• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Nav and Dock lights not working

ntubbs93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have 2021 195s. Doing checks today and the nav or dock lights will not come on. The rocker switch also does not light up. From looking at the manual there isn’t a fuse just a breaker underneath for the lights. I have tried to press and still doesn’t work. Has anybody had this? Is it the switch itself or the breaker I am assuming?

ntubbs93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Update. This morning got under dash again reattached wires and working now guess just had a bad connection.

attymatthew4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have this same issue. 2021 195S. Did you change the breaker? Do you know where to change this?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Always handy to have a small multimeter or a test light for trouble shooting electrical issues. The light in the rocker switch is powered from the switched side of the rocker switch, so if there is power to the switch the ground connection is the problem.

ntubbs93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have this same issue. 2021 195S. Did you change the breaker? Do you know where to change this?
It was a loose connection under dash. I reseated the wires going to the switch and then they are both working. If you open the compartment behind dash there is no back to dash so it is pretty easy to check wires.

the breaker is the black rubber button under switch. If it is flipped it will be pushed out and you can press it back in. I didn’t have to change it in my case but I have seen where people have said that breaker can go bad.

attymatthew4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Always handy to have a small multimeter or a test light for trouble shooting electrical issues. The light in the rocker switch is powered from the switched side of the rocker switch, so if there is power to the switch the ground connection is the problem.
No power to the switch (doesn’t light)

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No power to the switch (doesn’t light)
Are you sure the ground on the switch is good? Check with a test light to verify voltage at the switch, test a good one first so you know the test light or meter is working properly.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry got your post / thread confused with another of the same type… there is a fuse that feeds all of the accessories at some point. Be sure and check the fuses to verify that all are good. There can also be fuses in the battery compartment that are stand alone fuse holder / fuses as well.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
43E07DEF-FE7A-4E27-B902-DD2AA2CC92A2.jpeg