• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mantus anchor. Awesome

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@TheGreekTitan, the 8 and the 2 is what i have also. You will not believe how well that little 2 pound will hold, let alone the 8. I lost my 8 about a week ago and ordered another one from @farrelltravis his service is unbelievable. I got it next day.

NickF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just ordered a 2.5lb galvanized for the back end, see how I like it, before diving into an 8lb for the front, usually throwing it in freshwater that's between 2-5 ft deep. @farrelltravis

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@TheGreekTitan, the 8 and the 2 is what i have also. You will not believe how well that little 2 pound will hold, let alone the 8. I lost my 8 about a week ago and ordered another one from @farrelltravis his service is unbelievable. I got it next day.
How did you loose it?

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How did you loose it?
I had a cheap carebeener that was getting rusty i guess it opened up when i went to pull up my anchor. it started coming up then my rope went limp! (LOL) I marked it pretty good, now i just need the lake to go down about 2 feet, we went out the other day with a drag but i didnt snag it, i think its in about 8 foot of water

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I think I know where I can get a Mantus .

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just ordered a 2.5lb galvanized for the back end, see how I like it, before diving into an 8lb for the front, usually throwing it in freshwater that's between 2-5 ft deep. @farrelltravis
Thank you for your order! We greatly appreciate it! You're going to love it.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I had a cheap carebeener that was getting rusty i guess it opened up when i went to pull up my anchor. it started coming up then my rope went limp! (LOL) I marked it pretty good, now i just need the lake to go down about 2 feet, we went out the other day with a drag but i didnt snag it, i think its in about 8 foot of water
Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade to side scan.
8EF63D22-F800-4356-A3C6-698F3AFBE7FC.jpeg

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

smurf00

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great thread. Getting ready for summer and looks like I'll be getting a Mantus!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hated messing with my cheap anchor last year. Order placed! @farrelltravis ;)
Thank you SO MUCH for your order @smurf00 !! This will be the anchor you will love and you will find yourself telling everyone about it! Please be sure to give them my website!!!

Again, thank you very much for your order! Happy boating!

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Any idea if the 8lb would fit in a 19' AR locker since they're bigger now? It looks like D dimension on the chart would be the problem.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@farrelltravis Since you are selling these, have you seen any simple methods of storing the Mantus in one of the compartments without it bouncing around? Sometimes when I'm just doing a quick 2-3 hour family ride, I don't carry much gear to fill the compartments and the anchor bounces around. It would seem simple if there were some kind of tie downs in the compartments, but there aren't.

smurf00

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you SO MUCH for your order @smurf00 !! This will be the anchor you will love and you will find yourself telling everyone about it! Please be sure to give them my website!!!

Again, thank you very much for your order! Happy boating!
Thanks for the quick turnaround! I got it put together, mounted, and stored in the boat this weekend! Itching to get out on the water now!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any idea if the 8lb would fit in a 19' AR locker since they're bigger now? It looks like D dimension on the chart would be the problem.
I haven't seen the 19' anchor locker. So, I can't say with any certainty. I am sure it would fit under a seat though. We keep our 13 pound Mantus anchor under the seat in the bow. I didn't like the idea of it at first, but it has worked out fine for us.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@farrelltravis Since you are selling these, have you seen any simple methods of storing the Mantus in one of the compartments without it bouncing around? Sometimes when I'm just doing a quick 2-3 hour family ride, I don't carry much gear to fill the compartments and the anchor bounces around. It would seem simple if there were some kind of tie downs in the compartments, but there aren't.
We keep our under the seat as well. We use our spare lifejackets as padding. Very simple and works great for extra padding.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the quick turnaround! I got it put together, mounted, and stored in the boat this weekend! Itching to get out on the water now!
Awesome!! Enjoy!! I'm glad you got it so quick!