• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Live well Aerator Issues

TobyMed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have a 2018 190 fsh and the live well aerator has stopped working. The live well will still fill but the aerator doesn’t work.
Anyone else have this issue? How did you fix it?

Any ideas period?
I appreciate any help.
Thanks!!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine will not fill but does work if I use a bucket to fill. The dealer did not have time to look at it because it was there in the spring if I get to it I’ll let you know what is up.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am having the same issue and ordered a new aerator pump. any suggestion son how to replace? I am not too handy

Thank you!
It’s going to be a tough job getting to the aerator pump itself.

Before I go on, I’m assuming you made sure the ckt breaker is not tripped or that the filter screen is not plugged up?

You are going to have take the panels out on the starboard side of the engine bay to get to the aerator pump as it is on the back side of the live well itself.

The good news is that the pump head comes off the base by pushing in a red tab and then unscrews. The fill pump is the same.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The fuse was blown. I changed it and still didn't kick on. Pulled screen for test as well.

thank you

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
mine stopped working the first season also, but the pump wasn't actually dead, just plugged somewhere. back flushed it with the garden hose through the fill/aerator hole from the live well side and it freed up. I also tried the weed eater line but there seemed to be too many bends, but maybe that also helped.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i tried the hose. great idea on the weed eater line. think a hanger would work?

I appreciate your help!

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i tried the hose. great idea on the weed eater line. think a hanger would work?

I appreciate your help!
I think a hanger might be too stiff. It's been a while since i was in there fixing it but i think there was a 90 degree bend.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
OK cool. i will try a weed eater cable

Thank you

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The fuse was blown. I changed it and still didn't kick on. Pulled screen for test as well.

thank you
What fuse? It should be on a ckt breaker that’s right above the rocker switch…

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I pushed in the black rubber ckt breaker and it didn't do anything. Is that correct? There are three fuses in the battery compartment for the Livewell pumps. The aerator fuse was blown. I replaced it but still isn't working. I am sure a minnow is stuck. I will try the weedwhacker line and hose again before I attempt to replace. thanks for your help. i appreciate it

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I pushed in the black rubber ckt breaker and it didn't do anything. Is that correct? There are three fuses in the battery compartment for the Livewell pumps. The aerator fuse was blown. I replaced it but still isn't working. I am sure a minnow is stuck. I will try the weedwhacker line and hose again before I attempt to replace. thanks for your help. i appreciate it
Okay, was the ckt breaker for the aerator tripped? I’d have to go and get my shop manual out and look at the single line diagram but that seems weird to me that there is a fuse and a ckt breaker that feeds the aerator… did the fuse hold after you replaced it and tried to run it?

There are two ports in the live well attached to the aerator, the one with the screen is the intake and the one without is the output. You could as @JASmith suggested use a hose to try and flush the aerator out from each side… You may want to fill the live well up to the overflow and leave it sit overnight so if there is a minnow in there it will soften it up increasing the chances it will come out easier… did you loose the intake screen? That micronic screen filter is pretty fine, mine was plugging up when the pine tree pollen was super thick, had to keep rinsing it out with the raw water wash down hose while on the water.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Okay, was the ckt breaker for the aerator tripped? I’d have to go and get my shop manual out and look at the single line diagram but that seems weird to me that there is a fuse and a ckt breaker that feeds the aerator… did the fuse hold after you replaced it and tried to run it?

There are two ports in the live well attached to the aerator, the one with the screen is the intake and the one without is the output. You could as @JASmith suggested use a hose to try and flush the aerator out from each side… You may want to fill the live well up to the overflow and leave it sit overnight so if there is a minnow in there it will soften it up increasing the chances it will come out easier… did you loose the intake screen? That micronic screen filter is pretty fine, mine was plugging up when the pine tree pollen was super thick, had to keep rinsing it out with the raw water wash down hose while on the water.
Speaking of that filter, i ended up replacing it with a filter that was less fine for the same reason. the stock one plugged way too easily for my liking.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Speaking of that filter, i ended up replacing it with a filter that was less fine for the same reason. the stock one plugged way too easily for my liking.
Cool! Thanks for that link! Did you get the 3/4” one?

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Cool! Thanks for that link! Did you get the 3/4” one?
I don’t remember. I ended up seeing it on the shelf and just bought it. I believe the piping is about 3/4 so that would make sense but I don’t remember with certainty

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don’t remember. I ended up seeing it on the shelf and just bought it. I believe the piping is about 3/4 so that would make sense but I don’t remember with certainty
Right on.. thanks. I need to get a spare anyway… just about lost the stock one a while back at a fishing tournament. The stock one got knocked off when trying to get the walleye out of the live well for weigh in. Luckily it ended up in the live well itself.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Any progress?

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

The brkr didn't trip but the fuse was blown. On page 129 of the manual is lists that the bilge, aerator and pump fuses are in the battery compartment. Once the fuse was replaced it still didn't work. I tried all items in your message. Next up is the weedwaker cord. hopefully that works. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. FYI looking for an aftermarket aerator screen. I fish in a river with a lot of sediment so the screen gets clogged regularly.

Doug

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The brkr didn't trip but the fuse was blown. On page 129 of the manual is lists that the bilge, aerator and pump fuses are in the battery compartment. Once the fuse was replaced it still didn't work. I tried all items in your message. Next up is the weedwaker cord. hopefully that works. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. FYI looking for an aftermarket aerator screen. I fish in a river with a lot of sediment so the screen gets clogged regularly.

Doug
Right on… if the line trimmer thing doesn’t work… the motor and impeller are mounted in the head of the pump and that head unscrews from the base, you have to push in a locking tab then turn it counter clockwise.

It “may”be possible to get to the aerator pump from the back after removing the clean out tray and the starboard exhaust between the water lock and the resonator. I had to tighten up the fill fitting on the back of the live well and it was a real chore to get to, and I remember thinking if I couldn’t get to it I was going to have to remove the part of the exhaust I mentioned above to gain better access.