• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Group Buy LECTROTAB – Yamaha Group Buy - Now Through Oct 2020!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Talked with Russ today. Explained where my Totalscan transducer placement was. He said wont be a problem moving the tabs outward is preferred anyway. I will be inside from the outside edge by approximately 4 inches. Russ said up to 2 inches is fine.

Just finished ordering my fuse block, wiring, loom, heatshrink, and connectors. So as soon as it is in I will be installing. Cant wait

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just got charged for mine so hoping they ship soon. someone please create a detailed "how to" on the entire install process. I know others along with myself would greatly appreciate it!!!

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not crazy about any of those threads as a "how to" process. Back to my earlier question; does anyone want to put together a nice detailed install video while they do this? Otherwise I will make a good install video, but not until May cause I'm in Minnesota. I would LOVE it if someone else beats me to it and made my life easier tho!! :)

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I agree and that is why I asked. A lot of the existing tutorials are spotty and would love a more step-by-step for newbies from drilling the holes and running the cords to hook up to the battery.

I would chip in to a go fund me type page that we can pay out to members who create thorough tutorials or a wiki for future members to reference too!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I plan on documenting my process completely but I am camera shy, so no videos sorry

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I pulled out my boat to install my tabs today and I ran into an issue. I have a 2017 AR190 and I want the tabs to be outside the transducer shown. I also have to install it under the step on the 190's. There is not enough vertical space to fit the actuator in the holes drilled in the tab. As you can see, using the factory holes pushes my actuator off the back off the boat (where black and white meet). Has anyone drilled new holes on the tabs to shift the mounting point? If I shift them two inches in then I think everything should work fine. I assume having two empty holes shouldn't cause any issues??
Thanks

Attachments

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the actuator extended? It must be fully retracted to properly install it. Second the pivot plate is installed in the face of the transom not from underneath the boat. (Unless you are just holding it there for visual)
I wouldn't want unnecessary holes in the surface of the tab. Could cause added stress to it. I would put a call into Russ for sure.

Btw you are holding the tab upside-down the vertical edges should be up. They are for strength for the tab.

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It is fully retracted. On the 190s it has to be installed under the hull on the step. I have a 6" step on the back before the true hull that the 210/240s don't have. It is similar to the step on the 230s.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Neutron, I’ll be doing my install in a couple of months and will need to get the extra parts you did. Can you tell me what the wiring is for and how you plan on using the connectors? Lectro specs 14 AWG for power. You also have 6, how are you using the two? For you fuse block, what brand did you pick? Looks like WUPP is a popular choice. Thanks!

I definitely will. I am waiting for my last spool of black marine 14 gauge wire to come in.
Everything else is here.
View attachment 138628

Last edited:

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Neutron, I’ll be doing my install in a couple of months and will need to get the extra parts you did. Can you tell me what the wiring is for and how you plan on using the connectors? Lectro specs 14 AWG for power. You also have 6, how are you using the two? For you fuse block, what brand did you pick? Looks like WUPP is a popular choice. Thanks!
When i get home tonight i will give you a better run down and info on my parts.
I have everything to do the job but been sidelined a little due to a screwed up nerve in my left foot. Probably going to have surgery on it

Last edited:

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It is fully retracted. On the 190s it has to be installed under the hull on the step. I have a 6" step on the back before the true hull that the 210/240s don't have. It is similar to the step on the 230s.
@bttally - You need to call Russ, don't redrill those mounting holes you will take away from the integrity of the tab plus that's a square hole. Mine were too far aft and Russ replaced them with a 5" drilled mount so they would fit under the swim platform properly(I have the 210FSH). Not sure where yours would fit properly but I measured several times and also sent Russ pictures.

Last edited:

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Dumbassbass since I think we have the same tabs will mine need to be adjusted or was this with a version prior to this Fall’s Group Buy?
@vesder21 - You have the 5" punch, mine was with this group buy but I believe right before you ordered. You should be good. Originally I believe mine were at 7".

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 6 gauge wire is to be run from the battery switch to behind the helm. This is for the fuse block. I have wanted to seperate and isolate a bunch of other electronics. This will make wiring the Lectro Tabs easier as well as any other future additions.
20210210_175244.jpg20210210_175359.jpg

all my wire and connectors are marine grade tinned

20210210_175116.jpg20210210_175003.jpg

Everything will be heatshrinked and all wires run from the back to the helm will be in this wire loom, even the wiring from the tabs
20210210_175334.jpg

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @Neutron. I had an epiphany yesterday and thought you’d be using the 6 gauge from battery to fuse block. I like that you are putting your fuse block in the helm too. That’s where I think it makes the most sense for me. So many people put it by the batteries, for good reasons too, that I thought I might be missing something.

What will you use these for?
7EA842CE-F697-44DD-B142-D850D333ACB5.jpeg
The 6 gauge wire is to be run from the battery switch to behind the helm. This is for the fuse block. I have wanted to seperate and isolate a bunch of other electronics. This will make wiring the Lectro Tabs easier as well as any other future additions.
<pic>

all my wire and connectors are marine grade tinned
<pic>

Everything will be heatshrinked and all wires run from the back to the helm will be in this wire loom, even the wiring from the tabs
<pic>

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Neutron. I had an epiphany yesterday and thought you’d be using the 6 gauge from battery to fuse block. I like that you are putting your fuse block in the helm too. That’s where I think it makes the most sense for me. So many people put it by the batteries, for good reasons too, that I thought I might be missing something.

What will you use these for?
View attachment 141993
Those are water tight relays. Doubt they will be used for the tabs but i have other items i have wired that i will be putting them to use for