• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving the Captain's Seat backwards

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
After years of being a Football player, Heavy Weight Wrestler, and a Rugby Player. I have grown some big ol' calves and thighs. Currently the seat is a little too far forward when standing up. The seat pushed my calves forward and the steering wheel digs into my thighs. Making me unbalanced and uncomfortable.

I was wondering if any one has moved their captain's seat/chair backwards a little bit.

TIA.

Ok I'm assuming you've adjusted back as far as it will go because there is some adjustment. In answer to your question I have not attempted to move mine back. John

I bought the seat post with adjustable height. With it set a little higher, I was able to slide the seat back further, and it actually goes over top the seat behind it some. That free'd up a lot of room for standing while driving

I bought the seat post with adjustable height. With it set a little higher, I was able to slide the seat back further, and it actually goes over top the seat behind it some. That free'd up a lot of room for standing while driving

This is a good point. Those of us that had to drill and tap new holes for the seat post upgrade started to realize, there is no specific spot that the seat post is mounted to. So it could be moved back.

That being said. That particular location does have an aluminum backing plate below the gelcote floor. I would assume that is under that whole area, but it may be worth opening the fuel door and taking a peek with a flashlight to confirm. That and you would have some holes to fill with 5200 or cover with seadek etc.

Also, if you do have custom flooring mats, carpet etc, the post position will be off, and you will need to adjust the custom flooring.

Good luck.

PS: some have removed the bolster as well to give them some more thigh/calf room. We ran into that when we raised the seat. The space between seat and steering wheel was not adequate.

Last edited:
H
This is a good point. Those of us that had to drill and tap new holes for the seat post upgrade started to realize, there is no specific spot that the seat post is mounted to. So it could be moved back.

That being said. That particular location does have an aluminum backing place below the gelcote floor. I would assume that is under that whole area, but it may be worth opening the fuel door and taking a peek with a flashlight to confirm. That and you would have some holes to fill with 5200 or cover with seadek etc.

Also, if you do have custom flooring mats, carpet etc, the post position will be off, and you will need to adjust the custom flooring.

Good luck.

PS: some have removed the bolster as well to give them some more thigh/calf room. We ran into that when we raised the seat. The space between seat and steering wheel was not adequate.
How do you remove the bolster?

H

How do you remove the bolster?

I'm assuming it is just screwed or riveted to the side of the seat. I was told ours broke off on a trip to bimini. So we purchased it without the bolster. With the high seat now, I can't say that I have ever missed it. I like having a full seat back.

I guess being small has it's advantages. I do need my seat to be higher. Going to change the pedestal out once the supply chain issues stop.

I want a new seat altogether. I like having a bolster, it just isn't a comfortable seat. Ours is a 2016, I'm sure they've come a long way.

What seat did ya’ll buy? I need to do this! I have an AR210. Thanks

Back