• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Little help getting boat ready.

campinfamily

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey everyone- we were lucky to get a 2021 210FSH sport delivered last October. There was damage to the middle tower piece from shipping, so dealer sent out to be powder coated....question 1. Is there a wire that goes in between the top, section and the bottom section were comes out of the helm? I called the dealer and they said no, it has to be pulled out of the top piece- I tugged and not much came out, and I’m afraid to really pull.
Question 2- for the battery wiring, where does the ground wire go? Wires are 2 red- 1 to each battery + , two black negative- 1 to each battery —, The jumper that goes to both sides of the negative, a small wire with a tag that says attach to negative, and then a ground wire. Does the ground also go to the negative?

sorry- newbie first time setting up batteries- dealer was zero help.
Thanks!!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey everyone- we were lucky to get a 2021 210FSH sport delivered last October. There was damage to the middle tower piece from shipping, so dealer sent out to be powder coated....question 1. Is there a wire that goes in between the top, section and the bottom section were comes out of the helm? I called the dealer and they said no, it has to be pulled out of the top piece- I tugged and not much came out, and I’m afraid to really pull.
Question 2- for the battery wiring, where does the ground wire go? Wires are 2 red- 1 to each battery + , two black negative- 1 to each battery —, The jumper that goes to both sides of the negative, a small wire with a tag that says attach to negative, and then a ground wire. Does the ground also go to the negative?

sorry- newbie first time setting up batteries- dealer was zero help.
Thanks!!!
On the 2020 210 FSH Sport there is a wire from the console to the port (left) upright, higher up there is another junction. This wiring is for your anchor light on top of the T top.

That small negative wire is for the DVSR (digital voltage sensing relay) And is attached to the start battery negative.

This device isolates / parallels your start and house batteries. Basically it works like this, when you start the engines the VSR is open, when the start battery reaches 13.2 volts the VSR closes and parallels the start and house so the house battery can start charging. There is a little red light on the VSR that turns on when the VSR is closed.

When your are stopped and floating, the batteries stay paralleled until the voltage drops to 12.7 volts, then VSR opens and isolates the start and house batteries. This is so the start battery is always fully charged to start the engines.

F7292EF1-88DF-42D9-889F-FBA0C725694F.png

campinfamily

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On the 2020 210 FSH Sport there is a wire from the console to the port (left) upright, higher up there is another junction. This wiring is for your anchor light on top of the T top.

That small negative wire is for the DVSR (digital voltage sensing relay) And is attached to the start battery negative.

This device isolates / parallels your start and house batteries. Basically it works like this, when you start the engines the VSR is open, when the start battery reaches 13.2 volts the VSR closes and parallels the start and house so the house battery can start charging. There is a little red light on the VSR that turns on when the VSR is closed.

When your are stopped and floating, the batteries stay paralleled until the voltage drops to 12.7 volts, then VSR opens and isolates the start and house batteries. This is so the start battery is always fully charged to start the engines.

View attachment 145911
Thank you for that! Very informative- if I have the jumper cable that connects to each negative, does it matter which batter (start/house) it is connected to? And the ground wire goes to either of the negative terminals?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you for that! Very informative- if I have the jumper cable that connects to each negative, does it matter which batter (start/house) it is connected to? And the ground wire goes to either of the negative terminals?
If I understand your question, you are asking if the negative / ground jumper connects to both the start and house batteries negative / ground terminals? Then yes, just like the single line drawing I posted above.

Does it matter which battery the thin ground wire from the DVSR is connected to? No, but I’d still connect it to the start battery negative / ground terminal.

Did I understand your question correctly?

Question, how come the batteries were not installed by the dealer as part of the purchase?

Last edited:

campinfamily

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If I understand your question, you are asking if the negative / ground jumper connects to both the start and house batteries negative / ground terminals? Then yes, just like the single line drawing I posted above.

Does it matter which battery the thin ground wire from the DVSR is connected to? No, but I’d still connect it to the start battery negative / ground terminal.

Did I understand your question correctly?

Question, how come the batteries were not installed by the dealer as part of the purchase?
Yes, you understood. Thank you. Super helpfu!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length