• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving to The Dark Side. Pilot House w/F300. Just because... it's Atlantic Northeast.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Ok a bump for a good read……updates on the Tuna runs??

Also, I am shocked the Parker will hit 50+ with the 300hp….that is very impressive for a boat that size and weight!

Plus we can live vicariously through you, which saves us a ton of money lol…..

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quick update, just because...

I used to think our Yammie was the most versatile boat, ever. Well, the Parker is on a whole different level. It's not a super maneuverable shallow water boat, but... it a BEAST.

I leave her sitting in salt, hose her off with fresh water after use; rinse and repeat.

It is the simplicity I've always wanted (in a boat).

Here is the last weekend, temps are droppppping... Frost in the morning some days, already.

1636506733604.jpeg

1636506760420.jpeg

1636506775185.jpeg

1636506814909.png

1636506836429.jpeg

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is a dry ride, too.

We have been out offshore in some real 4-5' seas. No pics - I can't hold a camera under those conditions, even in autopilot mode. It's a wild ride in that size boat. But it does it without any hesitation, and no one feels unsafe.

Here we are plowing up Hudson at about 40-45mph hitting a ferry wake or some chop, but everyone is dry, lol:

1636507125342.png

1636507165608.png

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Wow….very Impressive!

How is the fresh-caught tuna lol???

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow….very Impressive!

How is the fresh-caught tuna lol???
No sir! Can't do. We are not great at fishing. Yet.

I KNOW!!! We missed huge tuna (BFT) season here in NJ this year, huge BFTs caught all over the place where we boat, unbelievable!

Oh, well.

We do bring some fresh catch home here and there, nothing to brag about, though, unfortunately.
1636606851599.jpeg

I will say, did some culinary experimentation this year, it was fun:

Sand/Cape Shark aka Dogfish - we tried to see if it can be made into a meal of sustainably harvested fish.

It worked, kind of.

I was told the thing is considered staple in the UK - it is served as fish-and-chips there; there is large industry supporting it - apparently thousands of pounds of dogfish are exported from NE to UK - yes, dogfish!

I had to try it!

Catching them is easy enough around here - in Raritan Bay, and most people around here throw them right back.

Well, we kept some.

1636609150786.jpeg

There are a few things I've learned.

Like all sharks, dogfish lack a traditional urinary tract, so they concentrate urea, a waste product, in their blood and excrete it through their skin. The trick is, as soon as it’s caught, dogfish must be gutted, bled and chilled (otherwise, the urea remains in the flesh, and an ammonia smell develops) - easy to do in my Parker with a livewell and a good supply of ice!

Cleaning it - well, that's different story.

One needs to go biblical on them, and I mean - old testament-style! lol

1636607907028.jpeg
1636607961587.jpeg
1636607976453.jpeg
1636608032503.png

1636608107159.jpeg

Well, once you done, cooking is easy - fish fry time! Koji style in my case.

1636608226391.jpeg

Pan-fried goodness!

1636608293343.jpeg

Prepared and served well, it is amazing!

1636608411435.jpeg

I can see, however, how the lack of attention to detail can ruin this meal, fast.
This fish needs to be super fresh, properly harvested and cooked. Or bust.

--

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It is a dry ride, too.

We have been out offshore in some real 4-5' seas. No pics - I can't hold a camera under those conditions, even in autopilot mode. It's a wild ride in that size boat. But it does it without any hesitation, and no one feels unsafe.

Here we are plowing up Hudson at about 40-45mph hitting a ferry wake or some chop, but everyone is dry, lol:

View attachment 166898

View attachment 166899
There is something to be said about a purpose built offshore boat. Yes, you can take a Yamaha offshore and to Bimini, will it be a more enjoyable ride across in a purpose built offshore boat, of course.

Nice photos!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1637286021615.jpeg
Thank God we can experience all these things in life, and be on the water.
I feel so blessed.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you, guys!

There is such strength in the One World Trade Center, I tell you, we are good!

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My least favorite time of year - pulling the boat out for the winter!
This weekend we took one last short trip, and pulled her home. I managed to clean and condition the whole boat over the last couple of days (nights, lol), still working on new cover.
1638936392289.png
1638936463965.png
1638936482851.png
1638936756041.png
1638936498556.png
1638936516259.png
1638936539454.png

All done.
1638936913435.png

The Yammie got pulled and cleaned earlier, and today I installed the Pali heater in the AR240 bilge; leaving all the batteries in the boats, with chargers plugged, seems to work fine.

and then... see-you-again-in-March!
1638936577518.png

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What systems, if any require require Winterization on the Parker? Is the motor self draining? Time to tear up the side yard...a heated "carriage house" would be the ideal facility for that location. Just find a couple of 14' high doors that will fit the architecture. BTW, How have you been?

Last edited:

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How many hours did you rack up on the Parker in your inaugural season?
Thanks for the pics and sharing your adventures!!

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What systems, if any require require Winterization on the Parker? Time to tear up the side yard...a heated "carriage house" would be the ideal facility for that location. Just find a couple of 14' high doors that will fit the architecture. BTW, How have you been?
Curious on winterization as well for the Yamaha outboard. I have a Mercury outboard on my pontoon and new to the whole winterization on outboards thing. I changed oil, filter, fuel stabilizer, fogged cylinders, (still need to do lower gear oil).
Hopefully that is good enough, definitely a couple more steps than the Yamaha, but one less engine so time-wise about equal.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Curious on winterization as well for the Yamaha outboard. I have a Mercury outboard on my pontoon and new to the whole winterization on outboards thing. I changed oil, filter, fuel stabilizer, fogged cylinders, (still need to do lower gear oil).
Hopefully that is good enough, definitely a couple more steps than the Yamaha, but one less engine so time-wise about equal.
I just did a Mercury 150hp Four Stroke outboard this fall for a buddy. Easiest fall maintenance ever, including my Yamaha boat. Merc makes it so easy as every fill point and drain is color coded with drip rings, and you get to stand beside it instead of upside down in an engine bay!

I liked the fact, that you can hook the hose directly to the motor for flushing. And the drip ring around the oil filter catches every drop while swapping. Let alone the small hose in the kit, that helps keep all the mess in your oil pan. Yamaha could take some notes from this motor company, as I thought my yamaha was easy, this was easier. Yamaha outboards are about as easy.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All I did with my Yamaha 90 outboard was change oil in the lower unit, fuel stabilizer in the fuel and new plugs in the spring. Outboards are super easy.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What systems, if any require require Winterization on the Parker? Is the motor self draining? Time to tear up the side yard...a heated "carriage house" would be the ideal facility for that location. Just find a couple of 14' high doors that will fit the architecture. BTW, How have you been?
There is not much, mostly conditioning and corrosion prevention for me. I did do a final long flush with SaltAway, and hit major lubrication points in the steering and trim, after that it's 303AP all over inside and outside surfaces, I leave it thick on upholstery and all seals like windows etc., and then I spray all metal fittings and connectors including in the bilge with CRC6-56, which this year I started mixing with 1/10 of CorrossionX concentrate (from a gallon container) - using a sprayer. I also hit EVERYTHING I can reach in the trailer with focus on brake components, soaked in this CRC6-56+CX stuff.
I was debating another change o/f etc. but it will wait till spring. I'm at about 80-90 hours, so it can wait. I have two "100 hr kits" in stock.

That's about it. Cleaning and conditioning took me over two afternoons, just because, I kind of like doing it. Plus, scrubbing the hull takes some time anyway.
These boats are wonderfully simple and maintenance is a breeze. With the winter storage, I make sure the bow is raised as high I it can go for a while so that everything drains out, then I leave all hatches, cabin doors, and all compartments open, or crack open, under the cover, everything is remove, but I leave batteries in plugged on a charger.
303 and CRC soaking pretty much eliminates any potential damage from freezing water trapped in seals and crevices, that's why I spend time doing it.
We pulled a permit for storing a boat in our backyard which is required by our township (no HOA), would love to build a barn at some point but it's not trivial, permit wise, in this place.

BTW - things are going great, except I probably work too much, but no complains.
I am very excited about our upcoming visit/short ski vacation in your neighborhood - taking the family to Jay Peak Resort around Xmas for few days!
I can not wait! I'm actually so curious about the place, I have not been there in... over twenty years. And boy, did things change - it is a huge/expensive resort now, and I see they have a water park.
Always been my favorite ski place, so really looking forward to it. We are renting one of those fancy cottages, should be fun.

--

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, that's pretty much it, except I do not fog, I expect to be back in the water by early March, so it really is just a couple of months sitting on the hard. I do have a pretty extensive corrosion protection regimen I use for both boat and trailer.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How many hours did you rack up on the Parker in your inaugural season?
Thanks for the pics and sharing your adventures!!
Thank you sir. Let us know if you ever visit in these parts, I give great "Manhattan tours" on water.
I'm somewhere between 80 and 90 hours, it was a short season for us.

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is not much, mostly conditioning and corrosion prevention for me. I did do a final long flush with SaltAway, and hit major lubrication points in the steering and trim, after that it's 303AP all over inside and outside surfaces, I leave it thick on upholstery and all seals like windows etc., and then I spray all metal fittings and connectors including in the bilge with CRC6-56, which this year I started mixing with 1/10 of CorrossionX concentrate (from a gallon container) - using a sprayer. I also hit EVERYTHING I can reach in the trailer with focus on brake components, soaked in this CRC6-56+CX stuff.
I was debating another change o/f etc. but it will wait till spring. I'm at about 80-90 hours, so it can wait. I have two "100 hr kits" in stock.

That's about it. Cleaning and conditioning took me over two afternoons, just because, I kind of like doing it. Plus, scrubbing the hull takes some time anyway.
These boats are wonderfully simple and maintenance is a breeze. With the winter storage, I make sure the bow is raised as high I it can go for a while so that everything drains out, then I leave all hatches, cabin doors, and all compartments open, or crack open, under the cover, everything is remove, but I leave batteries in plugged on a charger.
303 and CRC soaking pretty much eliminates any potential damage from freezing water trapped in seals and crevices, that's why I spend time doing it.
We pulled a permit for storing a boat in our backyard which is required by our township (no HOA), would love to build a barn at some point but it's not trivial, permit wise, in this place.

BTW - things are going great, except I probably work too much, but no complains.
I am very excited about our upcoming visit/short ski vacation in your neighborhood - taking the family to Jay Peak Resort around Xmas for few days!
I can not wait! I'm actually so curious about the place, I have not been there in... over twenty years. And boy, did things change - it is a huge/expensive resort now, and I see they have a water park.
Always been my favorite ski place, so really looking forward to it. We are renting one of those fancy cottages, should be fun.

--
Good to hear. Jay has changed a lot in 20 years. The border closing hurt them quite a bit. You will be driving right by us, within a couple of miles. Maybe we could meet you guys up there for lunch or something one day if things work out.