• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My wife and I just completed our last trip for the season (really this time), an 85 mile round trip to old Sacramento for lunch...

It was cold enough to justify using the float coats and gloves (my coat feels like it shrank since I last used it years ago)...

Wow, lunch on water is expensive for people...
Well we know the coat did not shrink. It's the "to go tour" of expensive lunches you have packed away this year. ;) Looks like a great time.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
you parked in the handicap slot @Ronnie, what’s up with that? ;)
Lol, I didn’t realize it until I looked at the pic again. What you don’t see is the boat we parked behind blocking the entrance to the spot to other / wider boats. We could have easily taken one of the non handicapped spots next to us but didn’t want to take up a whole spot with our “little” (11’ to 12’ long and 1k lbs. each) waverunners.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well we know the coat did not shrink. It's the "to go tour" of expensive lunches you have packed away this year. ;) Looks like a great time.
Agreed. I was going to tell my wife the same thing about her “shrinking float coat” but decided against it.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Headed out for a birthday dinner last night in Downtown St Petersburg; excellent Tomahawk Steak meal! Clouds there were amazing...

1603653826820.png

Attachments

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife and I just completed our last trip for the season (really this time), an 85 mile round trip to old Sacramento for lunch on waverunners, from vierra’s resort to crawdad’s on the river.

It was cold enough to justify using the float coats and gloves (my coat feels like it shrank since I last used it years ago).

Door to door it was a 12 hour day, we were on the water for 6.5. Got off the water just before sunset. Awesome way to end the season, also found a new use for my mask, keeping my face warm while wave running.

Wow, lunch on water is expensive for people and waverunners, plus the tow vehicle.

As an added bonus I found out where the NorCal Mastercraft dealer that used to be near me moved to.

Also Crawdad’s draws in / does business the “old fashioned” way. The receptionists, waitresses and bartenders are hall hot women in tight clothing (no pics out of respect for my wife but my neck is killing me this morning after too many attempts to see what was behind me at lunch). The only males employees are the dock hands which I suspect double as bouncers.
Never put a price on a great time you only live once.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last outing for us. Lake has already dropped over half a foot in 2 days! :(

View attachment 135641

Going back down in a couple of weeks to drop the boat off to be winterized and then give her a good wax before the long sleep but she's done for the year. :bawling:

View attachment 135642
That storage looks amazing. What's that run you a month, if you don't mind answering?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That storage looks amazing. What's that run you a month, if you don't mind answering?
I pay $150 a month. It’s much cheaper than towing 3 hours and minimal wear and tear on my truck since storage is 5 mins from the boat launch. Makes prepping for the day on the water a breeze since we do it at the storage unit with no stress and by-pass people prepping at the ramp.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just can't get enough of it, NYC is a boating paradise.
Today we ouran a storm while coming back from Sandy Hook across the Raritan Bay.

This is past Verazzano-Narrows Bridge with One World Trade Center and Statue of Liberty (to the left)
1603683592958.png
and up-close:
1603683744215.png

Wouldn't want to be without my trim tabs here! Running with tabs fully deployed, about 20-22mph at ~5,100-5,300RPM, just eating 1-2' chop/swells. Forecast was for 2-3' but it wasn't as bad, with longish period.

Last edited:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We just can't get enough of it, NYC is a boating paradise.
Today we ouran a storm while coming back from Sandy Hook across the Raritan Bay.

This is past Verazzano-Narrows Bridge with One World Trade Center and Statue of Liberty (to the left)
View attachment 136038
and up-close:
View attachment 136039

Wouldn't want to be without my trim tabs here! Running with tabs fully deployed, about 20-22mph at ~5,100-5,300RPM, just eating 1-2' chop/swells. Forecast was for 2-3' but it wasn't as bad, with longish period.
We hung out at that marina, without our boat obviously, for a good while last summer. The summer before Covid thankfully. We walked around and took lots of pics of all the BIG private yachts that were docked there at the time. There's also a sailing club that docks there so there were a bunch of club sail boats in the 20-22 foot range. We ate dinner at one of the many restaurants in the food court area that looks out at the marina and park that surrounds the marina. It was in June so there were lots of people hanging around and enjoying the area.20190612_194932.jpg
This is a jetboat! You think he's on the forum?
20190612_192442.jpg20190612_192242.jpg
This one was probably my favorite. He had big boat amenities and could take all his toys with him. The center console tied up next to it had it's spot on the deck too.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a lot of blood on the carpets...does that come up okay and what do you use???
Yes. Installed correctly, Seadek is surprisingly super easy to clean and very durable; hence, it's also used in some fishing boats; dirt, blood and guts come off easily using even raw water; even better if salt water due to its (low) ionic strength cleaning properties. The trick is to not let the blood dry, and never use hot water as it coagulates blood and makes it very hard to clean off of any surface.

--

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
still hot here. lake was glass. WOT for the first time and topped out at 45 but its fast enough lol and might of had some grass.
my 212x tops out at 47-48ish. That's fine with me too. I've only hit WOT once, myself.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a lot of blood on the carpets...does that come up okay and what do you use???
As @swatski mentioned, it is SeaDek and it cleans up beautifully. Used one of.my portable ballast pumps to create a nice strong raw water hose and it pretty much wiped off with a rag. And my SeaDek is 4 years old (I think).

I gaffed that fish right in an artery!