• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Got Dad and I out for a little (Canadian) Thanksgiving run. Lower Niagara River. Bridge pictured is the border crossing from Queenston CA to Lewiston USA. Sailing between two countries 😎 probably our last warm day. 72F. Leaves falling everywhere. C08CF3B9-F874-4C1E-92B2-4FA7BF823CB0.jpeg6A464E6C-3D01-4C40-A9FF-7E793C9E17C7.jpeg

AEmedic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now if only I could figure out how to get the tower/shade frame lower than that garage door... (essentially level with the windshield frame)
I understand that there is an adjustment on the cable that attaches to the tower, restricting its ability to drop that low. The adjustment is by a nut at the end of the cable under mount on the gunwall. It is accessible through the under-seat storage areas, though, not easily.

I am building caster brackets the will attach to the axle tubes with U-bolts so that mine will fit through my garage door opening...

Last edited:

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I understand that there is an adjustment on the cable that attaches to the tower, restricting its ability to drop that low. The adjustment is by a nut at the end of the cable under mount on the gunwall. It is accessible through the under-seat storage areas, though, not easily.

I am building caster brackets the will attach with U-bolts so that mine will fit through my garage door opening...
Wheels/axles off and onto casters directly? What's the height of your door opening?

AEmedic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wheels/axles off and onto casters directly? What's the height of your door opening?
Just taking the wheels off, the caster brackets will attach to the axle tubes. I will gain approx 5 inches. My door opening is just an inch under 8'.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just taking the wheels off, the caster brackets will attach to the axle tubes. I will gain approx 5 inches. My door opening is just an inch under 8'.
Does the AR240 tower drop below the level of the windshield?

AEmedic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does the AR240 tower drop below the level of the windshield?
I think it will if you adjust the retention cable all the way out or disconnect them...I have not done this yet.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not really an “outing” but the last time I’ll see my boat until May. Dealer just finished winterizing and is going to drop it off at the storage place on Tuesday so I went this morning to grab the batteries and snap-on covers. Picked up a couple buckets of DampRid at Lowe’s and the dealer will put them in on Tuesday right before it leaves their lot.

Saw a stack of Stoltz bow rollers in the service area and asked them to throw one on before it heads into storage.

EB7A0909-2E71-4134-8B77-08AC634D7F17.jpeg

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1602995791133.png

Jane305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Grady White
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
a lot of beautiful photos in this topic :thumbsup:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
a lot of beautiful photos in this topic :thumbsup:
Absolutely my favorite thread on the forum !! It is great to see all the members boats , family / friends , and scenery from their boating homes especially this time of year. Some of these "northern" photos and the Fall colors are fantastic.

mjs5128

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Absolutely my favorite thread on the forum !! It is great to see all the members boats , family / friends , and scenery from their boating homes especially this time of year. Some of these "northern" photos and the Fall colors are fantastic.
1F03E9B0-4F6A-4753-B772-755BB79C6CAF.jpegSpeaking of color, grabbed this one as well. We’re in peak fall foliage now in the Poconos. Wish I had grabbed the good camera for the trip, but the iPhone images came out pretty well.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
YEP , that's exactly what I'm talking about ! We are still a week , maybe two , away from that point here in south central KY. but going to enjoy it on the lake when it happens. THX.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What could be the last outing for my wife and I this season. We just finished breaking in the new ski and at lunch on the water. $60 for pasta, the food was one level above crap but the company was great and the trip fun and exciting.
0A1253C4-D60D-4659-8D18-FBDCB495EC74.jpegC3C3A33E-2E82-4EFB-BC1D-7B08D77ED85A.jpeg

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I almost did not believe my eyes...Good to hear from you. I did see your video on Youtube a while back. How are things? I see the boat is fixed.
Yessir. Things are good. I thought I posted an update on the engine with milkshake oil, that was fixed still in MO by Yamaha - whole new head assembly, runs like new. I'll check the update.
only 30-40 new hours so far this year but we love it here; looking to add another vessel though, more for the NE conditions and ocean going.

new home (when not slipped at a new lake - we rent a slip on Lake Hopatcong)
1603070532592.png

New registration; same shine; and same crew, lol
1603070754048.png