• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last outing for us. Lake has already dropped over half a foot in 2 days! :(

reszeIMG_8434.jpg

Going back down in a couple of weeks to drop the boat off to be winterized and then give her a good wax before the long sleep but she's done for the year. :bawling:

resizeIMG_8504.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yessir. Things are good. I thought I posted an update on the engine with milkshake oil, that was fixed still in MO by Yamaha - whole new head assembly, runs like new. I'll check the update.
only 30-40 new hours so far this year but we love it here; looking to add another vessel though, more for the NE conditions and ocean going.
Yes sir you did. It has been a while...I had to go back and reread the last page of the thread. Glad it all worked out and you were able to get some time on the water/slip this Summer. Would like to hear about the search for another vessel, whether it's a 420 Outrage, a Cutwater trawler, a Hinckley Picnic boat, even if it is a sailboat. ;) You could add some light to this thread that goes dark too early this time of year. https://jetboaters.net/threads/we-have-been-looking-to-add-to-our-boating-options.15561/page-17 All are welcome as I am running out of boat to refit.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes sir you did. It has been a while...I had to go back and reread the last page of the thread. Glad it all worked out and you were able to get some time on the water/slip this Summer. Would like to hear about the search for another vessel, whether it's a 420 Outrage, a Cutwater trawler, a Hinckley Picnic boat, even if it is a sailboat. ;) You could add some light to this thread that goes dark too early this time of year. https://jetboaters.net/threads/we-have-been-looking-to-add-to-our-boating-options.15561/page-17 All are welcome as I am running out of boat to refit.
LOL, no Outrage for me for a while.
we have been looking but it's hard to find the time for serious trials. No Cutwater; looked at Ranger Tugs though very very closely but need something faster and more rugged. looked a lot at Stigers a lot - disappointment! I love the Axopar and their 28 is high on the list, but the new 2320SL SC (deep vee) Parker may be it, with a large swim deck/bracket it is about 31 LOA, 300hp battlewagon, kind of what I need (to run with @tim h); loaded to gills (and I'm dreaming of a second station too, lol) it runs into mid 100 but that's what everything seems to run now; it is a sweet and extremely capable boat when set up right. we'll see!

In the meantime, I had the pool closed yesterday for the season; the heating bill was getting uncanny; kids not happy but I don;t care
1603158445993.png

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
we have been looking but it's hard to find the time for serious trials. No Cutwater; looked at Ranger Tugs though very very closely but need something faster and more rugged. looked a lot at Stigers a lot - disappointment! I love the Axopar and their 28 is high on the list, but the new 2320SL SC (deep vee) Parker may be it, with a large swim deck/bracket it is about 31 LOA, 300hp battlewagon, kind of what I need (to run with @tim h); loaded to gills (and I'm dreaming of a second station too, lol) it runs into mid 100 but that's what everything seems to run now; it is a sweet and extremely capable boat when set up right. we'll see!

In the meantime, I had the pool closed yesterday for the season; the heating bill was getting uncanny; kids not happy but I don;t care
View attachment 135712
I thought Cutwaters and Rangers were basically the same boats. Don't they come out of the same factory? I'm liking that style of boat right now.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Axopar boats are nice looking boats. I like the cabin version. On the Parker...once I see it, I can't unsee it. I know it was probably a one off incident, but don't get caught "Out on the Reef" with a crooked pilot house. Bring your level, lol. ;)
Good luck with your search for a reliable blue water capable boat.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought Cutwaters and Rangers were basically the same boats. Don't they come out of the same factory? I'm liking that style of boat right now.
Yes, they have similar purpose - "coupe" pocket/cabin cruisers (I call them RV-like), they merged but keep distinct styling between the two brands, those Ranger Tugs appeal to us a lot. Well, so does Cutwater CWA, actually, great concept. THey are very attractive; can't hold a candle to deep vee larger Parkers for sea worthiness not even close, other than they are cute and Parkers are not.
I Probably should start a new thread though!
I could use your advice, and @zipper's opinion on boats I value beyond anyone else's frankly.

this thread? - one pic of your last outing! here you go:
this was last weekend on Lake Greenwood, NY
1603240233949.png

Well, that was second last outing come to think of it!
We are SURROUNDED by water here. No longer landlocked! Free Swatski. lol
BUt seriously, boating here is just AWESOME. I wish I had a bit more time!
Home base is Lake Hopatcong, NJ
1603241197870.png
1603241290105.png

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski ask away my brother! I'll share as much as I know. I like the Cutwaters and Ranger tugs for the trailerable and outboard power options on a compact and enclosed cruiser. I'm thinking Great Loop someday.

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Yes, they have similar purpose - "coupe" pocket/cabin cruisers (I call them RV-like), they merged but keep distinct styling between the two brands, those Ranger Tugs appeal to us a lot. Well, so does Cutwater CWA, actually, great concept. THey are very attractive; can't hold a candle to deep vee larger Parkers for sea worthiness not even close, other than they are cute and Parkers are not.
I could use your advice, and @zipper's opinion on boats I value beyond anyone else's frankly.

this thread? - one pic of your last outing! here you go:
this was last weekend on Lake Greenwood, NY
View attachment 135751

Well, that was second last outing come to think of it!
We are SURROUNDED by water here. No longer landlocked! Free Swatski. lol
BUt seriously, boating here is just AWESOME. I wish I had a bit more time!
Home base is Lake Hopatcong, NJ
View attachment 135752
View attachment 135754
DUDE, are you on hopat now?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@swatski ask away my brother! I'll share as much as I know. I like the Cutwaters and Ranger tugs for the trailerable and outboard power options on a compact and enclosed cruiser. I'm thinking Great Loop someday.
We had this Cutwater slip in front of us all Summer. The owner had just recieved the boat, shipped from the West coast early July. There were 2 at the Marina.

20201021_115204.jpg

Just arrived at the slip

20200703_190621.jpg

Last edited:

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Yessir. Things are good. I thought I posted an update on the engine with milkshake oil, that was fixed still in MO by Yamaha - whole new head assembly, runs like new. I'll check the update.
only 30-40 new hours so far this year but we love it here; looking to add another vessel though, more for the NE conditions and ocean going.

new home (when not slipped at a new lake - we rent a slip on Lake Hopatcong)
View attachment 135639

New registration; same shine; and same crew, lol
View attachment 135640
Hoping this was your new place:)

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
DUDE, are you on hopat now?
We slip there (at LHM), LOVE the lake!
It's a short drive from the Caldwells.
1603339565154.png
1603339589634.png
1603339608230.png

1603339734473.png
1603339765898.png

We have a frequent flyer pass at the Windlass (for our dock-and-dine), lol.
1603339913941.png

--

Attachments

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Tremendous! Hope to see you on the lake next season. WELCOME!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Harlem River, NYC.
Proseco party with friends from Manhattan. Funny, they LOVE a new perspective: watching FDR Dr traffic from the water, lol.
1603561437656.png

That little soiree was rudely interrupted once we hit the NYC harbor, wish I had a movie clip hitting a 5ft ferry wake it was like a sub move, 5-10 inches of water in the cockpit, lol. things can change quickly past East river's Hell's Gate.

--

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That would have been a great video, good for you getting out 75 yesterday..46 today..

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife and I just completed our last trip for the season (really this time), an 85 mile round trip to old Sacramento for lunch on waverunners, from vierra’s resort to crawdad’s on the river.

It was cold enough to justify using the float coats and gloves (my coat feels like it shrank since I last used it years ago).

Door to door it was a 12 hour day, we were on the water for 6.5. Got off the water just before sunset. Awesome way to end the season, also found a new use for my mask, keeping my face warm while wave running.

Wow, lunch on water is expensive for people and waverunners, plus the tow vehicle.

As an added bonus I found out where the NorCal Mastercraft dealer that used to be near me moved to.

Also Crawdad’s draws in / does business the “old fashioned” way. The receptionists, waitresses and bartenders are hall hot women in tight clothing (no pics out of respect for my wife but my neck is killing me this morning after too many attempts to see what was behind me at lunch). The only males employees are the dock hands which I suspect double as bouncers.

Attachments

Last edited:

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length