• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The wife and I decided to try and get out last Saturday on the Conowingo Dam again. We got the boat launch and the wind was blowing pretty strong and the wind chill was making it feel colder than we were willing to deal with so we opted to drive to the dam itself, there's a viewing area on the downstream side for watching bald eagles that's a popular spot for photographers. Here's a few shots;

conowingo eagles.PNG
49130029008_9d5ca780a6_c.jpg16159687465_e5623685b9_c.jpg
30443812313_0aa41575cf_c.jpg
8239291776_b4e150a5eb_c.jpg30798201910_312b5efdca_c.jpg
When we got to the parking lot, there was a sign that said beware of the vultures - we saw a lot of them but weren't sure what it meant. We ended talking with a photographer that was there (he's there a lot and was carrying close to 20 grand worth of equipment) and he said that the black vultures will attack the cars in the parking lot and chew on the rubber seals around windows, sunroofs, wiper blades, etc. Supposedly there's sesame seed oil used in the rubber and it attracts the birds. He said there's only two places this happens in the country - here at the Conowingo Dam and somewhere in California. They have caused thousands of dollars in damages to a bunch of vehicles. Sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock movie in the making. The eagles were incredible and worth the trip with the boat in tow. The photographer said that Thanksgiving is the best time to see them since the dam is a congregating area for bald eagles and they can have 50 or more show up. Looks like we'll be heading back there over the holiday.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Al of these great photos from you guys down south makes me jelly. :)

The storage place took this photo of my boat going into hibernation. I was a bit worried that it was not heated (they told me it was, not just "climate controlled") but there is a space heater in the upper left corner of the photo so I'm happy. Looks like they got my Stoltz bow roller installed before it got delivered as well.

Hibernating for the winter.jpg

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looks alot nicer than were my boat is hanging out for the winter. I am GA so it won't be to cold and I can get to it if we do get some snow. FYI I ll be using the shipping cover when I officially put it up for the season, some were around Thanksgiving.20201028_172221.jpg

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The wife and I decided to try and get out last Saturday on the Conowingo Dam again. We got the boat launch and the wind was blowing pretty strong and the wind chill was making it feel colder than we were willing to deal with so we opted to drive to the dam itself, there's a viewing area on the downstream side for watching bald eagles that's a popular spot for photographers. Here's a few shots.
Those photos are amazing!!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks alot nicer than were my boat is hanging out for the winter. I am GA so it won't be to cold and I can get to it if we do get some snow. FYI I ll be using the shipping cover when I officially put it up for the season, some were around Thanksgiving.
Need to replace that bow roller on the trailer with a Stoltz! Then your boat can go to bed happy.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
We just can't get enough of it, NYC is a boating paradise.
Today we ouran a storm while coming back from Sandy Hook across the Raritan Bay.

This is past Verazzano-Narrows Bridge with One World Trade Center and Statue of Liberty (to the left)
View attachment 136038
and up-close:
View attachment 136039

Wouldn't want to be without my trim tabs here! Running with tabs fully deployed, about 20-22mph at ~5,100-5,300RPM, just eating 1-2' chop/swells. Forecast was for 2-3' but it wasn't as bad, with longish period.
My company has offices at Brookfield place (building with the pyramid on top) every time I go i dream about boating there.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My company has offices at Brookfield place (building with the pyramid on top) every time I go i dream about boating there.
I'll be boating here most every weekend until it freezes over (Xmas?), lol, then rinse and repeat in February or early March the latest. Feel free to ping me if you ever want to go for a ride! I'm currently on a total exploratory binge, still have parts of Randal & Wards/Bronx Kill, most everything past RIckers and entire Hackensack and Passaic rivers to cover, it is AMAZING - boating here.
The craziest part? There are (almost) no "no wake" zones, lol. How freaking cool is that!? I used to live in Boston where almost the entire Boston Harbor is no wake (I still love Boston, but....).
1603941212046.png

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The season is over.....☹
No way!
I'm boating - tomorrow. Can't wait. I put 10+ hard hours a day during the week, and the weekends are mine!
Hey, time to change the wardrobe, pull out ski clothes.

--

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No way!
I'm boating - tomorrow. Can't wait. I put 10+ hard hours a day during the week, and the weekends are mine!
Hey, time to change the wardrobe, pull out ski clothes.

--
Good to see you getting back to some sort of normal boating life finally

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Picture from last nights dog run...Moon was beautiful. Should be better tonight (full moon for the whole country)IMG_1871.JPGIMG_1872.JPGIMG_1873.JPGIMG_1874.JPGIMG_1875.JPG

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys in NC...how long is your boating season? I'm guessing 10 months???
My boat is always ready 12 months of the year. We usually get out at least one time every month in the winter. Only one year we didn't get out during January and February.
Peaceful in the winter, no one out and quiet

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
The wife and I decided to try and get out last Saturday on the Conowingo Dam again. We got the boat launch and the wind was blowing pretty strong and the wind chill was making it feel colder than we were willing to deal with so we opted to drive to the dam itself, there's a viewing area on the downstream side for watching bald eagles that's a popular spot for photographers. Here's a few shots;

View attachment 136163
View attachment 136164View attachment 136166
View attachment 136165
View attachment 136167View attachment 136168
When we got to the parking lot, there was a sign that said beware of the vultures - we saw a lot of them but weren't sure what it meant. We ended talking with a photographer that was there (he's there a lot and was carrying close to 20 grand worth of equipment) and he said that the black vultures will attack the cars in the parking lot and chew on the rubber seals around windows, sunroofs, wiper blades, etc. Supposedly there's sesame seed oil used in the rubber and it attracts the birds. He said there's only two places this happens in the country - here at the Conowingo Dam and somewhere in California. They have caused thousands of dollars in damages to a bunch of vehicles. Sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock movie in the making. The eagles were incredible and worth the trip with the boat in tow. The photographer said that Thanksgiving is the best time to see them since the dam is a congregating area for bald eagles and they can have 50 or more show up. Looks like we'll be heading back there over the holiday.
Awesome pics and Conowingo Dam is just up the road from me. Going to check this out for sure!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member