• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW 195’s AVAILABLE IN CA

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I dropped my boat of this morning at the dealer for the 10 hour service. They have 6-7 new 195’s that are not spoken for.

WEST COAST BOAT CENTER
ROCKLIN, CA

Now that would be a hell of a road trip from GA.

Hmm. How?
How, as in why do they have them? Service manager said they are unsold. I was shocked to see them. All 195’s

With most of boatramp inaccessible due to drought buyer probably hesitant to buy there in CA

With most of boatramp inaccessible due to drought buyer probably hesitant to buy there in CA
Could be a contibuting factor, but they sell high end boats there, the Yammys are probably the last ones that sell. However, when I bought mine in January, it was the only Yamaha there.

I think this is the first year 195s (supercharged engine) are available in CA. maybe people just don’t r alive they are available. Slap an ad on Craigslist and Facebook market place and those boats might sell quickly.

I tried to buy a 21 model 195s in Cali and was told they do not sell that model as it doesn't meet their strict emissions. It's a CARB3 boat and cali requires CARB4. I ended up getting one from Florida... I'll be spewin if I was misinformed...

Last edited:
No super charged boats in CA according to other posts I've read on the forum. Supercharged PWC's ok, boats no.

No super charged boats in CA according to other posts I've read on the forum. Supercharged PWC's ok, boats no.
That's interesting. Maybe that's why they have them, they're trying to sell them out of state. I didn't ask why they were there, buy they're there. There was one on the showroom floor as well, so maybe it's a 4-star.

This would be a first for such a comm...... um....well...different state than most of the country lol.

This may very well be the sign of end times. World has flipped on its axis. Or these weren’t 195’s for sale in that state.

This would be a first for such a comm...... um....well...different state than most of the country lol.

This may very well be the sign of end times. World has flipped on its axis. Or these weren’t 195’s for sale in that state.
I will ask the sales manager when I pick up my boat, and take some pictures for the non-believers, and see what engines they have.

Went on their website and they look like a wake boat dealer. I don’t see any jets. Current New Inventory | West Coast Boat Center

California for years has not allowed sales of supercharged boats going back to the 192 series because they are not 4 star compliant. In today’s clown world nothing surprises me anymore.

Ya that is why I was asking how. Can’t buy SVHO in CA for boats.

Can’t buy any 195s or 192s. It is the CARB requirement. Also can’t register it in CA at YOUR new residence unless you previously had it registered at YOUR former residence out of state. This means a CA resident can’t buy out of state and bring it in.

I know I checked. I ended up buying a 212.

Same for 255’s I believe.

There were no California 195s in 2020 and no California 255s this year. Maybe the Yamaha got/bought permission to sell 195s in CA this year and but the sites have just not been updated. I’d bet the ones for sale in CA are from out of state and being sold at a significant price premium as used.
C9C59D61-F43E-4928-984A-1CE505094645.png68F6FA30-DA93-472F-8C57-10E216A9D9F0.png

The 2021 210 FSH models are also not emissions compliant…. 2020 models, in 2020 were okay but new regs came into effect as of 01-01-21 that kept the TR-1’s from being sold in the PRK. The proposed regs for outboards in 2025 are nothing short of ridiculous.

OKAY…UPDATE: I dpoke with the sales manager today and it appears the service manager misspoke. They have Yammy’s available, but they are 190’s not 195’s. I STAND CORRECTED.

Back