• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Group Buy LECTROTAB – Yamaha Group Buy - Now Through Oct 2020!

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2k seems a little excessive, I would think 500-600$ should be in the ballpark. Although I wouldn't pay a dime B/C I do my own work.

robertr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
ordered:thumbsup:

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had the dealer quote me $2000 to install the trim tabs today which was a bit of a shock. I spoke with customer service at Lectrotab and they said this should take 2-3 hours to install so I was thinking about $500 to get this done. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)
$1,500 seems way steep to me, but (as others have mentioned) I do my own work.

My own anal-retentiveness dragged the planning of the install out longer than it would have taken to do the whole job if it was somebody else's boat and I had 20 more lined up behind it.

I installed the tabs themselves in a few hours with help from my teenage boys. (Which isn't always help - picture the 16-y.o. chasing the 13-y.o. around the storage unit trying to smack him with an actuator (and me reacting as any Dad does when his boys have lost their mind) - but I digress.)

The electrical part took a bit because I pulled the floor and ran through that way. Would have been quicker and shorter to hide it in storage compartments - but then there's that whole anal-retentive thing again. (Also note I completely re-did the boat's electrical system at the same time.)

Also note that running to the helm under the floor and then BACK to the throttle area meant that I was 6" short of cable for the port side actuator. I zip-tied it to a sticky-back (epoxied, not "stuck") with the vent hose (there is a tiny vent hose in the cable) high-and-dry and extended the leads the remaining 6" to the controller.

It's a half-day job tops if you've ever done anything like it before. Longer if you're in "learn as you go" mode.

My recommendation is to plan it all out and "do it in your head" a couple times to make sure you have all the tools, sealants, etc. you'll need.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just (finally) saw this. Very interested and will ponder.

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I had the dealer quote me $2000 to install the trim tabs today which was a bit of a shock. I spoke with customer service at Lectrotab and they said this should take 2-3 hours to install so I was thinking about $500 to get this done. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)
Ouch! I am just planning to tackle it on my own. I did the perfect pass install and it went easy so figure this can’t be too bad. May just take time and need to be careful when I drill.

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm in!!! Will be calling today to place my order. Cannot wait as I've heard great things about these tabs especially in the choppy ICW.
You were thinking like me! I want these and then a nice GPS chart plotter and scanner so I have the best chance to make it out to Lookout some day on the inside without getting stuck or hearing that stupid water alarm going off all the time!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Going to order these when I get back from Keys this week. To much going on this morning to call today.

We already talked about getting some over winter. This just makes it better

DERFLA

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do these interfere when you are hanging out on the swim deck? I.E. can someone possibly damage them if they are hanging out in the water off the swim deck and accidentally kicks up their feet in the water and hit the trim tab? Or use it as a footing to get up onto the boat from the water? Are they pretty durable from this type of human error? I am concerned about that one especially when you have a boat full of people and they don’t heed your warnings about the trim tabs.

Also, do they interfere with trailering straps?

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Do these interfere when you are hanging out on the swim deck? I.E. can someone possibly damage them if they are hanging out in the water off the swim deck and accidentally kicks up their feet in the water and hit the trim tab? Or use it as a footing to get up onto the boat from the water? Are they pretty durable from this type of human error? I am concerned about that one especially when you have a boat full of people and they don’t heed your warnings about the trim tabs.

I wouldn’t think they would with the swim deck. I guess they could depending on where the trailer straps are located. Only issue I have heard of is if you have a transducer already installed. They can be in the way of the tabs.

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was charged $800, $2,000 is insane

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

They retract when you turn the boat off, I haven't had any issues. Just make sure people are ware they are there. If installed correctly they dont interfere with straps.

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

If anyone would have kicked one, one of my clumsy kids would have done it by now! But guess what...it hasn't happenned. No idea how they would survive if you actually stood on one, but I can tell you it is NOT possible to get onto the platform with your leg at the angle it would need to be to stand on the tab. You are over-thinking this. Tabs are by far the #1 mod I've ever done on this boat. If you ever ride in chop or have to deal with lots of boat wakes, just pay the price and forever have a smile on your face when you use them. Also, no interference with trailering straps...you'll be installing them with the boat on the trailer, so you can test your placement out prior to drilling.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was charged $800, $2,000 is insane
I will install for 500 bucks no problem.lol

while this might seem complicated it really isn't. Take your time reading everything. Lay it all out. Get every tool needed, all extra supplies relax and enjoy a adding a great upgrade to your boat.

Just remember you have us to help and vent with. Hell pm me and i will give you the number to Neutron's Tech support

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’d gladly pay someone $500 to install them. :)

I travel a lot for work and with my boat being dry stacked in the summer, and at an offsite storage place in the winter, the only really time I see it is when I’m taking it out.

Indiana Jim

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
[QUOTE
For models: 210
CKSSML10x14-8292 $665.00 (list price $1,476.00)
(kit to include: 2) S-BK-13 Actuators with 23’ cable, 2) T10x14-8292 Stainless tabs, 1) MLC-1 Manual Leveling
control

[/QUOTE]

I can't find this model or size on the Lectrotab website. Is that a custom size for Yamaha boats?

Do you have a link for details? I'm definitely interested.

Thanks,

Jim

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
[QUOTE
For models: 210
CKSSML10x14-8292 $665.00 (list price $1,476.00)
(kit to include: 2) S-BK-13 Actuators with 23’ cable, 2) T10x14-8292 Stainless tabs, 1) MLC-1 Manual Leveling
control
I can't find this model or size on the Lectrotab website. Is that a custom size for Yamaha boats?

Do you have a link for details? I'm definitely interested.

Thanks,

Jim
[/QUOTE]
He has put together packages for certain size boats. I would recommend calling Russ at the number provided and asking him specifics for your boat. I bought tabs for my 19ft 195s and had to call since the package wasn’t listed.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
just curious to see if anybody has any knowledge or experience with the Nauticus Smart Tabs? I know they are spring loaded, and are not individually adjustable, but a couple of reviews claim they do an excellent job keeping the bow down in choppy/rough water. The advantage seems to be cost and simplicity, but not sure of effectiveness.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just curious to see if anybody has any knowledge or experience with the Nauticus Smart Tabs? I know they are spring loaded, and are not individually adjustable, but a couple of reviews claim they do an excellent job keeping the bow down in choppy/rough water. The advantage seems to be cost and simplicity, but not sure of effectiveness.
I had them on my 98 fourwinns sundowner 205 and they did improve stability in rough seas but in my opinion were not worth the benefit of adjustable tabs

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, I was thinking this would be a spring buy, but I'll throw my order in.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No experience with these, but I'd say you'll lose out on the ability to counter a beam-sea. In my limited experience, I'd say that's probably the biggest advantage of adjustable tabs.