• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving to The Dark Side. Pilot House w/F300. Just because... it's Atlantic Northeast.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't wait to live vicariously through @swatski when he starts posting pic of all the fish he catches in his new boat.
I have big plans and lots to learn, and re-learn, it's been a twenty year hiatus for me since I left Boston. I'll be a weekend warrior, mostly, this season due to work. If you ever feel like playing a charter captain for few days, you know where we are, lol. The boat will be in the water, hopefully this weekend, if they finish all installs I'm picking up on Thursday.
:cool:

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski Any traction problems with the oddball weight bias? I know the 240 is no comparison to a full enclosed adn loaded race car trailer, but I'm sure there was some "weird dynamics" there. My buddy that does it all the time had to concoct a way to get his '95 Tahoe to be front wheel drive. SO he got a driveshaft disengaging contraption for RV usage and put that on the main drive axle, then puts it in 4Lo when he's moving his trailer around. Gives him the gear reduction of 4Lo, in front wheel drive, but without the binding that comes with being on the pavement in 4wd. It's a really interesting solution, and the only reason he had to do it was the lack of traction on the rear tires with the tongue weight on the front. He normally runs a WDH when towing from the rear because of the size of the trailer.

At any rate. Really glad that worked out for you!
That sounds elaborate, and I'm not sophisticated enough to fully appreciate. I considered engaging/disengaging things, I think I can lock/unlock differentials and the center and even activate enhanced turn mechanism (forgetting the name of it) in low, but it didn't seem necessary at all; the landy was just completely unflinching pushing the rig in regular drive and reverse. I may experiment with these modes sometime, just for fun I could probably push the boat sideways, lol, but I need to try it off pavement not on hard surface.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hell man, that is a awesome parking area!
Thank you sir, we have been very fortunate. I wish I made it a bit wider still, and if I had it my way there would be a big barn at the end, but... esthetics prevailed, lol, if you know what I mean (and I'm still married).

--

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe somebody already suggested this, but I can't believe you went to all that trouble and expense in buying the Parker when you could have just added a tuna tower to your AR 240.

No, srsly, this Parker looks like a great set up for you and your family. Congratulations.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you sir, we have been very fortunate. I wish I made it a bit wider still, and if I had it my way there would be a big barn at the end, but... esthetics prevailed, lol, if you know what I mean (and I'm still married).

--
Smart man

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great addition.
The Cobalt dealer up the road moves all their boats around with 2 Jeeps, both equipped with front tow hitches. That setup makes it look easy.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally, one year in the making - took the delivery.
1616787124943.png

It went great!
1616787160131.png
I was very happy when the serviceman told us he is obligated to check the WOT operation - for proper RPM, coming close to hitting the limiter - to make sure the outboard is mounted and propped correctly. No problem, lol. We were hitting 50mph in seconds from cruise.
It was perfect weather, cool, water like lake.
1616788077234.png
It all went pretty smooth...
1616787247614.png

...for the most part.

...half way into our hundred mile trek back home one of the hubs was getting hot - apparently it did not have a lot of grease (I did check the hubs before taking off - autoflex/knott hub looked okay must have been either under-packed or dried out or whatever). I pumped a bunch of fresh grease but then the zerk fitting came off.
It was a PIA to press it back but we figured it out and got home fine; nothing's damaged, just need to replace and service everything, I guess these things just sit around in the weather. I'll be starting my lubrication/anti-corrosion program over the weekend! lol.
1616787422364.png

The kids loved it!
1616787292915.png
1616787371214.png

--

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1616788371543.png
It was the rear - left - hub giving me some trouble. I pulled that rubber cap before we left the dealer lot and checked there was grease but didn't think to pump more.
Must be that grease just dry rots sitting around? the new hubs already have little spots of rust.
That notwithstanding, the trailer is fantastic, it rides like a dream, it also seems to be perfectly set up for the boat.
I have my work cut out for me, will be a busy weekend before we put the new boat in the slip.

--

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How did it tow with the Landy? I assume you turned it around first and towed from the rear. ;) Nice looking side yard!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! She looks more awesome at home than she did in the prior pics. Very happy for you. In fact, I might have to use that 'envious' like button.

Happy voyages to you and the family!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations !!! What a day, can't wait to hear about the adventures

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally, one year in the making - took the delivery.
View attachment 145267

It went great!
View attachment 145268
I was very happy when the serviceman told us he is obligated to check the WOT operation - for proper RPM, coming close to hitting the limiter - to make sure the outboard is mounted and propped correctly. No problem, lol. We were hitting 50mph in seconds from cruise.
It was perfect weather, cool, water like lake.
View attachment 145273
It all went pretty smooth...
View attachment 145269

...for the most part.

...half way into our hundred mile trek back home one of the hubs was getting hot - apparently it did not have a lot of grease (I did check the hubs before taking off - autoflex/knott hub looked okay must have been either under-packed or dried out or whatever). I pumped a bunch of fresh grease but then the zerk fitting came off.
It was a PIA to press it back but we figured it out and got home fine; nothing's damaged, just need to replace and service everything, I guess these things just sit around in the weather. I'll be starting my lubrication/anti-corrosion program over the weekend! lol.
View attachment 145272

The kids loved it!
View attachment 145270
View attachment 145271

--
Beautiful! Congrats, again. Jelly AF.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did it tow with the Landy? I assume you turned it around first and towed from the rear. ;) Nice looking side yard!
Thank you sir. The tow was pretty easy; Landy is a serious machine but I was more impressed with the Load Rite trailer ride, actually, a very smooth riding rig (my hub/zerk trouble notwithstanding), and it is a pretty heavy combo.

Got myself a new grease gun today - hopefully this will work better than the one I have been using which is 15 year old or so, could have been a part of the problem.

EDIT: this grease gun below is not recommended; worked great for about two hubs worth of greasing, then stopped.
1616813508428.png

--

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you sir. The tow was pretty easy; Landy is a serious machine but I was more impressed with the Load Rite trailer ride, actually, a very smooth riding rig (my hub/zerk trouble notwithstanding), and it is a pretty heavy combo.

Got myself a new grease gun today - hopefully this will work better than the one I have been using which is 15 year old or so, could have been a part of the problem.
View attachment 145303

--
Pretty nifty idea having a place to stow the grease flinging hose! I bought one of the lock and lube fittings but have yet to use it...

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice. You are gonna like that roller trailer. I grew up with roller trailers on all our boats. The Yamaha was my first bunk trailer experience.

View attachment 145303

--
I had a feeling you would like the trailer. How did the boat load? I am sure hand cranking was easier than with bunks. Oh, BTW, nice paint job on the hull, another reason to have rollers.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pretty nifty idea having a place to stow the grease flinging hose! I bought one of the lock and lube fittings but have yet to use it...
This grease gun coupler (tip) is fine, it is very convenient to use - easy on /off; however I can not recommend the gun itself. It stopped working on me and I can't figure out why.
Wasted a bunch of expensive grease in the process so I'm pretty pissed.
I'm also having issues with zerk fittings in those autoflex knott hubs, they are press fit type but not the standard 1/4" size, apparently.

Always something! :banghead:

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We did a lot of cleaning and "base-lining" the new boat today.
Sorting the windlass, starting to sort out the trailer, rejexing the hull, 303-ing the interior, and double 5200-ing add-ons etc. ...
1616899662461.png
1616899820799.png
1616899860961.png
Access to helm electronics is awesome!
1616899967019.png

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yall look very happy and Swatki's Angles seems to have grown a lot.
I do have a request, thought it is more of demand. You must stop posting pictures of both your boats parked next to each other. It is not fair for the rest of the us, the plebs. :mad:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We did a lot of cleaning and "base-lining" the new boat today.
Sorting the windlass, starting to sort out the trailer, rejexing the hull, 303-ing the interior, and double 5200-ing add-ons etc. ...
View attachment 145397
View attachment 145398
View attachment 145399
Access to helm electronics is awesome!
View attachment 145400

--
Question about your drive and pad for the boat, is that stamped concrete or actual pavers? If it is pavers are you worried about them shifting with the boats on it?