• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving to The Dark Side. Pilot House w/F300. Just because... it's Atlantic Northeast.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you wanted to postpone your state taxes, perhaps, you could register your boat in Delaware for now? We have no taxes on boats and motors (just the trailers). I believe that holds true for non-residents keeping their boats in Delaware as well.

Jim
Right. However we will be slipping in NJ and the new regs require NJ registration sticker to be displayed in any vessel slipped or stored in the state for over 180 days a year, easy enough for them to check as they have access to marina records.

--

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski what are you going to do with the LC? I assume a F350 is in order but what is the future of the legendary LC ? Can I get inline before some random Ford dealship makes a killing on it ?
DIBS ON SECOND IN LINE!

P.S. I will drive out to pick it up as well, if only to take a sight-seeing ride with the family! 😇 😇

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We were at the NYC Boat Show tonight, slim picking...
few EdgeWater boats, and not a single 280cx albeit those are generally hard to find as they only make about 20 annually.
1643345932809.jpeg

They had one 262cx which is nice but feels like half the size of the 280cx
1643345838614.jpeg

This is the 280cx we have under contract
1643345883660.jpeg

Also, getting a new trailer for the EW.
For over $10k plus a 2-3 months wait... Crazy times.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know, I am stuck on curtains, lol. When your Isinglass windshield (forward facing panels) gets crazed and it is time for replacement, consider Makrolon as a semi-ridgid alternative.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know, I am stuck on curtains, lol. When your Isinglass windshield (forward facing panels) gets crazed and it is time for replacement, consider Makrolon as a semi-ridgid alternative.

Have you seen anything as far as crazing or susceptibility to scratching for the Makrolon? Wearing glasses my whole life, I stopped dealing with polycarbonate lenses unless they were purpose-use glasses. Always seemed to scratch/cloud up even faster than plastic lenses. Something to consider, although I can see how it might be less of an issue in this use.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have you seen anything as far as crazing or susceptibility to scratching for the Makrolon? Wearing glasses my whole life, I stopped dealing with polycarbonate lenses unless they were purpose-use glasses. Always seemed to scratch/cloud up even faster than plastic lenses. Something to consider, although I can see how it might be less of an issue in this use.
We have not used it yet, only 40ga. Strataglass. I am gonna have to talk to "my other brother Darryl" on that one. Most like the optics better.

EDIT: After reading this, I would stick with Strataglass.

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have not used it yet, only 40ga. Strataglass. I am gonna have to talk to "my other brother Darryl" on that one. Most like the optics better.

EDIT: After reading this, I would stick with Strataglass.

For now, I'm just glad the boat comes with an enclosure so I don't need to bleed another 10-15k right away, as it is all adding up quickly and starting to hurt a bit, lol. Once we sell the Parker (which we fortunately own) I'll be able to splurge on some mods but that's few months away in our climate, I have zero interest in doing sea trials right now, lol. The enclosure should be good for few years, on the long run would consider stiffer, non-rollable, options for the front panels, like the ez2cy but who knows. I will be looking at SeaDek for the cockpit and helm for sure, as soon as it warms up up enough for the install. I love SeaDek.

I had an interesting conversation with a EW rep at the show, I asked him about the windshield redesign plans - if they plan to stretch it all the way up to the hard rooftop, as in new Pursuits or Boston Whaler DCs of similar size. He said they are not even considering redesigning the windshield - they determined it would look weird on the 280cx as the rooftop is so high already. I kind of see the point, so it is what it is, at least I know there are no major redesign changes that would make it look old in 2-3 years.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski When you do decide that it is time for new or improving your enclosure you will want to consider which panels that you might want to roll or not. If optics are critical for a certain panel then you will want it rigid such as Strataglass is the brand. Not rollable and very stiff and very clear when new and taken care of properly. We had it on our last Sea Ray 400 on the large rear panels and it was awesome to look through, when they were clean, because it was like they weren't there. If we had kept that boat I was gonna have the panels around the top of the windshield replaced with the same thing. It still had the original eisenglass panels that are rollable and had seen better days. This stuff ain't cheap and you need to have a good canvas guy to work with and knows what he's doing to make it look good.

Looking forward to seeing your new ride in action this summer. Cheers!🍻

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A long time ago, I could have been on an Ocean far, far away...

Screenshot_20220213-063907_Chrome.jpg

But I let the cow talk me into a Sailboat on the Far Side of a Lake with a 5 mo. boating season. Now, I search for another Gallaxy. :cool:

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@zipper you have been right all the time!

yes, boating here in the north east is hard... weep, weep...
we are getting there...

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well it has been a very cold winter here on the central west coast of Florida

Attachments

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are past the final hurdle, the survey is in hand.
It's nuts, over 330k replacement value, lol. I swear, this is not how I was raised...

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I swear, this is not how I was raised...
......I was born in a 8 million yacht and entered adult hood in the same boat, but my adult life has been tough. 2015 $30K for a 190, 2017 $60K for 240, 2020 $150K for the parker and now we are barely scrapping for $330K. o_O

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
......I was born in a 8 million yacht and entered adult hood in the same boat, but my adult life has been tough. 2015 $30K for a 190, 2017 $60K for 240, 2020 $150K for the parker and now we are barely scrapping for $330K. o_O
lolol, you are killing me, @Betik, for someone in finance industry you have pretty vivid imagination.

I cut my teeth with some "specials" as I liked to call them - basically scrap boats I tried to restore, with various level of success, lol
left a lot of skin, blood, and pride in a couple of those hulls.
1645679719003.jpeg

Not counting a little Whaler I kind of co-owned in Boston, our favorite of all time was that little 19-something Starcraft:
1645679297454.png
1645679317594.png
So many awesome memories!

it was an amazing ride; a little too much fun one could say.
shallow river, went through props like nothing, and sold that boat after crushing the lower unit twice in one season.
Saved my marriage. Got the first Yammie. :cool:

And all was good... until last year we landed in blue water again, here in New Jersey.

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
lolol, you are killing me, @Betik, for someone in finance industry you have pretty vivid imagination.

I cut my teeth with some "specials" as I liked to call them - basically scrap boats I tried to restore, with various level of success, lol
left a lot of skin, blood, and pride in a couple of those hulls.
View attachment 171937

Not counting a little Whaler I kind of co-owned in Boston, our favorite of all time was that little 19-something Starcraft:
View attachment 171935
View attachment 171936
So many awesome memories!

it was an amazing ride; a little too much fun one could say.
shallow river, went through props like nothing, and sold that boat after crushing the lower unit twice in one season.
Saved my marriage. Got the first Yammie. :cool:

And all was good... until last year we landed in blue water again, here in New Jersey.

--
We expose ourselves to many environments restoring/refitting older boats. I don't mind the mess getting there. It is rewarding to make them "Ours"

Screenshot_20200511-105659_Photos.jpg

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m ready for some more detailed pics/video of this new vessel. When do you take delivery?