• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving to The Dark Side. Pilot House w/F300. Just because... it's Atlantic Northeast.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
She looks like she's smiling, but I'm not sure I believe her...taking a boat ride - but in a big coat, beanie and mittens...doesn't add up lol. Jokes aside, does look like a beefy vessel.
They just confirmed, Kate is excited, wants to visit the factory. Which is great, she picked this exact boat.

This - coming soon:

1604520699718.png

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We rushed earlier to get one of the last build slots for this year, glad we did. Good things just never stay the same too, too long... lol.
This was only a matter of time after the sale to Correct Craft. Maybe they will make PArkers better. Somehow I doubt it.

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 4, 2020

Parker Family steps away from Parker Boats

Beaufort, NC – Today, after much thought and deliberation, Linwood Parker, Trudy Parker and Robin Parker step away from running Parker Boats. Effective immediately.

“Our time in the marine industry has been great” states Linwood and Trudy Parker. “Many lifetime friendships have been derived through our factory, valued dealer networks, long standing business partners, national boat shows and marine industry events.”

Linwood and Trudy Parker started Parker Marine in 1970 building large trawlers. In 1979, Parker introduced the fiberglass models represented today. The current manufacturing plant was built in Beaufort, NC in 1986 and has produced thousands of boats beloved by owners nationwide.

“We have a great crew that have supported our family business for years. Folks that have been together with us for 30+ years. They are long-term, dedicated boat builders, the finest of craftsmen and we could not have accomplished what we have without them. Their fine attention to detail and unswerving pride in our product has made Parker Boats what is today,” Robin Parker reflects. “We are all family here, that is the special signature upon each boat we have built.”

Parker has cultivated a first-class, dealer network of over thirty (30) valued dealers across the United States. A network of marine professionals who have championed our product, its strength, its simplicity and its seaworthiness. The hallmarks of a Parker Boat.

“Over the years we have been fortunate to do business with the best of the best dealers in the industry. Obviously through the past forty-five (45) years there have been ups and downs in our economy, however, our dealers have supported us as a member of the Parker family, and lifted us to grow through thick and thin. For that, we are forever grateful,” Linwood Parker states.

Linwood says, “Thanks to everyone that have supported me and my family in this endeavor.”

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski I hope your do not start cost saving measures right away. 🙏

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski I hope your do not start cost saving measures right away. 🙏
What do you mean exactly, my dear Greek friend? lol
Buying a boat is never a prudent fiscal move, but right now we know exactly what we want and as long as we can get it we'll be so happy!
That's why I'm not really bargain hunting, the plan is to run this parker for the next twenty years until it runs no more, lol.

--

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What do you mean exactly, my dear Greek friend? lol
Buying a boat is never a prudent fiscal move, but right now we know exactly what we want and as long as we can get it we'll be so happy!
That's why I'm not really bargain hunting, the plan is to run this parker for the next twenty years until it runs no more, lol.

--
I think he was referring to the boat builders and hoping they don’t start cutting corners before getting your boat done now that Parker’s have stepped away.

Btw, good fo see you resurface for a bit. Hope you’ve been weathering the pandemic well and flourishing in your new position. 😀

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski, it seems that @BigAbe75 is better at reading Greek than you my friend LOL.

in all seriousness I am bit worried you bought that boat. If you are willing to cross to the Bahamas on a YJB, I don't have it beyond you to start planning a cross Atlantic trip.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski, it seems that @BigAbe75 is better at reading Greek than you my friend LOL.

in all seriousness I am bit worried you bought that boat. If you are willing to cross to the Bahamas on a YJB, I don't have it beyond you to start planning a cross Atlantic trip.
Okay, I get it, the previous post. Thanks @BigAbe75.
I guess we will see about parker, I'm not too worried though. Unless they start cutting on polyester in the next month or so we should be okay, lol.

Not planning any European vacations in this new boat but I'm sure we will pull some crazy a$$ trips around here, plan on the canyons.

--

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Okay, I get it, the previous post. Thanks @BigAbe75.
I guess we will see about parker, I'm not too worried though. Unless they start cutting on polyester in the next month or so we should be okay, lol.

Not planning any European vacations in this new boat but I'm sure we will pull some crazy a$$ trips around here, plan on the canyons.

--
So, Swatski family trip to Greenland in August 2021! Fair weather, following seas, and a shitload of jerry cans to you!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Let me know when the 1st offshore fishing trip is ill do my best to be there :)

Congrats nice boat

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me know when the 1st offshore fishing trip is ill do my best to be there :)
Congrats nice boat
Sure thing, I can not wait myself.
Without any extra fuel cans or bladders, the range will be pretty awesome, more than enough for day or even o/n trips, probably around 300 miles in good weather. That puts a lot of good locations within reach!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very good news about Parker new management; that said, there is zero question in my mind Parker prices are not going to stay the same when Mr Nautique guy takes over at the helm, lol.

--

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very good news about Parker new management; that said, there is zero question in my mind Parker prices are not going to stay the same when Mr Nautique guy takes over at the helm, lol.

--
You've got a contract with locked pricing, correct? Particularly given how hot the market is, expect he will address this very quickly. 100% of a sticking price increase falls directly to the bottom line.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You've got a contract with locked pricing, correct? Particularly given how hot the market is, expect he will address this very quickly. 100% of a sticking price increase falls directly to the bottom line.
Yessir, we figured it was time to move fast. We put down about 20% in cash just to secure the build slot, they pretty much accepted all mods we want and it only bumped us back few weeks, apparently.

This was a bit of a tricky decision I must say, but... once Kate set her eyes on this particular model, and that was during the last boat show we attended here in NJ, I figured it was time to pull the trigger. We were very fortunate to have 4 Parker dealers here in driving distance in NJ/LI to choose from, albeit we quickly decided where we want to go, only really engaged two of them. We looked at a lot of used boats, too, different brands, but realized we need to go new build to get what we want, or else.

In general, the way I see it, those specific boats, the 2320 DV pilot houses Parker builds, have now run their course and the builder really perfected the things that were missing or off over the years without changing the model, they just tweaked things and kept making small structural changes; as a result, I feel these boats, when you ride them and just crawl around, they check every box as far as things I care about in a boat I want to keep for a long time. Well, we'll see how that works out, eventually, lol.

As an aside, I'm also fairly certain the new ownership will quickly try to do the obvious, to beef up profits. I predict the new Correct Craft guys will go full-"Super-Nautique" on those poor Parkers, lol, and make them look smashing - which frankly is going to be very easy to do given how baren and basic they are made now, cosmetically, but this will be reflected in the sticker no doubt.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski THIS IS AWESOME NEWS !!

I can't wait to hear more about the build and subsequent fishing and adventure boating !
I would be glad to share my (somewhat limited) knowledge on Key West Lobstering.
:winkingthumbsup"
Absolutely, it is going to be a long winter waiting, lol, but it sounds like they do give regular updates on the build and Kate is scheduled to visit the factory, so that should be fun. Stay tuned!

--

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
there is so much to do here and so little time! (yeah, I just got back from work, about to crush, lol)
We may do the lake this weekend, I need to catch up on some wakesurfing!
I'm heading out with moms in a few hours it's freaking gorgeous.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski you gotta update that location. Toto, you're not in St Louis anymore!
Done! Thanks, keep reminding myself we're the new kids in Tony Soprano old neighborhood, lol.

--