• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving to The Dark Side. Pilot House w/F300. Just because... it's Atlantic Northeast.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
And if you wanted further down the channel (road) you could have a sunbrella, isinglass or not, curtain made as a divider, for some privacy or to keep that area a bit warmer on those cold outings. If you have pump out capability for the head, you will not mind as much if someone uses it. Privacy may not matter too much in a family setting, but if guests are aboard, that may be different. Just snap it on.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And if you wanted further down the channel (road) you could have a sunbrella, isinglass or not curtain made as a divider, for some privacy or to keep that area a bit warmer on those cold outings. If you have pump out capability for the head, you will not mind as much if someone uses it. Privacy may not matter too much in a family setting, but if guests are aboard, that may be different. Just snap it on.
Yep, they have that - a privacy curtain to enclose the cabin.
DOn't have a good pic, but here is one from our test ride; it stretches all the way behind the helm.
1612139906192.png

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ah yes, I see it in your pictures on page 6.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski This is really just an interesting boat overall for me. I've never been around (or in a position to talk to someone about) a boat like this. I appreciate the tolerance with all my questions :D

That front berth area looks interesting. I think I would be tempted to put a fridge in there at some level. Maybe a port-potti at some level as well so you could overnight maybe?

What's the hatch on the deck for? Access to fuel tank fittings?

Why would you ever drive from the deck instead of from inside the house area? Do the binnacles and wheel move in unison, or are they independent? How do you see driving from the deck?

What does it look like with the bimini up? I assume it covers the entire rear deck area.

What do you do with all that deck space? I guess it's for fishing gear and stuff like that? As a certified non-fisherman, I have no idea how/what you need to fish for these species you guys keep talking about. Clearly it's easy enough to clean up/wash down. Do you have an onboard wash setup? Is it big enough you can throw an air mattress out there and sleep overnight?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think I would be tempted to put a fridge in there at some level.
@OUT ON THE REEF had a video on Youtube of his fridge install on his Parker (he put it behind the helm seat), but after his disagreement with Parker boats on his "crooked" pilot house, he took many of his videos offline.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@OUT ON THE REEF had a video on Youtube of his fridge install on his Parker (he put it behind the helm seat), but after his disagreement with Parker boats on his "crooked" pilot house, he took many of his videos offline.
I wonder how the GE home window air conditioner held up in the pilot house in a marine environment.

All of it in a nut shell

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Off topic... @swatski , How much snow are you getting? I hope the Yamaha's cover gets cleaned off, for it's sake. Look's like a lot of snow down that way. We will not see it until tomorrow. 8-12 predicted up here.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Off topic... @swatski , How much snow are you getting? I hope the Yamaha's cover gets cleaned off, for it's sake. Look's like a lot of snow down that way. We will not see it until tomorrow. 8-12 predicted up here.
We got almost 2' so far where I live, it's overwhelming.

I'm on service, going in for work. Tomorrow - I may have to put the chains on if it keeps snowing.

My truck/Landy is performing well but it's getting ridiculous:

There is a road there, somewhere? looks like something out of a @drewkaree meme, lol:
1612233015436.png

Current situation in the backyard...
My Yammie is there, somewhere, but would need to wade to it. She's covered, or... buried.
1612233473378.png

Can we talk about wakesurfing..., pleeeeeese...! lol.

--

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We got almost 2' so far where I live, it's overwhelming.

I'm on service, going in for work. Tomorrow - I may have to put the chains on if it keeps snowing.

My truck/Landy is performing well but it's getting ridiculous:

There is a road there, somewhere? looks like something out of a @drewkaree meme, lol:
View attachment 141346

Current situation in the backyard...
Yammie is there, somewhere. Covered. Or should I say... buried.
View attachment 141347

Can we talk about wakesurfing..., pleeeeeese...! lol.

--
I feel terrible that we sent our snow your way 😇

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski This is really just an interesting boat overall for me. I've never been around (or in a position to talk to someone about) a boat like this. I appreciate the tolerance with all my questions :D

That front berth area looks interesting. I think I would be tempted to put a fridge in there at some level. Maybe a port-potti at some level as well so you could overnight maybe?

What's the hatch on the deck for? Access to fuel tank fittings?

Why would you ever drive from the deck instead of from inside the house area? Do the binnacles and wheel move in unison, or are they independent? How do you see driving from the deck?

What does it look like with the bimini up? I assume it covers the entire rear deck area.

What do you do with all that deck space? I guess it's for fishing gear and stuff like that? As a certified non-fisherman, I have no idea how/what you need to fish for these species you guys keep talking about. Clearly it's easy enough to clean up/wash down. Do you have an onboard wash setup? Is it big enough you can throw an air mattress out there and sleep overnight?
No fridge, no AC, these just are fishing boats. Mostly used by commercial and semi-commercial fisherman in CA, and in the NE. NYPD used to have a fleet of Parkers. The NW and Alaska is all different brands but also very similar designs prevail - pilot house boats mostly, just like Parker, many aluminum hulls to protect from rocks. Parker calls it's pilot house "Sport Cabin", BTW. Many in the NW have larger cabins like Ranger Tugs, basically almost like RVs on the water. Parker SC is not like that, much simpler.

These Parker SC boats are not designed for family comfort and pure cruising but rather fishing in salt water where conditions offshore can change fast. Parker still uses so called "3-piece" design for strength, these boats are almost indestructible in the water; however family comfort and amenities are not a design priority. In other words they are safe but only minimally comfortable, in a very simplistic way.

Ride comfort in the cabin can be bumpy simply because the helm/pilot house are far forward towards the bow - way more forward as compared to most cabin cruiser or center console boats. That translates into more vertical movement at the helm position; consequently, even though some of these boats (like my new 2320SC) have deep vee hulls for cutting through waves sitting that far up front inevitably entails bumpy ride.

Actually, in good weather the best seats in the house are at the stern, in the cockpit; typically large bean bags are used for lounging and it is super comfy; the cabin shields the cockpit from excessive wind, so riding 50mph it feels like sitting in a convertible car back there, whereas a typical center console would feel more like riding a motorcycle, if that makes sense?

The advantage of PH design is 1. having an enclosed cabin to protect crew from the elements, and 2. large cockpit where multiple individuals can fish, keep in mind fishing for some of the large pelagic species like tuna, billfish (swordfish, marlin, etc.) requires a lot of cockpit room.

The second helm is handy for a captain to handle docking, and when trolling or doing anything else on the deck that still require boat control. Only one helm is "active" at a time. With enough beam an open side passage between the cabin and the gunnells can be used in bigger boats (to throw lines for docking etc.) but a 8'6" hull is too narrow for that. The 2320SC still has a "walk around" the cabin, and sitting places on top of the cabin and the cabin roof - many install a "nest" or cobia tower on top of the cabin for greater visibility, some add full helm instruments up there, too.

The boat has a built-in porta potty, which is also plumbed for pump-out. It is located under the cushions in the v-berth; there is privacy curtain; it is almost impossible to have a full size enclosed head in a 8'6" beam boat, so it is what it is.
1612328702544.png

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No fridge, no AC, these just are fishing boats. Mostly used by commercial and semi-commercial fisherman in CA, and in the NE. NYPD used to have a fleet of Parkers. The NW and Alaska is all different brands but also very similar designs prevail - pilot house boats mostly, just like Parker, many aluminum hulls to protect from rocks. Parker calls it's pilot house "Sport Cabin", BTW. Many in the NW have larger cabins like Ranger Tugs, basically almost like RVs on the water. Parker SC is not like that, much simpler.

These Parker SC boats are not designed for family comfort and pure cruising but rather fishing in salt water where conditions offshore can change fast. Parker still uses so called "3-piece" design for strength, these boats are almost indestructible in the water; however family comfort and amenities are not a design priority. In other words they are safe but only minimally comfortable, in a very simplistic way.

Ride comfort in the cabin can be bumpy simply because the helm/pilot house are far forward towards the bow - way more forward as compared to most cabin cruiser or center console boats. That translates into more vertical movement at the helm position; consequently, even though some of these boats (like my new 2320SC) have deep vee hulls for cutting through waves sitting that far up front inevitably entails bumpy ride.

Actually, in good weather the best seats in the house are at the stern, in the cockpit; typically large bean bags are used for lounging and it is super comfy; the cabin shields the cockpit from excessive wind, so riding 50mph it feels like sitting in a convertible car back there, whereas a typical center console would feel more like riding a motorcycle, if that makes sense?

The advantage of PH design is 1. having an enclosed cabin to protect crew from the elements, and 2. large cockpit where multiple individuals can fish, keep in mind fishing for some of the large pelagic species like tuna, billfish (swordfish, marlin, etc.) requires a lot of cockpit room.

The second helm is handy for a captain to handle docking, and when trolling or doing anything else on the deck that still require boat control. Only one helm is "active" at a time. With enough beam an open side passage between the cabin and the gunnells can be used in bigger boats (to throw lines for docking etc.) but a 8'6" hull is too narrow for that. The 2320SC still has a "walk around" the cabin, and sitting places on top of the cabin and the cabin roof - many install a "nest" or cobia tower on top of the cabin for greater visibility, some add full helm instruments up there, too.

The boat has a built-in porta potty, which is also plumbed for pump-out. It is located under the cushions in the v-berth; there is privacy curtain; it is almost impossible to have a full size enclosed head in a 8'6" beam boat, so it is what it is.
View attachment 141431

--
I got your refrigerator/freezer covered. You could freeze freshly caught fish. https://jetboaters.net/threads/dometic-cfx3-75dz-powered-cooler-refrigerator-freezer-for-the-boat.31170/ More versatile than a "hard mounted" refrigerator. Portable AC/DC Powered Boxes
Can be used on either boat or in the back of the Landy on those long road trips hauling one to Florida for a crossing. ;)

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate the time it took to type that up. Sounds like a heullva versatile boat.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate the time it took to type that up. Sounds like a heullva versatile boat.
I looked out last night...
...decided to stay inside and talk boats.
1612357947930.png

--

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I looked out last night...
...decided to stay inside and talk boats.
View attachment 141439

--
Yea, I would've stayed in too. View from a bit further south isn't much better, just a little "shallower" perhaps. This was the "sketchy hill" coming home a few nights ago.

PXL_20210127_223918222.jpg

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
If my op bro doesn’t mind, play find the GTI in Hopatcong (35”)

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see it! It is there on the right by the tr--... Oh, maybe not. Or its... no...

Say, why don't you move all of that white stuff out of the way? Might be able to see things better.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was glad to receive this large package today - undamaged and in great shape.
Inconspicuous on the outside, w/over $5k of electronic add-ons for the new boat including a garmin autopilot system - all in this one box.
1615609175764.png 1615609203132.png

Now the fun part will be the install...
It will need to wait until I have some time in the Spring/summer. Many boating accessories appear to be in short supply, apparently I got one of the last units of this AP in stock, I'm sure the new ones will cost more...
In the meantime, we are scheduled to pick the boat up from the dealer in two weeks! They promised it will be ready.

--