• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MUST WATCH - THE ULTIMATE JET PUMP PULL

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great video Leojay!

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great video Captain Leo. I learned a lot. One question - it looked to be that the impeller edges were a little ragged. Did you consider replacing it?

Leojay

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great video Captain Leo. I learned a lot. One question - it looked to be that the impeller edges were a little ragged. Did you consider replacing it?
There where one or two edges that had some roughness and discoloration from the heat of rubbing. I filed it a little bit. I did not think the overall impeller was in bad shape at all seeing how it was still tight to the new impeller housing. Had it been worse I would of replaced it, but that is a tough job needing special tools and brute force.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone replace the stainless housing for the one with removable plastic liners? We do a lot of no wake putz’n and didn’t know if that would possibly make the boat any quieter? Seems like at idle I get the kinda rough noise we all experience but when I bump up 1 on the no wake mode it smoothes out.

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Love the video. Great work!

Haven't taken the pump housing apart, so this was much needed to take the angst out of it.

Last edited:

adamncincy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Leojay I didn't realize you were a member of this board! I love your videos even commented on a few. Some of the best DIY content out there!

Dfred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Huge THANK YOU @Leojay!!! You and your vids are one of the reasons We bought a “Yammy” (storage demo, launch, winterization with the antifreeze bucket pump, etc)....
Now I owe my smooth & quiet impellers to you - like Butter! I was apprehensive about what’s involved in pulling the jets and impellers. After getting all the guidance from this awesome JB crew - made the to-do list (long ratchet extensions, caulking, tightening to torque, and gasket maker, etc).
Totally worth it. No more blender sound!! It is unbelievable improvement and “easy” project to get to know your JB (‘09 AR210 with 160hrs).
- add/amplify:
- using an injector needle on the grease gun of waterproof grease gets the new to push out the old (at least from the last outer back bearing of the cone, understandably the front bearing is pretty inaccessible without further takedown, will tackle that down the River).
03A5E8F9-D2CE-470B-BE2D-C23FB3F7E378.jpeg
- recommend also OEM molybdenum grease available from Amazon: Yamaha Marine New OEM Molybdenum... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085D8KFVC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
(and other places) your pointers got me thinking a lot about what forces are going on at the drive shaft and splines....
- extra seal the cone seals/o-ring (@CobraJetSteering)

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
An awesome video.....love your channel too!!!