• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Group Buy LECTROTAB – Yamaha Group Buy - Now Through Oct 2020!

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just curious if any of you ordered for a 210 FSH? if so please let me know so that we can compare note on where to install as I've seen photos of them installed two different ways:

- higher up to just below the swim platform
- lower down

I'm not sure if it's because of the model year and different in hull design so would love to hear what you guys are planning on doing.
I ordered a set of 9"x12" did a cardboard cutout test tab then called Russ standing next to the boat. Excited to get them on my 210FSH.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Dumbassbass

we have the same year boat and he recommended the standard package. should I change my order to the smaller tabs?

CKSSAL10x14-8292 $992.00 (list price $2,206.00)
(kit to include: 2) S-BK-13 Actuators with 23’ cable, 2) T10x14-8292 Stainless tabs, 1) ALC-1 Auto Leveling control

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not necessarily, that was the recommended package. Choices were the 10x14 and 12x12 a couple of the other members stated they barely had tabs deployed for preferred settings. I have had smaller tabs on another boat as well but my concern was to not move my transducer or interfere with its echo when the tabs are deployed so I wanted a narrower tab (still have 108 sq.in. surface). If I had moved the transducer I would opt for the 10x14.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not necessarily, that was the recommended package. Choices were the 10x14 and 12x12 a couple of the other members stated they barely had tabs deployed for preferred settings. I have had smaller tabs on another boat as well but my concern was to not move my transducer or interfere with its echo when the tabs are deployed so I wanted a narrower tab (still have 108 sq.in. surface). If I had moved the transducer I would opt for the 10x14.
I would prefer not to relocate mine too. is this similar to where yours is located? if so I will get the more narrow tabs too.

Attachments

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
ok our transducer set up is very similar so I'm going to contract russ to see if I can the more narrow tabs so that I won't have to drill more holes and move the transducer.

thanks!!!

Bogus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They promised to ship by 20 november. Im waiting

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Either way I don’t expect to see mine until Christmas- my wife plans to intercept them and wrap them as my present! I tried telling her they were HER present as it will smooth the ride for HER!
Too cold now to install anyway for us as the 5200 will need warmer days to set up properly. I did add a fuse block and pre wired though so I expect a quick project come spring!

Rob2021

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Any idea if there will be another group buy opportunity before the summer? I missed out on the last one.

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Rob2021 - I am pretty sure if you contact Russ at the Lectrotab office he would be happy to set up another buy program - he told me this forum was one of their best programs and thus the distributor pricing.
Mine apparently shipped today, but my wife plans to grab it and wrap it for Christmas - so I guess I am waiting another month! I will probably wait until spring to install anyway so the 5200 can set better in warmer temps. Already ran wiring for the controller so the install should go relatively fast.
Still debating where exactly the controller is getting mounted - seems like pros/cons to each obvious mounting location.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine arrive tomorrow - will go on in the Spring.

robertr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
mine should be here tomorrow, cant wait

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anybody here want to volunteer putting together a really good end-to-end installation video? I'm getting mine soon, but won't be able to install until the spring. If nobody creates an install video then I'll make one next year when I do mine.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ok our transducer set up is very similar so I'm going to contract russ to see if I can the more narrow tabs so that I won't have to drill more holes and move the transducer.

thanks!!!
Got mine today!

what did they say about your transducer placement

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Im doing all I can to not move the transducer, that's why I went with the 9"wide. I think there will be room for the 12" but my thoughts are that there's a chance that the tabs fully deployed will cause some interference with side imaging although I really don't use it much and if i do its probably at low enough speed to not have the tabs down anyway. I actually got mine last week. I'll be installing most likely the week of 12/7.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got mine today!

what did they say about your transducer placement
I ended up ordering smaller (less wide) tabs so that the wash does not interfere with the transducer. this way I don't have to remount the transducer.