• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2019 FSH 190 Accessory Install

Doug19FSH190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey guys, I just wanted to put this project out there in appreciation to signing up on this forum and getting such good information. Im no electrician or mechanic but I do all of my own work seeing as getting a quote on a professional install nearly gave me a heart attack. I started by installing a Minn Kota Terrova I pilot and it took off from there through the winter. I built my own battery box out of PVC 3/4 for the sake of not liking the typical battery boxes. I then built a panel wall to organize the 12 block fuse panel to run my current and future accessories. All electric components are Blue Sea Systems and all tinned wire and heat shrink connected. A great app to use by Blue Sea Systems gives you your gauge
formula for your circuit. On the panel I placed the 2 bank plug in charger, switch, breaker, and block. Yamaha did excellent utilizing the haul for usable space. I also installed the Minn Kota Alternator charger in the area of the factory house and crank
battery. In the unused space I built a water tight storage slash dry box for the charger. I installed a Vhf radio, bow flood/spreader and aft spreader lighting. Hope this helps or inspires anyone just like everyone on the forum has for me. Thanks!20210425_222326.jpg

Attachments

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wow you do really nice work after seeing some work that “ professional people do” I believe you did a much better job yourself. I like the blue accessory lights so much I will probably do that on mine!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey guys, I just wanted to put this project out there in appreciation to signing up on this forum and getting such good information. Im no electrician or mechanic but I do all of my own work seeing as getting a quote on a professional install nearly gave me a heart attack. I started by installing a Minn Kota Terrova I pilot and it took off from there through the winter. I built my own battery box out of PVC 3/4 for the sake of not liking the typical battery boxes. I then built a panel wall to organize the 12 block fuse panel to run my current and future accessories. All electric components are Blue Sea Systems and all tinned wire and heat shrink connected. A great app to use by Blue Sea Systems gives you your gauge
formula for your circuit. On the panel I placed the 2 bank plug in charger, switch, breaker, and block. Yamaha did excellent utilizing the haul for usable space. I also installed the Minn Kota Alternator charger in the area of the factory house and crank
battery. In the unused space I built a water tight storage slash dry box for the charger. I installed a Vhf radio, bow flood/spreader and aft spreader lighting. Hope this helps or inspires anyone just like everyone on the forum has for me. Thanks!View attachment 149146
Dude! What an awesome job! Very inspirational !

What lights did you buy and install?

How is that alternator charger working? I was thinking about getting one of those but MinnKota said I didn’t have enough alternator capacity to make it work…

JPINOT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you drill into the TTop to install your spreader lights or use one of those bar brackets?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is fantastic work. I really like the FSH

Doug19FSH190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you drill into the TTop to install your spreader lights or use one of those bar brackets?
I did, I took the Top off and found one factory drill under the canvas that I used to fish the wire the I tapped the original hole a bit larger to feed the new wire. Also drilled for the light brackets.

Doug19FSH190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dude! What an awesome job! Very inspirational !

What lights did you buy and install?

How is that alternator charger working? I was thinking about getting one of those but MinnKota said I didn’t have enough alternator capacity to make it work…
It is actually working! I also have the plug in charger as well. Believe it or not the alternator charger has kept the batteries charged just being underway. I've put some serious time on that trolling motor too. Thank you! It was a great father/son project!

Ottawa

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I noticed blue led lighting inside the boat , can you tell me what you used to replace OEM lights . Thanks Derrick