• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lectrotab Trim Tabs

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
whats the price of the lectro kit?
$710 shipped ( oval switch , 12x12 custom fit , long actuator). I have the same hull as you , so I can sent you pictures if you need to see something.

You got to be very carefully with the dimension and placements as the transom straps can get on the way.

Knowing what I know today, I would have probably gotten 12x9. The 12x12 ( flares down) have A LOT of grip. Like really A LOT of GRIP. That is not a problem unless you are making sharp turns with the tabs down and the family goes flying inside the cockpit. :banghead:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@paulellison72, @All Seas, I went with Lectrotab to be able to order tabs at the exact dimensions that I wanted. I found the price for my custom tabs to be competitive to Bennett’s.

My Lectrotabs have been on my since 2014 and have made 5 Bimini trips totaling 48 days of salt water usage and many times that many on lakes. They have never had any problem at all. I am very happy that I chose Lectrotab and my whole family is excited about the reduction in impact when crossing waves or wake.
by far the best mod for a Bimini crossing and I dare say I have stressed those tabs..... WOT with single tab deployed and fighting with hard steering for 10 to 15 minutes each (the trials included "losing" control ( aka let the wheel go and see what happens))

I have zero experience with Bennett, but Lectrotab has EXCELLENT customer service @bronze_10 & @Mainah being the latest benefactors of their work ethics

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One more vote for Lectrotabs here.
Not as well recognized as a brand as Bennett or Lenco, they mostly cater to builders, not general public.

They have some unique design features that make their electric actuators superior by design, such as the conduits that equalize the pressure inside the actuator (preventing water intrusion due to vacuum).

They are super customer friendly and have worked with many forum members/Yamaha owners here, so they are very familiar with our boats.

--

All Seas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$710 shipped ( oval switch , 12x12 custom fit , long actuator). I have the same hull as you , so I can sent you pictures if you need to see something.

You got to be very carefully with the dimension and placements as the transom straps can get on the way.

Knowing what I know today, I would have probably gotten 12x9. The 12x12 ( flares down) have A LOT of grip. Like really A LOT of GRIP. That is not a problem unless you are making sharp turns with the tabs down and the family goes flying inside the cockpit. :banghead:
I would like to see some install pictures, please.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would like to see some install pictures, please.
I will take a few pictures so you know how it sits on your hull, but the links that @swatski provided is what I used to install mine. Everything from those links should transferable to you, except maybe the exact position. Which I will be glad to share some mine sit

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
so do I go with 12x12 or 12x9?
If I was going to donut again I would do 12x9
That is 12 wide ( port to stbd) and 9 deep ( bow to stern )

All Seas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spoke with Russ and he is recommending 16x9 (16 wide, 9 deep) and a set of short actuators. Will these fit on my boat or should I go with a bolt 12x9 setup?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a lenco compact set of 12x4.5 on my sx230. I have not had to deploy them fully.

Based on the positive experience of those with a 12x9 and knowing they actually fit, would be my incentive to stay at that size.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spoke with Russ and he is recommending 16x9 (16 wide, 9 deep) and a set of short actuators. Will these fit on my boat or should I go with a bolt 12x9 setup?
Your hull is slightly different, but I would recommend what we have figured out works very well for the new 24' boats, 9" (chord) x 16" (span/width)
Here is the invoice/info (post #110):
https://jetboaters.net/threads/lectrotab-trim-tabs.71/page-6#post-269907

Those trim tabs rock. The size and the short actuators also permit surfing mods, etc., if you may be into that.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And yes, 9" chord x 12" span (instead of 16") will be plenty. 16" is about the max that will fit without shimming the transom etc.

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
to elaborate, I am fairly positive that 16 inches will fit ( see pictures above). I got them only absorb the shock for the Bimini crossings. My opinion is that 12x12 are an overkill. 12x9 are plenty. That being said, I do not see the harm on 16x9. and most importantly Russ knows his subject. Based on what you told him that you will be using them for, I believe he gave you the best recommendation. So I would just stick with his recommendation.
Note that I have regular actuator, so when I deploy those at 100% they probably at 45 + degree angle

All Seas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last few questions,

since 16x9 and 12x12 have the same surface area, would they perform the same or would the extra length of the 12" give that boat a little more leverage?

the 12x12's come with the standard actuator (2.5") and a mounting location of 4.5" from the hinge and the 16x9's come with the short (1.5"). and are 6" from the hinge. Would these setups provide equal angle at max deployment?

All Seas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well after speaking with Russ again, he assured me the 16x9s would work perfect with the short actuators for my setup. Order placed!

gmtech16450yz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok I'll have mine next friday. 12x12, short actuators and auto level controller. They better be the most amazing mod I've done to my boat or I'm holding ALL of you guys responsible! So far I think getting rid of the stock throttles has been my most amazing mod. The Teleflex/Morse controls and throttle sensor wheels I built have been incredible. I seriously considered doing the adjustable nozzle mod from the watercrafts, but my reverse/neutral/forward bucket control/steering/etc is perfect and didn't really want to re-engineer all that.

What's the consensus on screws? I was going to order some on Mcmaster-Carr. Save me some time reading all of this and tell me what screws to order! '17 212 btw.

BTW, you guys were right about the customer service. I talked to Russ first, had to look at the boat to see if the tabs he had in stock would work so I had to call back. When I called back I talked to Dan, WOW! What a super nice group of guys! I asked Dan, "Isn't it nice to run a company where pretty much 100% of your customers are happy with your products AND customer service?" He said yeah he realizes and appreciates it and works hard to keep it that way. I was impressed. He went FAR above and beyond in taking care of my order. So far I'm thrilled with the experience. Can't wait to see how they work, especially with the auto controller.

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@gmtech16450yz
Please do the reading on @swatski @ @Bruce install. You will be making 20+ holes below the waterline and if you do not position them a mirror of each other your boats track strait.
I used the same ss screws that the swat did. Make sure you do not forget the 5200. LOL

In you are not happy with your new tabs, I will pay for them and take the boat off your hands. I am here for you my friend ....