 90-100° temps. The biggest thing is pre cooling the contents.

Ive been using ice chests for, well, 5 decades, (crap, that went fast lol!) well before these new chests came out and I use the same methods now as my folks taught me, except they used newspaper instead of a towel on top. You used to be able to get blocks of ice 25# or 10# at the ice houses around town but I haven’t seen one of those in a very long time, now I just use frozen bottles of water, or 1 or 2 liter bottles with frozen water, minimal water in the chest this way.

I get it, the new high digit performance ice chests work great, I got an otter brand one when I bought my truck in 2020, but I’ve yet to use it. It’ll probably get used when I do an extended trip and I’ll put frozen food in there with dry ice. But it’s big and heavy and the storage area is smallish.

Sherwood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just put mine behind the leaning post, and run the strap thur the cooler handles.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Brilliant!

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I picked up the Engel 45, and it fits under there nearly perfectly. And was quite a bit cheaper. It doesn't quite settle into the recess the way i'd like. If I added 1/2" to the feet or something it would stay put by itself, but I haven't bothered to do that yet.