• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MarineMat issues

Uman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The MarineMat on my 2021 FSH looks real nice and very comfortable on the foot, but there is a problem.
Three of the mat hold down snaps just came out of the deck on their own; either the pilot hole was too large or the screw was too short. The hole is now over sized and will not hold the snap in place. Theses snaps came out from very light foot traffic, since I only had the boat out 6 or 8 times. I suspect every one of the remaining snaps will give way eventually. I will call MarineMat tomorrow and ask if they have a larger/longer screw size. McMaster Carr does not stock these.

On another note;
I pulled the loose mats up and discovered a mess....
Tree debris (pollen, seedlings, leaves, etc.) got underneath the mat, got wet and caused nasty stains on the fiberglass deck; and it did not take much.
I pulled up all the mats and did a deep cleaning. The only way I was able to remove the stains was with good ole comet cleanser and a lot of scrubbing.
The mats are not going back on, except for special occasions. Too bad, I really liked them.
-Uman

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bummer…. Hope you are able to find a solution to this issue.

My 210 only came with the mat at the helm, and it too catches all manner of debris. Recently I stayed at a campground with big cottonwoods all through the campground. These cottonwoods were dropping this little seed pods that glued themselves to the deck and left a mustard colored stain. I used some Mr. Clean eraser pads to get the stains out. An experienced friend on mine said he used to use soft scrub with bleach to get stubborn stains off of the deck.

I think it is a good idea to shoot a little bit of silicone spray into the female side of the snaps to make them easier to get on and off. You may have to just have to epoxy or use 5200 to fill the holes, let it cure and then redrill the holes to the correct size. For that matter, when you reinstall them, you can put some 5200 on them and it will glue the to the deck as well as securing the screw.