• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mantus anchor. Awesome

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I've purchased the 8lb one for my 19 AR. I'll report back with pics once I get it. If it fits, certainly the 2.5 will.
Curious if it managed to fit in the front locker!

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The 8 lb holds my 09 212ss great. The little one works great on the beach side.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just ordered the 8 lb @farrelltravis. Got very tired of the cheap one I had not holding. I'm looking forward to trying this thing out!
Thank you for your order!! As others have mentioned, I can tell you that you are going to love it!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got both the 8 and the 13. haven't used the 13 yet, keeping it as a storm anchor, but the 8lbs fits in the locker. I added some spacers so it can hang on top. We have used the 8lbs twice, and twice it has held extremely well. The second time too well, so I had to pull it, as my wife gave up.
These Mantus anchors really do hold don't they!

tadmcmichael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Going to resurrect this thread from the dead!

Planning on buying the 8# Mantus for my 2016 242 Limited. Sounds like some of you have done this already for my size boat.

Anyone have a picture they can share of the 8# in my style anchor locker?

I understand the 13 may hold better, but the inability to fit in the locker is a deal breaker for me.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't have any pictures of the Mantus in an anchor locker. We keep ours under the seat. If we can be of help, please let me know.

JetboatDrvr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm tired of getting dragged around with my danforth so I was watching the video on GetAGrips page, realized they were demonstrating it in my back yard...trying to find my wallet now.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Used my Mantus for the first time, it is awesome so much better than my Fortress anchor. Where are you guys storing it? Doesn’t fit into the anchor locker unfortunately.

Here it is holding the boat in place:thumbsup:

3725956E-FDEA-46AF-BB84-693FE387B923.jpeg

tadmcmichael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You must have the 13# then? I think the 8 fits based on previous posts?

Last edited:

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Mine is #8 but it definitely doesn’t fit on the 2018 190/195

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Used my Mantus for the first time, it is awesome so much better than my Fortress anchor. Where are you guys storing it? Doesn’t fit into the anchor locker unfortunately.

Here it is holding the boat in place:thumbsup:
Do you typically use the bow eye to hook up your anchor versus the cleat? Have you had better results?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you typically use the bow eye to hook up your anchor versus the cleat? Have you had better results?
It would be nice just to be able to reach the Bow eye from my boat lol.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Has anyone tried the new design Mantus?

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I always use the bow eye. Not sure why to be honest just habit I guess.

Tiger J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes, you are correct.
I think I will buy one today as well. I
Just to reinforce what @Jebinok and @DCB-270 are saying that chain is not necessary, my rear anchor is a 2 pound Mantus with no chain and it holds just fine also.

I think I may have to purchase one of these anchors this evening. I have a '08 212x that I mainly use on muddy bottom lakes and bayous in Louisiana. My small fluke anchor in my anchor locker just isn't holding like I want it to... no matter the scope. I go to Crab Island in Destin, FL twice a year and the current can be a little strong in the late afternoon. Do you think an 8 would do the trick?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My Mantus 8lbs sometimes does not catch on first try on very muddy bottom. I think the Mantus fails to grab because it lands upside down and the mud is not firm enough to allow the bar to work to right the anchor. Once it holds it is not going anywhere. If the mud is very soft, just be ready to set more than once, in my humble experience.

I algo got the Mantus 13lbs, and that thing is a BEAST. I pull it from under the cushion when things are more dicey than usual. I had a Navy 20lbs and it ALWAYS grabs on first try. every time, and resets QUICKLY! but its holding power is not as great, so when a big loaded freighter goes by and creates very large swells, I drag a few feet from having the anchor pulled with the Navy Anchor. The 13lbs Mantus does NOT move with the same swells. (Big enough that water goes over the bow in some cases)

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My Mantus 8lbs sometimes does not catch on first try on very muddy bottom. I think the Mantus fails to grab because it lands upside down and the mud is not firm enough to allow the bar to work to right the anchor. Once it holds it is not going anywhere. If the mud is very soft, just be ready to set more than once, in my humble experience.

I algo got the Mantus 13lbs, and that thing is a BEAST. I pull it from under the cushion when things are more dicey than usual. I had a Navy 20lbs and it ALWAYS grabs on first try. every time, and resets QUICKLY! but its holding power is not as great, so when a big loaded freighter goes by and creates very large swells, I drag a few feet from having the anchor pulled with the Navy Anchor. The 13lbs Mantus does NOT move with the same swells. (Big enough that water goes over the bow in some cases)
Are you using chain?

After I added an anchor winch I tried mine without chain. Much slower to set. I went back to chain next time out.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have 6ft of chain on it.