• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving to The Dark Side. Pilot House w/F300. Just because... it's Atlantic Northeast.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After months of deliberations we decided to pull the trigger. Looked at a lot of boats which was fun.
Today was the last sea trial, we finally got to ride the Parker 2320 SC SL (DV). It's a no thrills battle wagon that's built like a tank. We loved it.

The boat will be custom built, we were lucky to get one of the last 2021 build slots. We are packing her with most all options available, and then some, radar w/offshore electronics, second helm on the deck etc. The F300 outboard, just look at the size of that thing (Kate is 5'8" for scale). We cruised at about 35mph at ~4,000RPM, and then ran WOT at about 52mph, pretty sweet, and this boat is 31 LOA.

The boat is being built in the NC factory, we will be getting updates, Kate may be able to visit there; most likely taking possession in the Spring, Feb/March if all goes well. Fingers crossed.

Here are some pics from our sea trial today - not the actual boat we are buying but the same basic model.

1604205592898.png
1604205633441.png
1604205648169.png
1604205659780.png
1604205679443.png
1604205689489.png
1604205706079.png
1604205715878.png
1604205740125.png

--

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keeping the Yamaha?

What are going to do with all that deck space? Dance parties at sea? Tent space for the girls to sleep on deck? Giant ballast bags for super ginormous surf wave?

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow, Congratulations! My family has an older Parker same style (I/O) on LI..heavy duty and sea worthy! I prefer the outboard also..engine is awesome and good choice :winkingthumbsup"
Looking forward to the updates..I dream of having two boats!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How was the noise output from that 300 as compared to your twin 180's? Kate sits back there on the Yamaha too. Is one more comfortable than the other?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow, Congratulations! ...Looking forward to the updates..I dream of having two boats!
Be careful what you dream of...It's called "boat creep". We now have 4 registerable boats.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keeping the Yamaha?
What are going to do with all that deck space? Dance parties at sea? Tent space for the girls to sleep on deck? Giant ballast bags for super ginormous surf wave?
Yes we are definitely keep the yammie. Kids would kill me otherwise, and I wouldn't want to be without it around here on the lake and when the weather is good. Frankly, the main reason it took us so long to decide is how difficult (in my opinion) is to replace a YJB, they are so versatile and so capable.

The new PH deck is indeed impressive, we will probably wait a season to see how much of tuna/billfishing we can actually do and maybe add a fighting chair, maybe tower, dive gear and tank racks if I somehow manage to get back into scuba and spearfishing. We are adding a full second station too so that takes some space. For now, long neck bean bags! and a removable factory sunshade that covers the whole deck and can be up at speed, need protection for kids on those sunny days.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, Congratulations! My family has an older Parker same style (I/O) on LI..heavy duty and sea worthy! I prefer the outboard also..engine is awesome and good choice :winkingthumbsup"
Looking forward to the updates..I dream of having two boats!
Yeah, as far as small craft PH are pretty much all you see around here this time of year, I remember my Boston winters in a small CC, couldn't do that anymore, I'm too old. Funny thing is, I was kind of hell bent on a getting a Steiger to blend in, lol, but Parker will do.

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Cool boat - down here Parkers have a good reputation as a more basic (as you noted) very reliable and reasonably priced boat. We looked at them at the Savannah boat show.

Up there, the pilot house, I mean Sport Cabin, will make 9 months of the year much more enjoyable.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just don't forget the crap that @outonthereef went through and examine that boat carefully at delivery (and tell them that you will be in advance!).

Totally different boat...but great for a rainy Bimini crossing!!!!
Yessir! I'm very well aware of this ordeal, lol. I will refrain from commenting on the whole deal and the OOTR.
Let's just say... I had to take Parker's side after their response was revealed, and OOTR's dealings came to light, not worth debating.

But yes, after having spent years fixing poor fastener/screw/sealant/"they all leak" work in my brand new Yamaha (I'm on my third center windshield piece for the hull flexing so much they keep caving...lol), I'm sure as hell I will be trying hard to not buying another new boat that has any QC issues! We will see. Good thing is, there are very, actually very few Parker horror stories. Given they are used almost exclusively off shore, it's hard to find a more solid brand as far as track record.

A couple of often overlooked things about Parkers are they make two types of hulls with similar cockpits and cabins/consoles, using modified (MV) or deep V bottom; DV is the offshore hull, the MV pounds in rough water.
They also still use 3 piece hull construction abandoned by most mass manufacturers as cost prohibitive, all switched to 2 piece hulls, and that's only because how Mr Parker runs the company (it has not changed since it's acquisition by Correct Craft, by the way also a fantastic manufacturer of my other favorite boats - Centurion and Nautique).

So, ironically, the solid, old fashioned manual floor assembly process in the setting of 3 piece hull construction created a "crooked" Parker; that boat however was not compromised in any other way, other than esthetics.

--

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How was the noise output from that 300 as compared to your twin 180's? Kate sits back there on the Yamaha too. Is one more comfortable than the other?
As far as noise, it's hard to compare with our jet boats. Those big new Yamaha outboards are almost silent at idle and basically humming or whisper quiet at cruise. The back is the quietest. Sitting at the stern at WOT it's just a humming sound, not really noise, albeit it seems more throaty with the 300s compared to 225 or 250, I would say, all very comfortable. That was probably the biggest surprise to us - how the very large open cockpit in the 2320 is so protected, I guess by the pilot house, sitting out there is so comfortable. Kate commented on this, too, because she gets cold fast in cold weather, it was in the 30s yesterday morning when we went out, she stayed in the back for probably half an hour, I couldn't believe it.

In general, a pilot house with the door closed - sound level is somewhat amplified, I think that's just the nature of the beast, we found the same in Steigers, maybe even more as those have no carpet inside the cabin on the walls. That said, the sound level is still way lower as compared to my 240 cockpit, and I have more sound proofing and polyurethane foam in my hull than anyone else I know, lol.

Personally, what I like most about Parkers is how they feel really rugged, in a good way, old school. It's sort of like CJ Wranglers used to be, w/no bs before they got cushy and plastic-y.

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My joking aside...That is a nice looking, well built boat. I am sure it will serve you well, in your new location and any future crossings. I agree with you on the outcome with OOTR. Just please do not cut a hole for a window sized air conditioner in your boat. Enuf said.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My joking aside...That is a nice looking, well built boat. I am sure it will serve you well, in your new location and any future crossings. I agree with you on the outcome with OOTR. Just please do not cut a hole for an air conditioner in your boat. Enuf said.
lolol, no worries, the only climate control in our pilot house will be body heat!

--

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats @swatski ! You will have so many adventures in that boat ! Love that you are keeping the yammie ! Hoping in the next year or two we will buy a cruiser for our 2nd boat.

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes we are definitely keep the yammie. Kids would kill me otherwise, and I wouldn't want to be without it around here on the lake and when the weather is good. Frankly, the main reason it took us so long to decide is how difficult (in my opinion) is to replace a YJB, they are so versatile and so capable.

The new PH deck is indeed impressive, we will probably wait a season to see how much of tuna/billfishing we can actually do and maybe add a fighting chair, maybe tower, dive gear and tank racks if I somehow manage to get back into scuba and spearfishing. We are adding a full second station too so that takes some space. For now, long neck bean bags! and a removable factory sunshade that covers the whole deck and can be up at speed, need protection for kids on those sunny days.

--
Can't go wrong with two boats. I love the Parker Pilothouse. Great looking, rugged boat. "Two Thumbs Up" on second helm station. Great choice, swatski! Go getcha some fishes!!

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats hope it’s not a crooked pilot house boat lol kidding of course

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, ironically, the solid, old fashioned manual floor assembly process in the setting of 3 piece hull construction created a "crooked" Parker; that boat however was not compromised in any other way, other than esthetics.

--
which is the reason why he refused to have the boat replaced and simply cash out of it. Freeloading attitude is you ask me. Anyway I will stop so not to take away from main topic here.