• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maiden Voyage - I got a stick

OurCrew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Put on KeelGuard and Thrust Vectors and took my 2022 210FSH for maiden voyage only to suck up a stick in my starboard engine. Couldn’t get it out so we went back on port engine. I checked here and found a thread telling me what to do. I love jetboater.net

You didn’t waste any time. It took me about 15 trips before I sucked up a stick. It was more like an average size piece of yard mulch for me. My wife pulled it out through the clean out port, and away we went.

You didn’t waste any time. It took me about 15 trips before I sucked up a stick. It was more like an average size piece of yard mulch for me. My wife pulled it out through the clean out port, and away we went.
Was able to get a piEve of it out thru the port but could still feel the rest wedged on the impeller bland

Sorry that happened on your first outing.. hopefully you just got that out of the way.

Hopefully you able to clear it easily. If had to pulling the pump is really easy to do, 7 bolts total, some grease, a little sealant and you’re good to go.

Sorry that happened on your first outing.. hopefully you just got that out of the way.

Hopefully you able to clear it easily. If had to pulling the pump is really easy to do, 7 bolts total, some grease, a little sealant and you’re good to go.
What seven bolts
I removed two on reverse bucket and on steering rod
photo has four blue and five red
what are the ones to remove
all and two parts come off
or just red and whole assembly comes off

Attachments

• AADBF019-33A4-4F4F-BEB9-AECD988BBD20.jpeg
    AADBF019-33A4-4F4F-BEB9-AECD988BBD20.jpeg
    830.2 KB · Views: 25
My first encounter with "picking up a stick" happened 3 years into owning the boat. Here is the culprit.

IMG_20211006_190313010.jpg

What seven bolts
I removed two on reverse bucket and on steering rod
photo has four blue and five red
what are the ones to remove
all and two parts come off
or just red and whole assembly comes off

4-10mm main bolts on transom plate
1-6mm on transom plate
1-6mm steering bolt
1-6mm cable retainer bolt

There is a quick disconnect for the reverse bucket.

The pumps should come out like this.

6AA5DD61-2042-445A-BEAC-562DADF8C2D6.png

Last edited:
4-10mm main bolts on transom plate
1-6mm on transom plate
1-6mm steering bolt
1-6mm cable retainer bolt

There is a quick disconnect for the reverse bucket.

The pumps should come out like this.

View attachment 166532
Thanks, Already took first four off, I will know if there is a next time ( hopefully not) Those next thought are on there hard I‘m got to get a 6’ extension for my half inch ratchet since the 3/8 won’t cut it.

where do you pry it off from the transom

Attachments

• 13CD32BC-2A71-4249-93F8-104E7AE14777.jpeg
    13CD32BC-2A71-4249-93F8-104E7AE14777.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Thanks, Already took first four off, I will know if there is a next time ( hopefully not) Those next thought are on there hard I‘m got to get a 6’ extension for my half inch ratchet since the 3/8 won’t cut it.

where do you pry it off from the transom

There are special tabs / pry points built into the casting. Or just push on the end of the pump in different directions, if that doesn’t work use a pry bar at the pry points. Also get yourself a service manual.

I plan to install my Thrust Vectors and Lateral Thrusters Thursday or Friday. I figure I would pull the whole pump to check out the inside and re-grease the end.
Do we like these instructions?

where can I get it? Is there a link?

Here’s the link: YAMAHA MANUAL STORE

I looked and it doesn’t look like the service manual is available yet for the 2022 model 210 FSH Sport. I don’t think there are any changes other than esthetics, so if you need something specific in the meantime let me know and I’ll send you the pages you need. In my opinion it’s a pretty handy resource.

Back