• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Minn Kota trolling motor mount.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have some questions on mounting a Minn Kota ULterra trolling motor on a FSH 255 Sport E. I have read all of the posts on this subject on how the factory mount is weak. Has anyone used a different mount that is not custom made? Has anyone used the Shuttle Slide mount? Does it help when you use it in conjunction with the factory mount?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have some questions on mounting a Minn Kota ULterra trolling motor on a FSH 255 Sport E. I have read all of the posts on this subject on how the factory mount is weak. Has anyone used a different mount that is not custom made? Has anyone used the Shuttle Slide mount? Does it help when you use it in conjunction with the factory mount?
Do a search in the center console forum. I know for sure one member installed that set up recently…

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use spot lock on my Minn Kota. I have a 2020 AR210 and in a 3-4 knot current in the river it keeps me in position.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I use spot lock in rivers, at 2-4 knots, light wind and it works. I have a 36v Minn Kota, 210 FSH. I am also able to jog, any direction in the current.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Last year, I installed a Minn Kota quick release bracket on a Shuttle Slide mount on my Sport E. (I have a MotorGuide trolling motor on a Minn Kota quick release.)

You'll need these from ShuttleSlide:

And this plate from Minn Kota:

And your choice of thru-bolts, nuts, and washers to attach the Shuttle Slide to the top of your gunwale.

daaaddy27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Also curious about this, but for the Lowrance Ghost that I just purchased. I see everyone post pictures of their custom mounts with a quick release, but I bought a few quick release mounts that I want to try on the Ghost. And I'm new to all of this so I have no idea if I'm supposed to mount the quick mount to an additional mount?? 🤪

Mount.

(did you say meow?)

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Last year, I installed a Minn Kota quick release bracket on a Shuttle Slide mount on my Sport E. (I have a MotorGuide trolling motor on a Minn Kota quick release.)

You'll need these from ShuttleSlide:

And this plate from Minn Kota:

And your choice of thru-bolts, nuts, and washers to attach the Shuttle Slide to the top of your gunwale.
Did you have any issue with mounting the Motorguide to the Minn Kota quick release? Why did you opt for the Minn Kota quick release instead of the MotorGuide quick release?

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you have any issue with mounting the Motorguide to the Minn Kota quick release? Why did you opt for the Minn Kota quick release instead of the MotorGuide quick release?
I read way too many complaints on The Hull Truth from owners of the two different models of Motorguide quick-release mounts. Also, comparing the two Motorguide mounts vs. the Minn Kota RTA-54, the Minn Kota is far beefier.

The mounting holes for the Motorguide align perfectly with the holes in the RTA-54. The only issue is that the RTA-54's holes are countersunk for flat-head bolts, so you need to put the nylock nuts on the foot of the trolling motor... and the way the foot of the Motorguide i5 is shaped, you need an open-end wrench with "pointy" jaws to grab the nylocks at 60° angle, because one face of the nut is jammed right up against the vertical wall of the motor's foot.

See attached photo. I'm using my mini Knipex parallel-jaw pliers to grab the nylocks along the foot of the Motorguide.

Attachments

Last edited:

Spg1582

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Hello, I recently installed a shuttle slide mount on my fsh 255 e. The factory mount bent and broke. Shuttle slide rep was great. They keep track of customers boat fitments and advise on what to get. Great company.