• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2016 AR192 owner today in North Carolina...

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Travis and his brother Stuart are friends of ours. Great guys to work with. When you are ready to upgrade the stereo in it, let me know. I'm kinda their Wet Sounds voice/demo out here on the coast. They have been a long time dealer of Wet Sounds, but focused on UTV stuff. The guys there wanted to get more involved in marine audio so they helped me put together a demo package in my AR240.
Will do for sure.. Yes there UTV business is solid.. Anytime I am there a new one is loading up on a trailer.. Crazy how busy they are...

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome to the area... we boat on falls lake some.. but once we went to kerr it was too nice to go back to falls all the time. We liblve out in zebulon so we don't have to go through raleigh to get to the lakes. Never been on Jordan lake... that's on our to do list this year.. that and gaston..

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Welcome to the area... we boat on falls lake some.. but once we went to kerr it was too nice to go back to falls all the time. We liblve out in zebulon so we don't have to go through raleigh to get to the lakes. Never been on Jordan lake... that's on our to do list this year.. that and gaston..
Thanks for the welcome! Yes Kerr is on my list... I grew up in Western NC (Murphy) and it reminds me of the lakes there.. Fontana, Nantahala,Chatuga and Hiwassee were the lakes I spent my youth fishing and skiing... I can't wait to spend some time there this summer with this boat..

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You know... there is still time to get in o the Charleston sc run... @robert843 is putting it together! It's on mother's day weeked... if I knew what I was doing I would post the link here... maybe someone else can do that.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nothing compares to Fontana!

We stay in Holly Springs alot. I'm sure we'll see ya on Jordan one day.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nothing compares to Fontana!

We stay in Holly Springs alot. I'm sure we'll see ya on Jordan one day.
Mt wife and I saw fontana last year when we took the train out of bryson city... it was beautiful! We want to do 5hat lake one day too... it's kind of a haul to get there though!

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought it from the owners son Travis Weeks. Great bunch of guys there for sure.
I bought from them as well. Good people!!!

My wife and I are newbies and would love someone around when we launch this thing at Jordan or maybe Harris the 1st time.. Hope we can hook some time soon.
Again, I would be happy too. I will admit that my schedule is pretty stupid busy for the next several weeks so you might be wanting to get out sooner rather than later with me. Drop me a PM if you like and we can talk real time.

A few ideas for you if we cannot get together:

- I personally do not like Harris Lake. Very nice lake but very busy parking lot and launch ramps. Not very friendly for a learner such as yourself. Cars always back up deep to launch/retrieve.

- Look at Jordan Lake and try the New Hope Overlook access area off of Pea Ridge Rd. It may be a mile or two further to get to but here is what you get for that... Much less crowded ramps (there are 6 ramps). Protected cove for launching so you do not get any wakes or crap off of main lake. Never a wait so you can take your time learning the ropes.

Take your time and have fun. Good luck!!!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife and I are planning on dropping out boat in a local private lake this Saturday for a spring shake down cruise. We could always change to falls lake but it's kinda a long drive from holly springs. But if u want to make it happen we can meet you guys at the hwy 50 ramp... we bought a new trailer so we will be learning how it launches.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
You know... there is still time to get in o the Charleston sc run... @robert843 is putting it together! It's on mother's day weeked... if I knew what I was doing I would post the link here... maybe someone else can do that.
Man I would love that but got to do some practicing first... For sure I will do the next one, and we want to do Bimini next year!!! Reading posts the last 2 month and seeing Bimini trips is the reason I pulled the trigger. It looks like a dream trip...

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My wife and I are planning on dropping out boat in a local private lake this Saturday for a spring shake down cruise. We could always change to falls lake but it's kinda a long drive from holly springs. But if u want to make it happen we can meet you guys at the hwy 50 ramp... we bought a new trailer so we will be learning how it launches.
Man that would be awesome!!! Will talk to the wife after work. So would be coming up 540 what exit would I take to get to the ramp and what time? This forum rocks!!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
U need to get off on Creedmoor rd.. hwy 50.. the ramp is just after u cross the lake . It is a state park so it is like 5 bucks to get in. Last year $50 would get u unlimited access for the year for all kerr and Jordan lake.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I bought from them as well. Good people!!!

Again, I would be happy too. I will admit that my schedule is pretty stupid busy for the next several weeks so you might be wanting to get out sooner rather than later with me. Drop me a PM if you like and we can talk real time.

- I personally do not like Harris Lake. Very nice lake but very busy parking lot and launch ramps. Not very friendly for a learner such as yourself. Cars always back up deep to launch/retrieve.

- Look at Jordan Lake and try the New Hope Overlook access area off of Pea Ridge Rd. It may be a mile or two further to get to but here is what you get for that... Much less crowded ramps (there are 6 ramps). Protected cove for launching so you do not get any wakes or crap off of main lake. Never a wait so you can take your time learning the ropes.

I bought from them as well. Good peop
Again thanks for reaching out and look forward to getting together!

U need to get off on Creedmoor rd.. hwy 50.. the ramp is just after u cross the lake . It is a state park so it is like 5 bucks to get in. Last year $50 would get u unlimited access for the year for all kerr and Jordan lake.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
13304 Creedmoor rd wake forest nc.. I'll talk to the wife and see what time... I'm am thinking around 11ish..

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I though that is where it was located.
How do you send Private Messages on here? Trying to figure out...

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hey guys thanks so much for the warm welcome! It really is appreciated..

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The boss lady said we could shoot to be at the boat ramp from 10 am on... she doesn't want to get up to be there any earlier...