• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving to The Dark Side. Pilot House w/F300. Just because... it's Atlantic Northeast.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fortunately, they send a second email with real pics.

Kind of exciting, I must say, never had anything like that done before.

1607392601215.png
1607392639378.png
1607392671656.png
1607392722543.png

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quick update from Parker. Exciting!

First, their customary "she floats" message (still, pretty funny)
1608602220947.png

Followed by a couple of new pics "making headway":
1608602320898.png
Shows the 3-piece hull construction; recessed floor in the cabin, dive door, bilge/battery compartment, and anchor locker in the bow.
1608602366652.png

--

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hard to imagine how long it takes to actually build a boat. So used to seeing a car pop up hour.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A very nice Mr Parker guy sent another pic for Kate, as she's relentless asking; said there was not much to see as they are spraying gelcoat and everything is papered up... IDK.
1610078559123.png

--

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski a "no news is good news" response is still better than not knowing. Seems like Parker has some excellent communication. Not that many companies are setting the bar that high nowadays.

What's the tentative delivery date at this point?

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats! I’m looking for something similar for my Alaska move. I‘m thinking of Hewescraft aluminum hull.
I’m looking for all opinions from the brain trust here. It has served me well for two years!
Hewescraft
F6356CBC-906E-4DCB-9DD8-4A64480C1039.jpeg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Apparently, our Parker is scheduled for dealer delivery this Wednesday. I'll be so relieved when that's done, the shortages have been terrible lately especially w/big Yamaha motors but also pretty much everything marine coming from abroad. we got lucky, jumped on the second last built slip for the year; but I'm not celebrating until I see her delivered.

it's gonna be a while before we take actual possession, still needs a bunch of dealer installed mods and electronics, and then barrier and bottom paint etc., trailer.

I'm excited though and looking forward to it, I keep telling Kate Parkers are such great family boats.

1611452792912.png

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did not know you had so much ink. :winkingthumbsup" I think it would be more family friendly with Kate wearing it. LOL

BTW, that is ahead of schedule isn't it? It seems like just a couple of weeks ago, Christmas time, they were spraying gelcoat on the inner hull.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well... things just got a lot more real!

The boat arrived today at the dealer lot in NJ, ahead of schedule.
But, I won't be able to get to her until the weekend at the earliest.

They sent us some pics - dammmm she looks good! like a freaking humvee, I will admit I'm pretty excited.

1611700996260.png
1611701224888.png
1611701276306.png
1611701302968.png

We also need a bigger slip... the boat is 31' LOA, actually a bit more with the motor up.

--

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very exciting !!!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome! That is quite a pulpit. Does it incorporate an anchor roller and a windlass? Is that the trailer or a loaner? And I have to ask...What is the loaded weight sitting on the trailer?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And why is it hanging so far off of the bowstop? Is it supposed to be like that?

I was admiring the beauty, then I went eek! I don't want it to fall off...

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome! That is quite a pulpit. Does it incorporate an anchor roller and a windlass? Is that the trailer or a loaner? And I have to ask...What is the loaded weight sitting on the trailer?
Yes, for anchor roller, windlass, very nice actually (those are options... we left nothing off of the options list, and I'm not joking, lol).

The trailer is TBD - will probably be ours, not a loaner; the thing is, I wanted one with bunks not rollers; apparently back ordered forever; they offered the one with rollers which is a few hundred dollars more at no extra charge, so I think I'll take it.

The weight, loaded w/motor, fuel, etc., is going to be somewhere in the 5,000-5,500 range, add the trailer - figure the combo pushing ~7,000 probably.
I'll find out. These boats are (relatively) light and 8'6" beam - so no extra permits.
Many owners pull with a 1/2 ton. Now, will I tow as much as do with my Yammie? - heck no. But should be able to manage pulling it up and down the shore, locally, and between the home and the slip few times a year; would like to do my own service and maintenance as much as possible.

--

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And why is it hanging so far off of the bowstop? Is it supposed to be like that?
My guess would be they are protecting the shrink wrap/cover? That trailer there probably has zero miles on it, I saw them ship the boats from factory and they use big flatbed trucks.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is going to be v-e-r-y long few months...

But...

When I close my eyes...

I can already see myself there:

1611712374162.png

EDIT: who wants to come along tuna fishing? starting around June in these parts...!

--

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man @swatski that got real fast. I have so many trailer questions, and wow 31' LOA is much larger than I had in my head of a 26' boat. Although in retrospect 5' added for the motor and pulpit doesn't sound outrageous.

Congrats on the new toy. Time to start planning a trip down the coast by water to meet with the Bimini crew headed over this year.......I'm assuming this thing would handle a Bimini trip with zero issues.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is going to be v-e-r-y long few months...

But...

When I close my eyes...

I can already see myself there:

View attachment 140924

EDIT: who wants to come along kill tuna? starting around June in these parts...!

--
If you get tired of eating all that Tuna, remember that there is a big 120mi long Lake in my neck of the woods, just 6hrs North of you. Bolt a couple of downriggers on the gunwale and you will be eating Atlantic Salmon, Lake Trout and Walleye before you know it. You know where to find us. We will be at the Marina in front of the Coast Guard Station in Burlington. ;)

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have so many trailer questions
That makes the two of us..., lol.
In particular, I'm not sold on the rollers but need to look up close hopefully this weekend, those are very popular around here, I've learned to obey local knowledge. That said, we trailer fair amount and bunks are simply better for the road, yet, launching a boat this size in tidal mostly really bad ramps gives rollers huge advantage.

As an aside, I'm mounting a front tow bar, I'll need for close quarter maneuvering in my backyard, taking it off when not in use.

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sometimes people look at me funny when I tell them there is a USCG Station in Vermont. Then I tell them that Vermont is the West coast of New England. It takes a minute to sink in. But you can boat from the St. Lawrence, Montreal all the way to NYC on the Lake, canal and the Hudson. Part of the Great Loop, an alternate route.

There used to be a Naval reserve station here too. I believe they built the Echo Lake Aquarium, Leahy Center on the site. A few years back there were a few intense Naval battles on the Lake with the British.

20210127_154218.jpg

Last edited: