• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Leaving boat in saltwater for two weeks

treverts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just purchased a Yamaha fsh. I have to take delivery but my boat lift won’t be installed for another two weeks. I’ve read many discussion threads about storing or leaving a jet boat in saltwater. It’s obvious that damage will occur over time.
my specific question is: Will damage occur if I leave my jet boat in saltwater for two weeks but only this one time. I’m thinking it’s probably not a big deal if it’s a one time thing (and of course clean the boat and flush thoroughly when it goes on the lift)
Any thoughts, feedback greatly appreciated

I would wait the 2 weeks... Ive never left my jet boat in the salt water overnight Unless I was sleeping on it outback and it was a used $6500 12 year old boat...

I just purchased a Yamaha fsh. I have to take delivery but my boat lift won’t be installed for another two weeks. I’ve read many discussion threads about storing or leaving a jet boat in saltwater. It’s obvious that damage will occur over time.
my specific question is: Will damage occur if I leave my jet boat in saltwater for two weeks but only this one time. I’m thinking it’s probably not a big deal if it’s a one time thing (and of course clean the boat and flush thoroughly when it goes on the lift)
Any thoughts, feedback greatly appreciated
You should be fine.

My FSH has a year old and I only boat in salt water. It has spent 1 week in water 2 diffrent times. I would pull it out after a week to clean the bottom and flush well. I do have some wear on anodes but none elseware I can see.

Depends on the water temperature, in the summer 2 weeks in Florida would give you some serious buildup this time of year 2 weeks will get some but not a lot that being said I would not leave it in for more that a week at a time max.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Back