• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mantus anchor. Awesome

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, guys.....after months of using the Mantus anchor, I am truly in love! In love enough with these anchors to start selling them! I have now opened an online store. We accept most credit cards and ship to your door.

www.GetAGripAnchors.com

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to ask away!

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I like it, looks good.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

TheGreekTitan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, guys.....after months of using the Mantus anchor, I am truly in love! In love enough with these anchors to start selling them! I have now opened an online store. We accept most credit cards and ship to your door.

www.GetAGripAnchors.com

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to ask away!
I have an 2015 SX210, and was thinking about getting an 8 lb for the bow to fit in the anchor locker, and an 2 lb for wet storage where the plugs are. Will this work? Meaning, will they fit, and work well? I'm right on the borderline via the chart for the 13 lb, but I know that won't fit in the anchor locker.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an 2015 SX210, and was thinking about getting an 8 lb for the bow to fit in the anchor locker, and an 2 lb for wet storage where the plugs are. Will this work? Meaning, will they fit, and work well? I'm right on the borderline via the chart for the 13 lb, but I know that won't fit in the anchor locker.
I use the 2# as a rear anchor on my AR240 and it has never given way yet and the area I boat has a pretty strong current.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes sir, that will work great. And it is my understanding that the 8lb will fit in your anchor locker. @Jebinok uses an 8lb for his SX210 and it fits in his anchor locker. He also uses a 2lb for the stern. You will not be disappointed! Our website is below. I look forward to working with you!

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought the 13lb from @farrelltravis for my ar240 and love it. It sets quick and stays there. I use it for shallow anchoring with only 50’ of rope that I keep coiled in a bucket and store them under my starboard front seat. I just grab the anchor and bucket and toss the anchor and the line just follows without tangling. I also use the Danik hook so I can make quick adjustments and clip it to the cleat. Service from @farrelltravis was great too.

TheGreekTitan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use the 2# as a rear anchor on my AR240 and it has never given way yet and the area I boat has a pretty strong current.
Yes sir, that will work great. And it is my understanding that the 8lb will fit in your anchor locker. @Jebinok uses an 8lb for his SX210 and it fits in his anchor locker. He also uses a 2lb for the stern. You will not be disappointed! Our website is below. I look forward to working with you!
Thanks fellas. I will be ordering both anchors either later today or tomorrow. Had an embarrassing moment yesterday when I didn't realize we had drifted so far and got pretty close to a group of tied up boaters.

Is it best to order through the website, or call you? Didn't know if there is any sort of discount with ordering both.

Thanks again

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks fellas. I will be ordering both anchors either later today or tomorrow. Had an embarrassing moment yesterday when I didn't realize we had drifted so far and got pretty close to a group of tied up boaters.

Is it best to order through the website, or call you? Didn't know if there is any sort of discount with ordering both.

Thanks again
Ordering from my website is probably better. I appreciate your business! You will fall in love with these anchors!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought the 13lb from @farrelltravis for my ar240 and love it. It sets quick and stays there. I use it for shallow anchoring with only 50’ of rope that I keep coiled in a bucket and store them under my starboard front seat. I just grab the anchor and bucket and toss the anchor and the line just follows without tangling. I also use the Danik hook so I can make quick adjustments and clip it to the cleat. Service from @farrelltravis was great too.
I'm glad you are loving your anchor! Thank you for the kind words!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
+1 on this use of the Danik hook.

I am not sure I would use it for overnight duty, but its speed and ease of use to dial in the exact amount of rode for optimal scope in busy day anchorages is worth its weight in gold. In 3+ seasons of consistent use, I never had a single issue with this application for the Danik hook.

TheGreekTitan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ordering from my website is probably better. I appreciate your business! You will fall in love with these anchors!
Just ordered the 2.5 lb kit with rope and bag for the swim deck wet storage, and the 8 lb for the anchor locker. Looking forward to trusting my anchor!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just ordered the 2.5 lb kit with rope and bag for the swim deck wet storage, and the 8 lb for the anchor locker. Looking forward to trusting my anchor!
Thank you SO MUCH for your orders! We greatly appreciate your business! You are going to love your anchors. I have full trust in my anchors, and you will soon also. Thanks again @TheGreekTitan !

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I hAve the 8 and 2. Works great on my 21.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an uneducated question, please: What happens if the Mantus hooks on a root or something? Is there some trick (short of diving) to retrieve it?

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Use a couple of zip ties and rig it like this. If it gets stuck. You’ll still be able to retrieve it.

75200EB8-D1DD-4D53-BF2D-F4E50ECDAE41.jpeg

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use a 13 in the front and a 8 in the bavk just because we are in the gulf here in FL and it gets a little windy.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use a 13 in the front and a 8 in the bavk just because we are in the gulf here in FL and it gets a little windy.
Your boat is not going to go anywhere! =)

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have an uneducated question, please: What happens if the Mantus hooks on a root or something? Is there some trick (short of diving) to retrieve it?
You can rig an anchor trip line with a marker buoy. Helps free a snagged anchor. And has the added benefit of helping to remind other boats to not cut across your anchor line.

A435B868-7224-43E0-A237-5C40CC5220C8.jpeg

TheGreekTitan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Thanks. I went with the 8 and 2.5, hoping they'll do the trick. @farrelltravis said that's what I needed. So if it doesn't work it's all on him.

Ha Ha, just kidding of course. He's been a pleasure to work with btw, and I alone made the decision on sizes. I spoke with a few guys at my lake, and they agreed with my size choices for the conditions we deal with. If I was in the Gulf like you, I'm sure I would have done exactly as you did. Thanks again for your input.