• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mantus anchor. Awesome

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@farrelltravis Do you need chain with these anchors? I supposed it does hurt but is it necessary?

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
90% of anchors need to be used with chain to have rated holding power. Anchor might hold without but will always work better with.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
90% of anchors need to be used with chain to have rated holding power. Anchor might hold without but will always work better with.
I agree, but I remember reading that this particular anchor does not need chain. Just trying to confirm.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm curious if the 2.5 can fit in the anchor locker on the 19ft.

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm curious if the 2.5 can fit in the anchor locker on the 19ft.
I've purchased the 8lb one for my 19 AR. I'll report back with pics once I get it. If it fits, certainly the 2.5 will.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Does the 2019 have the same size anchor locker as 2018?

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Does the 2019 have the same size anchor locker as 2018?
I'm not sure, but here's what my rough tape measure says for the 19

Anchor storage opening

14.5" width for a fluke anchor posts.
16.5" at front
18" at back
14" bow to stern
13" deepest at stern side but tapers with hull

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The 2.5 fits in my wet locker over the clean out hole. I have the 8 pounder for the front. i dont use a chain on either and have never had to reset. these are awsome anchors.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I use the 8 in the front and 2 in the back with no chain, works great, the 2 fits in the back of my 09 212 and its very shallow. The 2 doesnt have a roll bar.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@farrelltravis Do you need chain with these anchors? I supposed it does hurt but is it necessary?
Chain is not required with the Mantus anchor. Chain will help, but is not required. These anchors are truly unbelievable and work very well with or without chain.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just to reinforce what @Jebinok and @DCB-270 are saying that chain is not necessary, my rear anchor is a 2 pound Mantus with no chain and it holds just fine also.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Chain is not required with the Mantus anchor. Chain will help, but is not required. These anchors are truly unbelievable and work very well with or without chain.
Thank you for confirming. I realize the chain's main purpose is 2 fold; add additional weight to the anchor (due to the buoyancy of the line) and to aid in laying the shank on the bed of the water. Interestingly, this Mantus anchor is designed to always force the shank down onto the bed. It appears to be anyways. Am I correct in thinking that?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I’ve never tried mine without chain...curious why you want no chain? Space issue?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I’ve never tried mine without chain...curious why you want no chain? Space issue?
Not so much a space issue. A few reasons: 1) weight, 2) chain always hit the boat somewhere, 3) weight - to heavy for my wife to lift out of the water (especially when they're muk/sand on it)

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Not so much a space issue. A few reasons: 1) weight, 2) chain always hit the boat somewhere, 3) weight - to heavy for my wife to lift out of the water (especially when they're muk/sand on it)
I was on the fence between getting the 8 or 13 based on the sizing charts from mantus. Decided to go with the 8 but I added 4’ of 3/8” vinyl coated hi viz chain. The chain probably adds 3-5 pounds but the wife is always at the helm while I pull the anchor so it’s not a problem.

The anchor has been great. Never had it pull out and only once I had it drag more than a couple feet before it set.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you for confirming. I realize the chain's main purpose is 2 fold; add additional weight to the anchor (due to the buoyancy of the line) and to aid in laying the shank on the bed of the water. Interestingly, this Mantus anchor is designed to always force the shank down onto the bed. It appears to be anyways. Am I correct in thinking that?
Yes, you are correct.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I only used a couple ft of chain and it’s fine.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got both the 8 and the 13. haven't used the 13 yet, keeping it as a storm anchor, but the 8lbs fits in the locker. I added some spacers so it can hang on top. We have used the 8lbs twice, and twice it has held extremely well. The second time too well, so I had to pull it, as my wife gave up.